Test Pakistan v England (3 Test Matches)

Remove this Banner Ad

Have only just switched it on. Missed the rest of the game.

Do Pakistan have no other choice with their climate? But why do the keep playing on the flattest of pitches?

Think the Bazballers proved last time in Pakistan that they have too much firepower if there is nothing in it for the bowlers

When I was growing up pre-internet and pay TV I would assume that the quality of bowlers like Imran and Wasim and Waqar meant that the surfaces were taken out of the equation a bit - they probably wouldn’t have been too dissimilar to these ones but the bowlers could make better use of both the natural swing when the ball was new, and the older ball once the pitches began to become abrasive and effect the ball. Of course there were always the accusations of ball tampering etc but it’s not like they weren’t playing on cameras when they toured and no one seemed to really pick anything up on those players as far as I’m aware beyond the usual ‘old tricks’ that all the bowlers would try if they felt they could get away with it.

There doesn’t seem to be the level of skill that there was then to make use of the ball itself and the pitches themselves don’t seem to effect the condition of the ball the same way - they’re probably prepared ‘too’ well if that makes sense, they don’t deteriorate the same way, which I guess means the spinners don’t have the same impact either

Remove this Banner Ad

Test Pakistan v England (3 Test Matches)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back