Ovens & Murray discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Read in to it how you like, could just be a sheer coincidence, but the two best games Tom has played coincided with a few one on one pre-match chats we had. The discussions were very high energy. The secret to squeezing a bit more out of him on-field could be in pandering and stroking the ego a little. I noticed he played poorly and probably didn’t respond well to the grilling I had to give him after some poor performances. In the name of what’s best for the club, this week I’ll be making sure he’s heaved with praise, if he gets off the chain against Wodonga we could be on to something. He’ll be picked regardless of form so it’s paramount to get the best out of him.
1693126668353.gif

Will prime make mention of he's mentor Geoff in he's next YouTube clip, you've gotta hand it to Geoff, he's a man of the people,

Where to Myrtleford? They've got some good players in winter Irving and Curtis, I'd think they would have been hoping to be more competitive this year, even though they lost a few from last year

Will prime make mention of he's mentor Geoff in he's next YouTube clip, you've gotta hand it to Geoff, he's a man of the people,

Where to Myrtleford? They've got some good players in winter Irving and Curtis, I'd think they would have been hoping to be more competitive this year, even though they lost a few from last year
See above

Time for Myrtleford & Bright to merge and create a destination major league club in Alpine Valley. Junior pathways Bright can‘t offer beyond Wang juniors, even split of matches in both towns. But Bright to host the big one at Easter. You know it makes sense
I actually think that would work well. Although, it would create another hole to fill for the o and k.

Time for Myrtleford & Bright to merge and create a destination major league club in Alpine Valley. Junior pathways Bright can‘t offer beyond Wang juniors, even split of matches in both towns. But Bright to host the big one at Easter. You know it makes sense
would be the best move in the long run for football in the valley but bright have a massive supporter base, have always been competitive in the o&k, never struggled for senior/reserves numbers yet so don't see how it benefits them, Whorouly on the other hand would probably be best suited for a merger but not sure if myrt would want to go that way.

In theory this is a great suggestion but the issue might be that currently both clubs have players who are enjoying playing senior football in their respective leagues. All of a sudden 20 of them would be playing reserves.
It’s a bit different to the Rutherglen, Wahgunyah, Corowa situation where numbers are a real issue.

It’s a great discussion but I think we need to apply some tension on the reins, similar discussions were being tossed about between Thurgoona and NA, the latter bounced back beautifully with no outside help. Bright should be the envy of the O&K, instead, they’ve won just one premiership in the past 25 years. Huge missed opportunity’s at the club as far as marketing and rolling notes goes, looking from the outside I’d say very poorly managed. First thing Bright should’ve done a month ago was get on the blower to Baiter, corner Reid for 2025, maybe Pecker follows? Think big if you want to be remembered in the history books, risk reward, you need men who make bold moves.

It’s a great discussion but I think we need to apply some tension on the reins, similar discussions were being tossed about between Thurgoona and NA, the latter bounced back beautifully with no outside help. Bright should be the envy of the O&K, instead, they’ve won just one premiership in the past 25 years. Huge missed opportunity’s at the club as far as marketing and rolling notes goes, looking from the outside I’d say very poorly managed. First thing Bright should’ve done a month ago was get on the blower to Baiter, corner Reid for 2025, maybe Pecker follows? Think big if you want to be remembered in the history books, risk reward, you need men who make bold moves.
So you want 3 injury prone blokes over 35 fronting the club?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

“Think big if you want to be remembered in the history books, risk reward, you need men who make bold moves”

… and women Goofrey!

So you want 3 injury prone blokes over 35 fronting the club?
Yeah I do. Seems to be working ok for Wangaratta. Bright are a waste of potential, look what Glenrowan achieved not so long ago, why can’t that be them? Get the right men in charge and the worlds your oyster.

Yeah I do. Seems to be working ok for Wangaratta. Bright are a waste of potential, look what Glenrowan achieved not so long ago, why can’t that be them? Get the right men in charge and the worlds your oyster.
Can u stop with this crap, actually sick of it ay. I’m sick of hearin about Glenrowan. Shit dead club, ur an absolute window licker , always bringing up this crap to stir us all up. I better actually hope I don’t find out ur real identity cos come game day I’ll actually touch ya up. Ull need ur mates to carry ya tonya car not hold ya back

Ur an absolute flog, and I’m done with it. Can’t bite my tonge anymore

Can u stop with this crap, actually sick of it ay. I’m sick of hearin about Glenrowan. s**t dead club, ur an absolute window licker , always bringing up this crap to stir us all up. I better actually hope I don’t find out ur real identity cos come game day I’ll actually touch ya up. Ull need ur mates to carry ya tonya car not hold ya back

Ur an absolute flog, and I’m done with it. Can’t bite my tonge anymore

download.jpg

I’m sensing a lot of indignation. On other news, I think the league is entering dangerous territory fielding a female umpire just to tick a box, I’ve been less than impressed. Every field umpire at this level needs to be picked on merit. Thoughts?

I’m sensing a lot of indignation. On other news, I think the league is entering dangerous territory fielding a female umpire just to tick a box, I’ve been less than impressed. Every field umpire at this level needs to be picked on merit. Thoughts?
“Thoughts?”

You’re a dinosaur and a few posts back you talked about ‘men’ making bold decisions at a footy club… now you’re critical of women as umpires, and you’re hiding behind the old chestnut of being picked on merit.

You’re pathetic, truly pathetic.

What the absolute fk???
Go to bed, dinosaur!

Remove this Banner Ad

Ovens & Murray discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back