Strategy Our Next Senior Coach: 2019 & Beyond... is Matthew Nicks

Our next senior coach...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I like the sound of that - it means if he comes in, he's bringing his own assistants with him and is cleaning out the panel that's already there.

On the other hand, that article also mentions David Noble?

He knows the landscape heā€™s entering, he becomes a calming influence on a club that needs it

The club doesn't need a calming influence. It's been too calm for too long. It needs somebody to come in and tip the whole damn thing upside down.

From what I've been told Campo is the one that the players have the majority of issues with...

What I am hoping is that a change of senior coach forces a change in Campo moving on

Retaining Campo to suppprt a new senior coach would be disastrous IMO

Pyke's biggest mistake was not forcing Campo out of the club

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

This is about spot on according to a former player.

From what i was told Campo has a couple golden boys that he favours and is arrogant to the majority. Basically gave Pyke a list of who should and shouldn't be at the club on arrival.

Do not want this again

Very dumb post by you.

He's only two years out of his playing career - strong willed human who is getting suggested for coaching positions based purely on reputation. Obviously VASTLY lacking in coaching experience and we've seen where hiring coaches based on playing experience will lead you.
You compared him to Voss, which was a poor companion as he had no previous coaching experience. Your comparison is dumb!!

Mitchell is more like a recently retired player with limited coaching, not someone with no coaching experience!

If it is true that we are at our maximum allowed under the football cap it could be hard to clear out the Assistants. Campo and Hart might be out of contract but I would imagine Godden and Mattner have at least a year left.

Would their contracts allow them to be moved to a different role within the club?

This is about spot on according to a former player.

From what i was told Campo has a couple golden boys that he favours and is arrogant to the majority. Basically gave Pyke a list of who should and shouldn't be at the club on arrival.

Do not want this again
Let me suggest this;
Sanderson - player disharmony
Pyke - player disharmony

Campo was the main consistent factor. Does he sow seeds with some players that develop in to a rift with the Senior coach?

If it is true that we are at our maximum allowed under the football cap it could be hard to clear out the Assistants. Campo and Hart might be out of contract but I would imagine Godden and Mattner have at least a year left.

Would their contracts allow them to be moved to a different role within the club?
If we are at the maximum, then whoever oversees this and signs the cheques needs a bullet. Given the experience levels of the people we have employed, we should be well below. Perhaps if hired competent people to start with, we wouldn't need to hire 2,3,4 people to do one job??

Chappy said last friday morning on AA we are near the maximum, but also said that wouldn't stop us going over in the future

From what I've been told Campo is the one that the players have the majority of issues with...

What I am hoping is that a change of senior coach forces a change in Campo moving on

Retaining Campo to suppprt a new senior coach would be disastrous IMO

Pyke's biggest mistake was not forcing Campo out of the club

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
The way I heard it Pyke is not to blame.
He wanted his own assistants and was told no.

If we are at the maximum, then whoever oversees this and signs the cheques needs a bullet. Given the experience levels of the people we have employed, we should be well below. Perhaps if hired competent people to start with, we wouldn't need to hire 2,3,4 people to do one job??
Steve Saunders didn't come cheaply. He'd be the highest paid employee after the senior coach.

I think if you join all the dots then a major player in the coaching mix has to be Jarrad Schofield.

Ridiculous record in the WAFL, very highly rated. 6 seasons for 3 flags and 2 runner ups (minor premiership in those 2 years but lost GFs to Freo stacked Peel sides).

But hereā€™s the rub. We make him an offer for an assistant role at the end of 2016 which he turns down. Then we chase him again at the end of 2018 but again he turns us down. We wanted him pretty badly Iā€™d suggest.

Hard to believe we donā€™t put him in the mix now. Question is - has he turned us down in the past because he wants nothing to do with AFC, or was it just about the role and the No1 job changes things. Looks to be a pretty strong Port person.
So was Phil Walsh

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let me suggest this;
Sanderson - player disharmony
Pyke - player disharmony

Campo was the main consistent factor. Does he sow seeds with some players that develop in to a rift with the Senior coach?
Potentially. This was allegedly a problem with Williams at Richmond.

But you're overlooking that the senior players are also a consistent factor. Remember they are minor royalty in this town, they don't appear to enjoy being pushed out of their comfort zones.

Do you have to spend a minimum (like 95% of your cap) and up to a maximum amount?

Potentially. This was allegedly a problem with Williams at Richmond.

But you're overlooking that the senior players are also a consistent factor. Remember they are minor royalty in this town, they don't appear to enjoy being pushed out of their comfort zones.
Lol this shows on match day when things get tough, so many down hill skiers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back