Strategy Our Next Senior Coach: 2019 & Beyond... is Matthew Nicks

Our next senior coach...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's gonna be S Burns right?

Anyone really think it'll be someone else?
If it ends up being S Burns I dont think it is pre-determined as some media have claimed, he will need to win the job

Ive met both JPod and Smyth, they are not involved to tick some boxes, they are imvolved to run a process that recommends the next coach

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I was in the kiosk at AO about 30 minutes before a game and Harper was in there.

It was amusing watching him select a bucket of chips. He pretty much looked at every bucket, inspected a few by picking them up one by one and finally selected a bucket of chips he seemed to like. Took a few minutes.

As amusing as that was, I did think he must not have much of a match day role given he had that much time to spend selecting his chips. Or even be in the kiosk at that time.

Also, if he had that attention to detail in his job, he may not be in the situation where he was selecting a bucket of chips 30 minutes before a game.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Did he at all ask at what temperature the chips were cooked at? What oil was used?

I was in the kiosk at AO about 30 minutes before a game and Harper was in there.

It was amusing watching him select a bucket of chips. He pretty much looked at every bucket, inspected a few by picking them up one by one and finally selected a bucket of chips he seemed to like. Took a few minutes.

As amusing as that was, I did think he must not have much of a match day role given he had that much time to spend selecting his chips. Or even be in the kiosk at that time.

Also, if he had that attention to detail in his job, he may not be in the situation where he was selecting a bucket of chips 30 minutes before a game.

Actually it was that attention to detail that got him strife in the first place. 😜

Balfours wanted a meeting re their sponsorship of showdowns. Phil met them for lunch. They tell him they don’t think they’re getting bang for their buck anymore with the showdown and they’d prefer to sponsor an individual player instead of the whole club. They said they wanted to sponsor Tippett. Of course we are not to organise 3rd party deals. But this is what Balfours wanted. So Phil, in his eagerness to dot t’s and cross i’s.... sent them an email confirming the changes THEY had requested. He felt, as they’d requested it, there was no need to advise the AFL. It was this email that sunk him.

So I emailed BetEasy and asked why there is no Adelaide Crows coach market, there response was its “a trading decision”.

What the hell does that mean? Do they think there is a clear standout and they’d do their nuts?
The bloke in charge of the hire is a keen punter.

Godden is a good coach, you can't blame a 1st year mid coach a 2yr issue at the club.

He had to play the hand he was dealt.

Also, I do wonder how effective he could have been with us promoting his predecessor.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So I emailed BetEasy and asked why there is no Adelaide Crows coach market, there response was its “a trading decision”.

What the hell does that mean? Do they think there is a clear standout and they’d do their nuts?
They have got the Crows coach badly wrong the last few times, so are not bothering this time.

Dunno but from what some of the new backline lads said they really rated his on field coaching.
Went to a pre-season SANFL game he was captaining in. Did the rev up in the goal square end, nobody around so you could hear every word he said. Was quite a speech, apricot slice brigade would have probably fainted from the amount of F bombs that came out his mouth.

Didn't he say that he's not sticking around?
Dunno but from what some of the new backline lads said they really rated his on field coaching.
Went to a pre-season SANFL game he was captaining in. Did the rev up in the goal square end, nobody around so you could hear every word he said. Was quite a speech, apricot slice brigade would have probably fainted from the amount of F bombs that came out his mouth.
Someone posted here the other day that he was offered a development coaching role here. Apparently he is leaving to take up an assistants role with Fremantle. I've no idea whether or not this is true

So if Tom Browne is to be believed, there are 4 on the shortlist and Burns and Godden are 2 of them. Who are the other 2?
Schofield and Stone.

PS. Like Tom Browne, I have no idea... I’m just making up names too. 🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back