Our rookies

After round 10, who has been our best rookie?

• Ben Hudson

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Hayden Skipworth

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jacob Schuback

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • Luke Jericho

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Brent Reilly

Votes: 6 13.6%
  • Trent Hentschel

Votes: 28 63.6%
  • Martin Mattner

• Nathan Bock

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Hentschel. Has impressed as he has stood up when others have been down and out (Benny Hart, Nigel Smart). As a defender I'd rate him high, but as a forward, not convinced yet. But overall good year 2004. (Luke Jericho was close though, but Hentschel is Mr Consistency. :))

I voted Huddo, I really like his infectious attitude. It is proberbly more of a heart over head choice as Hentschel has been the most consistant.
But I am a fully fledged member of the Benny fan club (love the grit)

Hentschel easily. He's become a fully fledged AFL footballer in a very short time.

Hudson rates next because he's made a huge leap in a very few years from nothing to AFL and gives 100% plus.

Jerich in 3rd spot because he's playing a year ahead of his time, and will be nothing short of an excitement machine.

Originally posted by macca23
Hentschel easily. He's become a fully fledged AFL footballer in a very short time.

Hudson rates next because he's made a huge leap in a very few years from nothing to AFL and gives 100% plus.

Jerich in 3rd spot because he's playing a year ahead of his time, and will be nothing short of an excitement machine.
Thats how I see it but I wouldn't say Hentschel easily. I think Huddo is a very close 2nd

Someone really wants to p|ss me off so they voted for Mattner:p

Originally posted by jc67
I voted Huddo, I really like his infectious attitude. It is proberbly more of a heart over head choice as Hentschel has been the most consistant.
But I am a fully fledged member of the Benny fan club (love the grit)
Step in line behing Neil Kerley ;)

Week in week out Kerls is singing more and more praises fro Hudson. He has already albeled him better than Clarke :eek:

Originally posted by Stiffy_18
I thought you were Ben Hudson fan :p
I think Hudson has been a great pickup for the Crows, but he still has a way to go, and there is no reason why he shouldn't get there.

Like Macca23 I think Hentschell since people already don't see him as a rookie.
Hudson next since he makes up for lack of experience with grit and his ruckwork seems to be improving everytime one looks.
Followed by Jericho and Bock for being good young players that could easily make it to the top shelf given the right environment.

Overall, our rookies have been promising & certainly not the main reason our season has been poor. Though granted there is more "slack" for the other players to pick up compared to previous seasons as you get inconsisent performances from them.

Would probably rate them in the following order:

Hentschel - been the standout for me with consistent performances & great poise/decision-making has established himself in the starting line-up.

Hudson - shown that he is already a capable backup ruckman & should improve as he leans more about his craft. Think how much strife we would be if still were relying on the other Ben.

Jericho - exciting prospect with good size, pace & mark. Atheltism reminds me a bit of Mods. Just need needs to work on consistency as fall out of the game a bit (though this is tyoical of a forward flanker).

Schuback - very quick & also uses his pace to tackle/pressure opponents. Beautiful long left foot kick. Reckon he should be left in the side (unless his form really slides).

Bock - still not sure what to make of him in that like Crowell where is best suited to play (probably a tall flanker as not yet ready for KPP). However has shown more than a few glimses that he may be able to crack it AFL level (though I'm still not convinced).

Mattner - probably a bit 1-dimesnional, but handy if used in the correct role off a HBF. Has good size & quicker than you would think, which helps his awesome tackling. Reckon it is decision making rather than his kicking as such that is his problem.

Reilly - been disappointing for various reasons as this should be his breakthrough year. Hope he can show us what he is made of in the 2nd half of the year, as we need a quality wingman.

Skipworth - have seen nothing yet to suggest he will make it AFL level. Will be lucky to stay on our list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by Kane McGoodwin
Skipworth - have seen nothing yet to suggest he will make it AFL level. Will be lucky to stay on our list.

If Mattner goes public with his polaroids first Skippy's shot.

Originally posted by McLeod23
C'mon, Radar, I'm not sure how you did it, but you know your not allowed to vote more than once. :)
:eek: I am hurt! How dare you!

I didnt vote Reilly!!! (suprisingly)

I voted Trentschel :D

Sadly (sob) my namesake has been injured and I couldnt give him a vote, it just wouldnt be fair. He doesnt deserve it so far. I hope he proves me wrong.
He also has 4 votes..who the hell voted for him?!? :confused:
And Jezza with one is just a disgrace.... :mad:

Originally posted by RaDaR ReiLLy
Guys I swear on Brent Reillys life that I didnt vote for him!!

No s***!!! I voted for Potential!!
Next you'll try and convince us that your boss (Macca23) is not Rucci. :p

Originally posted by PAfolwr
Next you'll try and convince us that your boss (Macca23) is not Rucci. :p
Haha...well.. I have my suspicions about my boss :p

And for the last time I swear on my life, on brents life and even on your life that I DID NOT vote for Reilly!!!!!!

This is getting out of hand. I might have to hire a lawyer :p

Go Trentschel!

Originally posted by RaDaR ReiLLy
This is getting out of hand. I might have to hire a lawyer :p

Do you have the cash to retain him for the next three years on wages of around $300-400k/year?

If so, hire Peter Bell and allow him to work, pro bono, for the Adelaide Football Club.

Originally posted by dyertribe
Do you have the cash to retain him for the next three years on wages of around $300-400k/year?

If so, hire Peter Bell and allow him to work, pro bono, for the Adelaide Football Club.
Pfft, no..

But its easy..lower his salary. :D

I think everyones being harsh. Everyones judging him. Hes played 10 AFL games and people want him traded cos he can't get back into the side. Its pathetic. :rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Our rookies

Back