experience on Stan Sport to showcase Paris 2024. In a first for Olympic
coverage in Australia, all 329 events at Paris 2024 will be available ad-free,
live and on demand on Stan Sport with the biggest moments in
4K Ultra HD.

In a world first, eight live and exclusive international channels will also be
available on Stan Sport,
making the Olympics accessible to more audiences and
communities in Australia than ever before. This includes tailored and curated
official live Paris 2024 coverage from the UK, France, Spain, Italy, Germany and
Greece in their native languages from Eurosport, plus live coverage from Sky
New Zealand and Viacom18’s official Indian coverage in English. This unique
offering will, for the first time, provide communities with a comprehensive and
culturally relevant Olympics viewing experience, only available on Stan Sport.

Viewers will have the choice between the largest range of Olympics coverage,
including more than 40 individual sport channels, four exclusive feature
channels crossing between the best action and an exclusive 24/7 Olympic
News channel.

This extensive range of channels will be complemented by the most
comprehensive on demand offering including replays, highlights and exclusive
minis on Stan Sport ensuring Australians won’t miss a minute of the action

They will have different shows and commentators - page 24 says

Viewers can also watch Stan Sport’s two exclusive daily shows, Olympics
Daily and Paris Preview available throughout the Games. The shows will
be hosted by the experienced Tara Rushton and Adam Peacock, with
Michael Atkinson and Chris Stubbs reporting from on the ground in Paris.

A world class lineup of some of Australia’s most trusted Olympic voices
will also provide expert opinion and analysis each day including Ash Barty
(tennis), Jamie Dwyer (hockey), Grant Hackett and Steph Rice (swimming),
Shane Heal (basketball), Nick Green (rowing) Michael Hooper (rugby
sevens), Elise Kellond-Knight (football), Stuart O’Grady (cycling) Nova
Peris (athletics & hockey), John Steffensen (athletics) and more.

Subscribers can expect a premium, elevated and distinct viewing
experience, with Stan Sport’s user interface completely enhanced for
Paris 2024 to help navigate thousands of hours of live and on demand
action.

Learn more at: https://www.stan.com.au/olympics2024

https://help.stan.com.au/hc/en-us/articles/115005777028-Stan-subscription-plans

1721794139934.png

Last edited:
ABC's Radio and Website Coverage

Under a sub-licensing agreement struck between the ABC and rights holder Nine, the national broadcaster will broadcast the Games across its regional radio network, as well as ABC Adelaide, ABC Darwin, ABC Hobart and ABC Canberra.

Just days after revealing a partnership with Nine for Paris Olympics coverage, ABC Radio has revealed Bruce McAvaney will be a member of its commentary team.

The recently announced ABC deal with Nine means live coverage of Olympic events can be broadcast to metro areas of Adelaide, Hobart, Canberra, Darwin and the Gold Coast. Also regional markets around Australia. The stations and markets involved are 891 ABC Adelaide, 105.7 ABC Darwin, 936 ABC Hobart, 666 ABC Canberra and DAB+ channels in those markets, as well as local ABC radio stations across regional, rural and remote Australia. Commercial terms relating to the sub-licensing deal have not been revealed. The deal came sometime after there was speculation earlier this year that Nine had decided not to partner with ABC Radio.

The ABC deal to secure McAvaney comes just 11 days before the start of the 2024 Summer Olympics. It sees McAvaney continue his relationship with the world’s biggest sporting event for a 40th year after first being involved working for Network 10 on Los Angeles in 1984.

The ABC has also revealed key members of its Paris 2024 commentary team working alongside McAvaney. ABC broadcasters Quentin Hull, Corbin Midlemas, Clint Wheeldon, Ben Cameron, Ned Hall, Declan Byrne, Lauren Bordin and Robin Chipperfield will be heard by ABC Radio listeners in some markets.

Former Olympians providing analysis for ABC Radio are Melinda Gainsford-Taylor (athletics), Sarah Ryan (swimming), Simon Orchard (hockey), and Brad McGee (cycling). Also joining the coverage are former Davis Cup player John Alexander and Matilda Amy Harrison.

Building the ABC team and guiding the Paris 2024 coverage are ABC head of capital city radio network and sport Mike Fitzpatrick and content director of ABC Sport Tim Verrall.

Head of ABC audio content Ben Latimer told Mediaweek the coverage will see the ABC commentators working from the dedicated Nine Radio Olympic Games studio in Sydney. The live coverage can be heard from 6.30pm AET until the final event each day of the Games.

Roy & HG say ‘Cheese’

The ABC also announced today the return of Roy & HG to the Olympic stage.

The duo will be on air daily Monday to Friday across the Olympic fortnight with a Paris 2024 show – Roy & HG: People, Medals and Cheese. The hour-long program can be heard daily at 11am across ABC Radio, then at 2pm on RN and as a podcast on ABC Listen

Other ABC coverage
  • ABC Radio Adelaide Breakfast with Sonya Feldhoff and Jules Schiller: Broadcasting Monday to Friday from 5.30am on ABC Radio and ABC listen. Adelaide’s leading AM breakfast show will also broadcast live from Paris during the Games. [Part of their daily show will go nationwide]
  • ABC SPORT Daily: A daily sports conversation diving into the biggest Olympic stories on ABC listen.
  • ABC TV and ABC iview: Featuring a selection of sports content celebrating iconic athletes and moments, including Freeman, Rose Gold, and Australia’s Open.
  • Play School’s Let The Games Begin: Starting Monday, 29 July at 9am on ABC Kids. Hosted by comedian Tanya Hennessy, this show encourages children to participate in various sports activities.
  • ABC SPORT: Providing regular updates on the Games’ significant moments across social platforms, including a dedicated Instagram channel for Paris.

Last edited:
9 Radio's Coverage in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Perth.

Nine’s premium audio assets –2GB, 3AW, 4BC and 6PR – will cover the Olympics
like no other audio network has ever done before, with a three-fold approach into
how Australians consume Paris 2024.

RADIO
With more than 150 hours of live Olympic coverage, no matter where listeners
are they will receive premium coverage on linear, digital streaming or podcasts.
Featuring outside broadcasts from Paris, exclusive live audio coverage of events,
special Olympic editions of Wide World of Sports radio and a raft of podcasts,
Australia’s leading talk network will tap into listeners’ love of talking about the
Olympics and sharing their joy.

Daily coverage will start at 6.00pm AEST with a national edition of Wide World
of Sports that will flow into non-stop live coverage from 7.00pm right through the
night until the beginning of the Breakfast shows at 5.30am.

With live commentary of the Opening and Closing Ceremonies, and blockbuster
sports swimming and athletics helmed by lead commentator Ray Hadley,
listeners will be guided through Paris 2024 with audio’s most comprehensive
Olympic coverage ever undertaken by an Australian network.

Commentating at his seventh Olympic Games, Hadley will be joined at Paris
sporting venues by two-time Olympian and President of Athletics Australia
Jane Flemming, three time Olympic gold medalist swimmer Libby Trickett and
Matthew Hill.

Their commentary will continue through to 5.30am AEST when the Breakfast
shows begin. Broadcasting live from Paris will be 2GB’s Ben Fordham and 3AW’s
Ross & Russ, covering the swimming and athletics finals. It will be fast-paced and
vibrant radio, as both shows cross between coverage of local issues in Australia
and every aspect of the Olympic Games.

Radio reporters in Paris will include 3AW’s award-winning journalist Shane
McInnes. There will be hourly Olympic updates and medal tallies, and the
on-ground coverage will be complemented by a team of hosts and
commentators broadcasting across numerous sports from an interactive
Olympics studio in Sydney, which will be the Australian HQ for all Paris
2024 audio

9Podcasts

9Podcasts will play an integral role in making Paris 2024 the most
comprehensive and unique audio offering of any Games broadcast in Australia.
With a daily podcast voiced by Shane McInnes, listeners will be kept up-to-date
with all the Olympic news, intrigue and the biggest topics of the day.

The daily podcast will sit alongside the inspirational series The Road To Paris
– which launched in March – a 16-part podcast series hosted by Wide World of
Sports swimming commentator Mathew Thompson. The series is a fly-on-thewall
candid conversation with some of Australia’s greatest Olympians and
Paralympians including Anna Meares, Kieren Perkins, Ellie Cole, Curtis
McGrath, Andrew Gaze and Ariarne Titmus.

Last edited:

Is Stan still doing the 30 day free trial?
I can’t find any mention of it on their website so I’m guessing the answer is no.

EDIT: never mind. it’s definitely gone.
I thought it was too good to be true. oh well, still worth it for an ad free experience I suppose.

Last edited:
Is Stan still doing the 30 day free trial?
I can’t find any mention of it on their website so I’m guessing the answer is no.

EDIT: never mind. it’s definitely gone.
I thought it was too good to be true. oh well, still worth it for an ad free experience I suppose.
When I looked at it a few weeks ago I worked out you had to have a paid subscription to add Sport, so I didnt bother with the 1 month free trial to watch movies, and tv shows.

So I waited until Tuesday to subscribe.

I dont think 9 are sending all their swimming commentators to Paris.

Was flicking and just finished watching the last 10 minutes of the NRL's Women's game between Newcastle and Sydney and Mat Thompson was calling the game. He wont get to Paris in time for Saturday morning heats. He must be calling the races off a TV screen in the 9 studios in Sydney.

Whateley flies out tomorrow for the athletics starting next Thursday and said he will join Tamsyn Manou, Dave Culbert and Steve Hooker in Paris.

9 obviously think they needed Thompson to stay and call the NRL, so he can call swimming from a TV screen. Surely Giaan or Cate Campbell will be doing the pool deck interviews. Thorpey would be pissed off if he doesnt a fee trip to gay Paree and is stuck in a studio commentary box in Sydney.

Hard to believe how absolute rubbish the 9Now app is. Get up this to watch all the swimming races off the app - and they're not up on the app. Ridiculous.

Hard to believe how absolute rubbish the 9Now app is. Get up this to watch all the swimming races off the app - and they're not up on the app. Ridiculous.
Could be an operator error

Screenshot_20240728_063242_9Now.jpg

9Now is great for watching live events. You get uninterrupted coverage from the world feed without the Aussie centric commentary.

Trying to watch replays is a dogs breakfast. Full replays either aren’t available or take too long to get put up and sorting through it is cumbersome.

I’m gonna sign up for Stan today and see how it goes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What I want to be able to do is to get up at 6.30am and then have all the swimming final replays up on the app, then spend half an hour or so before work watching. Impose my own media blackput until I've seen them. For Nine to load the replay within 5 minutes of the race finishing surely couldn't be hard, could it?

Reckon I wouldn't be on my Pat Malone in asking this, would I?

Last edited:
Karl and Sarah are shades of the awful ch 10 hosting back in LA 1984. They were useless.

After week 1, Bruce started on the athletics and showed them all up as a joke who knew nothing.

Mudoch owned Ch 10 back then and doubled his pay and extended his contract.as soon as the ganes ended.

A European Olympics time zone is exposing in large numbers, to just how stupid breakfast TV hosts are, to people who normally dont watch TV in the the early morning.

Got Stan on Tuesday. Was a bit sceptical about but thought what the heck its the cost of a couple of pizzas for the month given I brought the $21 base package to get 4K and to use extra devices as well as $15 for the sports package.

Had issues on Thursday flicking between channels, and some steaming issues, yesterday and last night watching live was great and the plenty of replays are available today.

I don't have a 4k HD screen but the quality of the picture is so much better than 9Now.

Whoever’s hosting right now just said while all the focus is on swimming she loves that our first medal was in diving …. Huh ??

What’s actually struck me about the last 2 female hosts on is they actually don’t know anything like clearly have done no research .. the first one with Alcott kept looking down and checking her notes when listing off things like relay swimmers

As if you haven’t done the work and can’t reel that off

The bloke calling the swimming on Nine is about as accurate as BT is when declaring a goal or a behind
At least he is not "Good start by the Australian" Basil Zempilas

NineNow is free and works as good as the 7 one did for Tokyo. It is fine

Coverage has some flaws, but I enjoyed being updated on other sports while I was on the main channel. There wasn't too much filler/family stuff that can occur on the main channels.

It wouldn't be an Olympics or Comm Games without Liz Chetkovich calling the gymnastics.

I reckon she goes back to 1996 maybe 1992 calling gymnastics on Oz TV. She worked in the WAIS gymnastics program for 20 years or more and then the WACA.

She is a hard task marker, calls faults straight away, praises worthy efforts and isn't jingoistic when an Aussie performs well. Her side kick Steve Robilliard has been with her for 3 or 4 Olympics now, and knows when to stay quiet around Liz and not to get carried away.

They must be on the IOC feed as they aren't listed as part of the 9 team I posted their press release on the last post of page 1.

Remove this Banner Ad

Summer Paris Olympics - Broadcast discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back