List Mgmt. Part 3- And on it goes: The trade and draft megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had one to many drinks with my mate working at WC last night, again am only passing on what I heard, take it as a grain of salt. He says there are 3 players that WC rate that have a small chance of being avaliable at thier picks. If they don't slide or an Elite talent doesn't slide they will go more mature age. They believe they have enough youth and want some bigger bodies that can come in and play thier role. They rate Cameron very highly so doubts Hill will get picked if avaliable.

That sounds like Pickett.

Or Bolton?

Can see us going youth with 20 and mature with 22 then Cameron.

So a O'Hallaren / Valente / Jones / Taylor with 20 and then a Pickett / Bolton.

That pick swap with Gold Coast certainly added three more early draft kids we normally wouldn't have picked up.

Landing Pickett would almost guarantee Kelly next season.

Had one to many drinks with my mate working at WC last night, again am only passing on what I heard, take it as a grain of salt. He says there are 3 players that WC rate that have a small chance of being avaliable at thier picks. If they don't slide or an Elite talent doesn't slide they will go more mature age. They believe they have enough youth and want some bigger bodies that can come in and play thier role. They rate Cameron very highly so doubts Hill will get picked if avaliable.

Watching Hills' 2017 and 2018 vision he just looks so small out there and thats against kids not men.

Hope Freo pick him at 15.

Or Bolton?

That pick swap with Gold Coast certainly added three more early draft kids we normally wouldn't have picked up.

Pickett wasnt on our list this year tho and kelly chose only to deal with us?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Or Bolton?

Yea I'm thinking the same. Just saw 5 clubs have spoken to Bolton. I wonder if we were one.
Watching Hills' 2017 and 2018 vision he just looks so small out there and thats against kids not men.

Hope Freo pick him at 15.
That's what I thought. Looks so tiny. Would be years away from playing. At pick 40plus I could understand. But not that high.

And the other difference was disposal. It was his role to flour bag every helicopter cop or handball to players feet.

It's the year 2050.
The grandkids roll their eyes as Grandpa embarks on another spittle flecked rant about how Matt Priddis single-handedly prevented the Eagles from winning a premiership for 11 whole years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's the year 2050.
The grandkids roll their eyes as Grandpa embarks on another spittle flecked rant about how Matt Priddis single-handedly prevented the Eagles from winning a premiership for 11 whole years.
Priddis was a double edged sword;lets just leave it at that!

Rioli is about 80 kegs though and is reasonably stocky. Hill looks like he may never put on enough weight to be effective
If Hill is genuinely 76kg that is pretty damn close to the ideal playing weight for a 175cm player (Dayne Zorko is listed at 175cm and 76kg and he looks like a stocky little campaigner). It also makes him heavier than a number of taller draftees that are pretty highly rated like Butters (70kg), Rozee (71kg) and even Walsh (74kg). Hill's weight is the new McGovern's height.

If Hill is genuinely 76kg that is pretty damn close to the ideal playing weight for a 175cm player (Dayne Zorko is listed at 175cm and 76kg and he looks like a stocky little campaigner). It also makes him heavier than a number of taller draftees that are pretty highly rated like Butters (70kg), Rozee (71kg) and even Walsh (74kg). Hill's weight is the new McGovern's height.
I think 76 is a typo. WAFL listed him last year at 66. He weighed 64 at the combine according to the AFL site.

Liam Ryan is listed as 72kg and he doesn't seem to struggle with the contest
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

If they're looking for elite talent that slides it kind of makes me think they're more on the lookout for a RCD/Stocker/Butters as by all reports it seems it's generally expected O'Halloran/Valente should be available at 20.

Be pretty stoked with either/both of those two and/or one of the mature agers you mentioned to be honest, not quite as high on Jones and Taylor.

Or Bolton?

Reckon Geelong might be eyeing off either Adelaide’s or Brisbane’s pick before ours to nab Pickett if we’re potentially looking at him that early. Would be the first step in them trying to keep Kelly.

Was expecting something like this to come out ..Stops the noise getting too loud ..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Reckon Geelong might be eyeing off either Adelaide’s or Brisbane’s pick before ours to nab Pickett if we’re potentially looking at him that early. Would be the first step in them trying to keep Kelly.

Basing your drafting and list strategy around going early on a 26 yr old simply to try and retain another player sounds like crazy talk to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back