Ovens & Murray discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

For the same reason that he's doing it now, for views and cash.
If he dropped back to a slightly weaker comp you'd imagine that he'd have a few more highlights and he could sell a narrative around doing it for the love of the game. If he's struggling to get a kick, he has a very limited shelf life as yet another Insta fitness guru.
Send him out to Tarrawingee, make him train locally both nights for any chance of a game, would do the arrogant ratbag some good. Waltzing in to an O&M star studded line up after 6 weeks on this piss, it’s disrespectful to the club and the league. I’ve had enough, and I’m not the only one. He’s fractured the team harmony.

Rovers are capable of upsetting the Big three, no one wants to face them, Yarra and Wang are worried, Albury very concerned. Their best will brutalise Wodonga. The unpredictability can be a hard nut to crack for opposing coaches, which side are we going to be facing today? Marklew needs to be one out in the arc all day, Baulch used sparingly if he’s selected, almost like a sub, keep him on the pine for 3 quarters and let him loose in the fourth.

Rovers are capable of upsetting the Big three, no one wants to face them, Yarra and Wang are worried, Albury very concerned. Their best will brutalise Wodonga. The unpredictability can be a hard nut to crack for opposing coaches, which side are we going to be facing today? Marklew needs to be one out in the arc all day, Baulch used sparingly if he’s selected, almost like a sub, keep him on the pine for 3 quarters and let him loose in the fourth.
Yarra dont rate Rovers at all

Don’t rate a side that humiliated them earlier? Not what I’m hearing, Stevie can’t coach, he’ll be outsmarted.
By who?

Certainly not the Rovers coaching clowns

He did play VFL with Aspley a few years back. It’s just that Rovers are struggling a bit and the gap between top 3 and rest is quite big. Rover didn’t have many big forwards for him to kind of work with.
In Prime we trust 😆
Nonsense. I’ll tell you what, I’d hate to see him in a lowly side, he struggles for a sniff of the pig skin in winning team, and that’s with a four time league medalist ramming it in the bread basket. Never in my life have I seen such a self absorbed being in a team environment. Can’t be told either, won’t take constructive criticism onboard, not even from the more experienced heads with a wealth of game day knowledge.

He did play VFL with Aspley a few years back. It’s just that Rovers are struggling a bit and the gap between top 3 and rest is quite big. Rover didn’t have many big forwards for him to kind of work with.
In Prime we trust 😆
Sure, I'm not that invested in him & only know of him due to the ongoing fixation that some on here have with him.
The feedback has been that he's struggled with the standard of footy, which really isn't the end of the world.

Zeibells attackers charged, put them in a pen with Jack and Gaz, that’ll sort them out. Dane Swan owner of the pub, no surprise he let those derelict bafoons in, tattooed to the eyeballs I’m guessing.

Sure, I'm not that invested in him & only know of him due to the ongoing fixation that some on here have with him.
The feedback has been that he's struggled with the standard of footy, which really isn't the end of the world.
His me first attitude is the main concern, we would’ve been happy to mentor him through bad form patches, but he won’t be told. The O&M is different to the state leagues, some guys don’t adapt at the “lower” level. I think it’s the microscope you’re under down here, there’s no hiding when you play a poor game, unless of course you piss off back down the Hume. He should be made to live locally to submerge himself in to the great country town culture.

Why haven't you offered him the back room at glenrowan?
All jokes aside Trent, he wouldn’t have lasted a day at Daniel street through the 2014-2017 golden era. That was a complete team effort, from Boothy manicuring the turf and keeping track of time through to the volunteers frying chips and the on field stars doing what they did, absolute team effort. The best footballer in the region selflessly put the club and team first, that’s what is needed to get the ultimate success.

All jokes aside Trent, he wouldn’t have lasted a day at Daniel street through the 2014-2017 golden era. That was a complete team effort, from Boothy manicuring the turf and keeping track of time through to the volunteers frying chips and the on field stars doing what they did, absolute team effort. The best footballer in the region selflessly put the club and team first, that’s what is needed to get the ultimate success.
Manicuring the mud pit, I've been to tips that have had a better surface

On CPH2021 using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How do you manage to bring everything back to Glenrowan? Your ability to piss in the pocket of a club that no longer exists is admirable to say the least.

Can you give us an injury update for Rovers please BigLaz?... especially after the weekend.
Darcy Wilson and young Will McCarthy back this week, Dylan will also have a canter against NA after passing the concussion test. Alex McCarthy will be rested until the Wodonga final, although he says his knee is fine. Christie and Pup will be thrown straight back in for the elimination as well. Hearing Big Gatto is done. Murray will play in the middle against Wodonga, expect another debutant or two this week, it’s about getting through unscathed.

Are they in a better position than last year Geoff? They ran out of steam last year in the prelim
It’s a good question, you’d take Carps,Jolliffe and Bryant over a few players, the gaping hole left is not having Crezza with the clipboard, the hole probably needs filling. If Hebron was permanently in the side and committed I don’t think they’d be beaten.

Players looking to be drafted, you’ve got just as much chance getting attention in the O&M, commit to a club and get settled locally, make a name for yourself, flicking between the two leagues hinders your football and mindset.

Are they in a better position than last year Geoff? They ran out of steam last year in the prelim
Had Rovers got through to the GF last year they would have had half a side… that’s how many were playing injured. Toby Murray’s best game, he stood up and he’s taken it to another level, they’ve got some talent. But they’ve got their share of injuries this year too and they need a full list fit and firing.

Rovers will flog Wodonga in the first final.

Ben Reid is out for Wang, that’s too bad.

From what I seen Saturday they are nowhere near the top3.

Had Rovers got through to the GF last year they would have had half a side… that’s how many were playing injured. Toby Murray’s best game, he stood up and he’s taken it to another level, they’ve got some talent. But they’ve got their share of injuries this year too and they need a full list fit and firing.

Rovers will flog Wodonga in the first final.

Ben Reid is out for Wang, that’s too bad

He does go well that Toby Murray.

From what I seen Saturday they are nowhere near the top3.
Fair comment...

I have mentioned over the course of the year that they do need their full list and unfortunately they don't have that right now, getting a couple back so we'll see how much it improves them. Yarra certainly gave Rovers a good working over. Yarra supporters sure do like ale or 10 and there's plenty of them... it's got that 'we're here to have a great day' feel about it. Contrast that with Albury, both seem to find huge amounts of cash to get a team together but Albury is a such miserable joint. Ya need a bit of spirit around the place as well as money.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ovens & Murray discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back