Ovens & Murray discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Going to be a monumental challenge. Noted Porter missed on the weekend too, first game he’s missed through injury since 2008, that has to be some record? Most blokes don’t play that long, let along every game.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
What's this, did the prime train knock you back to go his poddy, there's only room for one social media superstar at Rovers, Geoff or the prime train

What's this, did the prime train knock you back to go his poddy, there's only room for one social media superstar at Rovers, Geoff or the prime train

Could Geoff be The PRIME TRAIN? Sign and lead the return of Glenrowan next year?

Shouldn’t be too hard to check, his game day blogs are all his ‘highlights’ includes every possession and even some almost possessions. Wouldn’t think he would be leaving too many on the cutting room floor at present.
You are a proper Galah! I stand by the list of players I compared with from Wang, most of which have all played in the last four O&M grand finals, what have your’s done?
Problem with Rovers is you always go to far looking for outside talent to make you relevant again. Blokes flying in from all over from state league sides, when they are available, now you’ve got a social media star as your marquee player, who will be gone again in an blink of an eye.
I’d reckon you are already trying to get big Hughes back into the mix again? Even though he disrespected all those younger talented players that deserve their chance to play and grow in the senior side. #cultu#cultureiding the fact I’ve got a soft spot for more than few in your side, but stop shooting yourselves in the foot. Flags there to be won, go and win it first.

Could Geoff be The PRIME TRAIN? Sign and lead the return of Glenrowan next year?

Will Prime Train remain at Rovers if his form doesn’t warrant a senior spot?

He’s clearly struggling to adjust and I wonder what his terms are?

Will Prime Train remain at Rovers if his form doesn’t warrant a senior spot?

He’s clearly struggling to adjust and I wonder what his terms are?

If he was just a player and didn’t come with all the self promoting Prime Train stuff he wouldn’t be noticed and would probably just be seen as a serviceable player.

Many questioned whether he was out to being a stand out player in the comp and to be fair it’s 2 games in but he has some work to do.

You’ve been confused with one of this threads greatest participants. He’s no longer with us 🪦

I think he's been banned from the ovens and king thread as well. Good things do Happen!

On a serious note, who is the best player to defect to a minor league from ovens and Murray?

Lads, in other news, I’ve jumped on the merch bandwagon.

Use code POCKET, paying homage to my days as a defender, to get 25% off

Had a Good laugh at this

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ll go one further and ask who is the best player the O and M has seen??!!

I’ll go Robbie Walker

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Hard to go past the great R Walker. Started his career as a strong leading CHF before moving into the midfield and completely running his opponent to death in the second half of games. Won 5 Morris Medals across both positions. Was an out and out superstar and probably would have played a lot of league footy if he could have adapted to city life.

Ask anyone who can remember and Ablett Snr’s season at Myrt was as good as any, whilst few have accumulated the ball with as much ease as Jon McCormick. Steve Norman kicked over 1000 goals for the Rovers too during the 70’s and early 80’s, as well as playing in 6 premierships.

Geez. First merch.

Next minute you’ll have your own Podcast

Think
If he was just a player and didn’t come with all the self promoting Prime Train stuff he wouldn’t be noticed and would probably just be seen as a serviceable player.

Many questioned whether he was out to being a stand out player in the comp and to be fair it’s 2 games in but he has some work to do.
Agree, think on lookers need to lower expectations of the prime train. Ankers in his first two games last year kicked 10 and had 60. Prime has probably had 20-25 and 1 goal, although there is every chance they are on a similar $$ he isn’t a top 100 player in the comp so we should only judge him by his footy standard...

Side note love watching Elliott Powell on the weekend, I reckon he’s a star!

Think

Agree, think on lookers need to lower expectations of the prime train. Ankers in his first two games last year kicked 10 and had 60. Prime has probably had 20-25 and 1 goal, although there is every chance they are on a similar $$ he isn’t a top 100 player in the comp so we should only judge him by his footy standard...

Albury have got the best big blokes in the comp by a mile!

Flag favourites.

Think

Local media, newspaper, radio, pumped up his tyres so hard they inevitably were going to burst. No evidence anywhere he was a star in any comp he played in previously. But media fell for hype hook, line, sinker. Based on that he has become a player elevated way beyond his ability on exposed form at this level. As for his sidekick from Kyneton, who also got pumped up way too hard, has he actually played at senior level yet?

Remove this Banner Ad

Ovens & Murray discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back