Coach Our next coach - Training Wheels included

Who do you want to see as our next senior coach?

• Buckley

Votes: 42 7.1%
  • Choco

Votes: 37 6.3%
  • Clarkson

Votes: 213 36.2%
  • Leppitsch

Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Lyon

Votes: 203 34.5%
  • Pyke

Votes: 55 9.3%
  • Roos

Votes: 19 3.2%
  • Scott

Votes: 46 7.8%
  • Voss

Votes: 61 10.4%
  • Worsfold

Votes: 12 2.0%
  • Rookie/Training Wheels MK III

Votes: 25 4.2%
  • Burns

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Caracella

Votes: 4 0.7%
  • Graham

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Harvey

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Kingsley

Votes: 17 2.9%
  • Schofield

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Yze

Votes: 5 0.8%
  • Giansiracusa

Votes: 6 1.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fremantle were lower scoring and horrible to watch. Ross Lyon can certainly coach but if he was to take over I would hope it would not be with similar boring style to watch or I might just exit stage left as a football watcher. Ross Lyon is the opposite to Teague. Teague has no idea how to have a team defend and Ross has complete mastery of it. But Lyon so full on defence, his team can still score even lower than the team they defend so well against and lose. The only positive is a break from game as coach may have given him time to freshen up his ideas and work with new tactics but same strength of how to enforce it in a team game.
Still Lyon is a lot easier to stomach as a person than Clarkson so we really got ourselves in a horrible situation to be needing another coach, again....
Can the people picking the coaches, please leave the club and close your door on the way out.
You know they averaged over 90 every year with him except their last. If he was low scoring and dour. What does that say about our abysmal average points for with an attacking game plan in a supposedly faster and higher points scoring competition....

It has to be Clarko.. or else we are screwed

Part of me thinks Lyon would be a good fit IF all the crap that was sprouted about him was fiction, if not, I don't think we should be comfortable bringing in that sort of culture.

I think getting rid of Teague would be another example of short sighted, pig headed Carlton that think they can buy success with a big name.

Is Teague the perfect coach? No, but he needs to have a shot to develop his craft.
Reality is we've been smashed by injuries, he has taken over a lop sided list with doubts over many of the young players traded and drafted in over the past 5 years.
He's had a crack at playing more exciting, attacking football. Certainly scope for more balance in our play but much more enjoyable to watch than previous years where we would be lucky to kick 60 points a game.
Let's get in some experienced assistants to mentor him and add some tactical nous.
A new coach represents another regime change, huge changes to the list and a whole reset of game plan.
I'm wary of the jaded champion coach coming to our club to get "instant success". Let's stick fat and actually invest in our club over at least 4 - 5 years before throwing all the toys out of the cot.
It sounds like Teague is gone - classic Carlton. We never learn. We never change. No wonder our culture sucks.
Nice rant. I think you've gone off and ignored the fact that this might actually be required pending the results of the review.

Ross or Clarko.

Yeaterday I liked Clarko for the job. Today I like Ross as I reckon he’d be more passionate about winning a flag and coaches Carlton for the right reasons.
I agree.

Clarko situation reminds me a lot of Malthouse. He didn't want to leave his club, but was pushed out for the heir apparent. Malthouse was bitter...
And, I can see Clarko being bitter too.

Whereas, Lyon is refreshed and with a little stint in the media, he will be more of a well rounded coach

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the money is right, especially in these days of financially uncertain times with COVID, good people/assistants will come.

Don't think we will find out until after round 23 either way, which I believe is the right call.
even for one year, when it’s almost a certainty that the next coach will want someone else in the role? Sounds a bit career killing

Clarkson gets teams full of average players to beat premiership contenders.

Teague can’t get a team full of quality players to beat wooden spooners.

List full of quality players ? Lay-off the pipe son. More holes in our list than Swiss Cheese

List full of quality players ? Lay-off the pipe son. More holes in our list than Swiss Cheese

No mate, we have a reasonable list with a couple of absolute GUNS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back