Outlook Rocky: he likes an expensive Tawny

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Trengove is a band 2 compo does that change the likelihood of Rockliff being a band 2? Surely rocky's contract is more lucrative?

I'm positive it won't happen but if we did match it would amusing to go back and reread this thread.

While on the topic of unlikely events and amusement... if in the unlikely event we get pick 2, I will also find this thread amusing to reread ;)

How much is Trengone on? 9 months younger than Rockliff and both have played a similar number of games and he got Band 3 compensation. So would be expecting Rockliff to get Band 2 with that precedent for 2017.

If Trengove is on peanuts (unlikely) and if Rockliff is closer to 800K than 700K we might have a sniff of Band 1 actually. But VERY unlikely - a lot ifs here.

Edit - Seems Trengove on about 500K for 4 seasons. Hmm.

Last edited:
The noises Rockliff was making late-season were that this next contract was about family. My guess it's about the money, but that's just a guess.
Money = Family. Just ask Kurt Tippett and Jake Lever.

How much is Trengone on? 9 months younger than Rockliff and both have played a similar number of games and he got Band 3 compensation. So would be expecting Rockliff to get Band 2 with that precedent for 2017.

If Trengove is on peanuts (unlikely) and if Rockliff is closer to 800K than 700K we might have a sniff of Band 1 actually. But VERY unlikely - a lot ifs here.
To get Band 1 compo (first round) the Port contract offer would have to be in the top 5% of average yearly contract salaries for players over the age of 25. Roughly, that means Rockliff's offer would have to be equal to the current top 12 to 15 paid players over 25 in the competition. By the published 2016 numbers, there were 14 players who earned over $800k (one of which was Tom Boyd who is less than 25 years of age). So I would think that for Band 1 compo Rockliff's deal would have to be around $3.1m or $3.2m over 4 years for us to qualify.

Jake Lever's family is in Melbourne o_O

If it was just about family he would have said he wanted to go to Melbourne the city, not just the club. I'm sure most Melbourne clubs would have found space for him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So question for the knowledgeable.

I see Port received band three compensation for losing Trengrove. However commentators are saying they will likely lose this compensation when they sign Rockliff.

How would trading in Cameron possibly effect our potential compensation from losing Rockliff?

Or is it a case that because we have trade in Cameron, giving up a pick, this does not effect any possible compensation from losing Rockliff?

I see Port received band three compensation for losing Trengrove. However commentators are saying they will likely lose this compensation when they sign Rockliff.

How would trading in Cameron possibly effect our potential compensation from losing Rockliff?

Or is it a case that because we have trade in Cameron, giving up a pick, this does not effect any possible compensation from losing Rockliff?
FA compo is only affected by when attaining another FA. Trades are purely separate and therefore will not affect any compensation from releasing Rocky via FA.

Free agency compensation is based on your free agency ins and outs for the period.

As a trade, Cameron won't affect the Rockliff compensation.

Free agency compensation is based on your free agency ins and outs for the period.

As a trade, Cameron won't affect the Rockliff compensation.

Honestly
Freo looking at getting Matera GC, and Wilson GWS, both for picks high 30’s to 40s.
We are kidding ourselves if we give up 19 for Cameron, make Crows wait until next year use our picks we have like 18 & 19 (Rockliff) work together for a lower pick same with pick 12, try and look at 3 in top 10 this year and offset those with picks higher say 30s to use on Ballenden and Paine later.
Cameron ours next year for nothing, explaining the process to him and how it will hopefully benefit him when he eventually arrives.
I would be swapping pick 1 for a pick 3-4 which GWS May find themselves with during Trade week finishing

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

It was nice to know under voss that even if we were down by 30 coming into the last we were still a chance. I swear one year we won like 6 games in the last quarter. Always made for exciting times at the Gabba

Im very much in the 'Leppa Stinks' camp but in all fairness, Vossy did have a stronger list.

Honestly
Freo looking at getting Matera GC, and Wilson GWS, both for picks high 30’s to 40s.
We are kidding ourselves if we give up 19 for Cameron, make Crows wait until next year use our picks we have like 18 & 19 (Rockliff) work together for a lower pick same with pick 12, try and look at 3 in top 10 this year and offset those with picks higher say 30s to use on Ballenden and Paine later.
Cameron ours next year for nothing, explaining the process to him and how it will hopefully benefit him when he eventually arrives.
I would be swapping pick 1 for a pick 3-4 which GWS May find themselves with during Trade week finishing

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
Few problems with that. Cameron is unhappy. Not specifically with the Crows, but with life in Adelaide. We tell him we want to rip off his club, leave him unhappy for a year, tell him he's not worth a reasonable pick, and hope he'll still want to join us next year...

That's the line his manager is pushing too. More comfortable position for everyone than saying I'm leaving for the money.
Apologies for the intrusion if it is unwelcome.
I think it is both reasons - you are getting an A-grade list together, I just think that when in peaks in 3-4 years, Tom may no longer be best 22 and would miss out on that opportunity for success.
He may have the chance to have an immediate impact with a mature squad and he might be able to achieve some team success that he hasn’t already.
All big ‘ifs’, but worth a shot?

Also, Adelaide is cheap compared to the East Coast and more money plus lower expenses could help a young family?

Good luck with your compo pick - I hope you get a cracker to continue your list development

Apologies for the intrusion if it is unwelcome.
I think it is both reasons - you are getting an A-grade list together, I just think that when in peaks in 3-4 years, Tom may no longer be best 22 and would miss out on that opportunity for success.
He may have the chance to have an immediate impact with a mature squad and he might be able to achieve some team success that he hasn’t already.
All big ‘ifs’, but worth a shot?

Also, Adelaide is cheap compared to the East Coast and more money plus lower expenses could help a young family?

Good luck with your compo pick - I hope you get a cracker to continue your list development
Yeah, I don't know how young families survive on under $600,000.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back