Test Pakistan v England (3 Test Matches)

Remove this Banner Ad

13th player to score 100 on debut for Pakistan. A few handy players on the list, Saleem Malik, Javed Miandad and Younis Khan.

Sadly, the first player to achieve the feat for Pakistan, Billy Ibadulla, passed away earlier this year. I remember Billy because he played a couple of seasons in, and for, Tassie in the early 70s (their pre-shield days).

A pretty even first day with Pakistan finishing on 259/5.

As Atherton said this pitch looks to be a better pitch than the first test pitch with a more even contest between bat and ball.

It might look different when England are batting on it though.

Carse going at 1.27 an over and they’ve been calling it a spinners wicket…

Well his run rate doesn’t preclude that from being the case. If it’s slow, it may simply be the case that the quicks aren’t coming onto the bat with enough pace to get the ball away particularly if they’re not throwing the ball up much to try and swing it; I noticed Stokes, who they said WAS getting swing, went for four an over from his relatively brief spell suggesting he was bowling quite full so probably giving them a chance to drive (I didn’t watch much, just followed the live scoring)

Well his run rate doesn’t preclude that from being the case. If it’s slow, it may simply be the case that the quicks aren’t coming onto the bat with enough pace to get the ball away particularly if they’re not throwing the ball up much to try and swing it; I noticed Stokes, who they said WAS getting swing, went for four an over from his relatively brief spell suggesting he was bowling quite full so probably giving them a chance to drive (I didn’t watch much, just followed the live scoring)
Could have been similar to back when we couldn't hit Twatto off the square

I don't think I have ever seen Williamson bowl.
Smith hasn't bowled in ages, even though he was brought into the Australian side as a spinner.
And whenever Kohli bowl, it's almost done for the fun of it
Kane Williamson has 30 Test wickets and 73 International wickets but I've never seen him bowl either (because he chucks it).

Carse removing Rizwan early on, the Pakistan lower order need to show some fight again to try and get them to at least 350.

Kane Williamson has 30 Test wickets and 73 International wickets but I've never seen him bowl either (because he chucks it).

If Williamson chucks it then so do a lot of other spinners.

The main reason Williamson doesn't bowl much now is he's so injury prone that we can't afford to risk him getting injured bowling

I wonder if the decision from Pakistan to play three frontline spinners plus Salman is the right one. Feel like one extra pace bowler may have been handy.

The English pace bowlers have done more damage and looked more dangerous than their spinners have since the first session.

Pakistan might regret going so spin heavy for this test, they only have one pace bowler in Aamer Jamal in their bowling line up.

The English pace bowlers have done more damage and looked more dangerous than their spinners have since the first session.

Pakistan might regret going so spin heavy for this test, they only have one pace bowler in Aamer Jamal in their bowling line up.
It’s the same pitch as last time. It’ll break down quicker now. Reckon last innings will be short

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Test Pakistan v England (3 Test Matches)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back