All Australian
Suspended
Dec 12, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
geelong
Warren Tredrea was on "Ten News" boasting that Port will win because they have nine players who have played in a Grand Final before, whereas Geelong only have Mooney.

So what he is saying is that the team with more Grand Final experience players win. Well, Tredrea is forgetful then. Port Adelaide themselves defied this assumption when the inexperienced Port, with only three or four previous-GF players, beat a Brisbane team who were in their fourth successive Grand Final. Brisbane Lions won their debut Grand Final against GF-hardened Essendon. So this claim is as full of hot air as Tredrea himself.

Re: Tredrea's boast.

Warren Tredrea was on "Ten News" boasting that Port will win because they have nine players who have played in a Grand Final before, whereas Geelong only have Mooney.

So what he is saying is that the team with more Grand Final experience players win. Well, Tredrea is forgetful then. Port Adelaide themselves defied this assumption when the inexperienced Port, with only three or four previous-GF players, beat a Brisbane team who were in their fourth successive Grand Final. Brisbane Lions won their debut Grand Final against GF-hardened Essendon. So this claim is as full of hot air as Tredrea himself.

Great post.

Choco's also talking it up - he's "more confident than in 2004". Terrific I say!

Re: Tredrea's boast.

He should stick to making gestures to his faithful i actually like him until he talks.:D

Mark Williams

Continued with the mind games, stating that he is more confident of winning this Saturday then before the 2004 Grand Final.

Surely a comment such as this would only make our players harder at the ball......

Re: Mark Williams

Continued with the mind games, stating that he is more confident of winning this Saturday then before the 2004 Grand Final.

Surely a comment such as this would only make our players harder at the ball......
doubt they would take much notice! he always seems to spin some sh!t before games. Hope we win, so we cn rub it in his face. Biggest sh!t talkr of all the coaches.

It's a dumb thing to say. Coaches go out of their way not to give their opposition any ammo. Smacks of desperation to me.

Every second post i read is "arr Treders said this" or oooooo"Williams said that" if its affecting the team 1% of how much its affecting your supporters the cracks will show on Saturday!

I'm loving this week. Every day we open up the papers and read about someone from Port Adelaide big-noting themselves and virtually disregarding their opponents. There's a reason Geelong finished on top, and Port Adelaide will find that out on Saturday.

Every quote, every word that they utter is just putting more pressure on them to back it up, whereas Geelong are just focussing on getting their processes right ready for the big day. Haven't seen one quote from a Geelong player or official in the media this week about Port Adelaide, but the sports section is full of the opposite.

Every second post i read is "arr Treders said this" or oooooo"Williams said that" if its affecting the team 1% of how much its affecting your supporters the cracks will show on Saturday!

If it was affecting the team, don't you think there would be rebuttals from Geelong players and officials quoted in the paper?

The club are doing exactly what they should be doing, and that is concentrating on football and the game on Saturday, rather than resorting to mind games. I wouldn't be surprised if Bomber and the players haven't even picked up a paper this week, as they probably knew they would be full of these sort of quotes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I cant when 20 minutes into the last quarter, Moons goes up to tredders and takes a bow after kicking the sealer!!!!!

You're guys reckon they're terrific and are shoe-ins. They're saying so every day. Personally the more the talk it up the happier I am. They obviously believe their own publicity and are thinking about the last game, when they beat a team most thought would finish last by a big margin, rather than the game before, when they beat a team gutted by injury by a tiny margin.

Williams is a great coach but a massive tool and he passes that arrogance on to his players. Don't start me on "Tredders" what a joke he is. One of the many reasons Port is hated by so many. One of the great things about 2002 & 2003 was beating those arrogant pricks when they finished top of the ladder & thought they were going to walk it in. Unfortunately we werent around to stop them in 2004 so is up to the Cats to do it in 2007.

Williams is a great coach but a massive tool and he passes that arrogance on to his players. Don't start me on "Tredders" what a joke he is. One of the many reasons Port is hated by so many. One of the great things about 2002 & 2003 was beating those arrogant pricks when they finished top of the ladder & thought they were going to walk it in. Unfortunately we werent around to stop them in 2004 so is up to the Cats to do it in 2007.

Tredders is hated by many on his own team. There was a massive rift between his group and Primus within the club. Part of it was supposedly about the way he celebrated his goals, not giving credit to the rest of the team. Take a bow, Tredders!

A lot of fairweather supporters too - look at their crowds through the year, and have a look around BF to see how many have come out.

He wasnt making this many statements before the 2004 Grand Final. I think he is a bit worried this time to be honest.

Mark Williams is the master of psychological games, especially before big ones. If he says what he says, you'd do better to have a good think about why he's saying it, and what the real effects will be, rather than leaping up automatically and calling him a bigmouthed tool.

Mark Williams is the master of psychological games, especially before big ones. If he says what he says, you'd do better to have a good think about why he's saying it, and what the real effects will be, rather than leaping up automatically and calling him a bigmouthed tool.

I reckon he is more a Master Baiter:rolleyes:

He's not saying it for our benefit, he's saying it for the benefit of his own players (particularly the young ones). He has to convince them they can win.

Which is not to say he isn't a bigmouthed tool - you don't dis your own major sponsor in your Premiership speech!

How funny would that be? Another coach getting completely personal. I'd love it!

Agreed, that would be the most hilarious hit back all season. Love it when Chocco talks, his chin and neck resemble a turkey's, just slapping away.

Hope his banter gives us more ammunition to take it out on his players.

Remove this Banner Ad

PA Mind Games Again......YAWN!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back