Certified Legendary Thread Patrick Cripps and Ah Chee

Remove this Banner Ad

Chief thanks for editing my OP, real professional behaviour

He edited that? What was there before? 4 weeks and media trying to get him off to suit the Carlton narrative? Wasn't exactly a balanced OP befitting discussion, and you're questioning Chief's behaviour?

All reportable events end up getting discussed around here, but any chimpanzee with a crayon can race to be the first one to start the thread. Sometimes they have to be cleaned up so that everyone else can contribute on an even footing.

It was actually Patrick Cripps. Friendly fire.
Was it?
I went searching for the incident.. watched about 3 minutes of footage and couldn’t find it. My vague recollection is that Kennedy was trying to pick up the ball.
Well then!
Cripps should be suspended for concussing his teammate. 2 weeks seems about right.

Was it?
I went searching for the incident.. watched about 3 minutes of footage and couldn’t find it. My vague recollection is that Kennedy was trying to pick up the ball.
Well then!
Cripps should be suspended for concussing his teammate. 2 weeks seems about right.

I think we should appeal it.

if you wanted context why not edit in the video of the incident instead of the one photo all the carlton supporters point at and make the soy face trying to paint their boy as a saint who did no wrong
Just a minute or two ago I started looking for it to add it in.

Does that imply it could still be a Carlton supporter than isn't a member?

Not that it’s important, but his profile picture was a picture of Cripps, so likely just a supporter.

if you wanted context why not edit in the video of the incident instead of the one photo all the carlton supporters point at and make the soy face trying to paint their boy as a saint who did no wrong

The video was quick and hard to see what happened. The photos are genuine and clearly show what people keep saying didn't happen i.e Cripps was contesting the ball.

Surely, you don't object to actual facts do you?

The video was quick and hard to see what happened. The photos are genuine and clearly show what people keep saying didn't happen i.e Cripps was contesting the ball.

Surely, you don't object to actual facts do you?
yep just the one photo where you can make the weak argument he was purely playing the ball without laughing and not the ones immediatly afterwards where hes turned and tucked the shoulder in :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair enough. I still stand by the idea that the Blues could show support for Ah Chee fairly easily here.

Nice of you to defend your club first than looking at the intent of my post, which was to display that racist crap is not ok.

Just proves my point that tribalistic bullshit shouldn't be more important that things like this.

I feel it would be useful for Carlton to also come out in support of Ah Chee. In danger of inflaming this thread further I'd be surprised if it wasn't at least some Blues supporters who had a crack at Ah Chee. I'm as petty and tribal as they come when it comes to footy but this is just stupid that people had a crack at Ah Chee and clubs have the ability to stand up to this.
Did you support Saad as well?

The method that Cripps chose to contest that loose ball was to leave the ground. This was his undoing. Once that decision is made, safety for the opposing player is mitigated. I know AFL is a fast game but Cripps had options. He could have tackled Ah Chee front on. He did not have to leave the ground (particularly when he was the one without the ball).
I am sure players are injured in tackles, but do they have the potential to cause injury as harmful and as often as a bump? The bump is legal, but once you choose to do it, and it results in contact to the head of an opposition player, then you should be suspended - particularly if that player is concussed. For me, it's all pretty simple. Go as hard as you want in a contest, but the moment you choose to bump instead of tackle, you run the risk of being suspended if you make contact with the head. If you are contesting a loose ball instead of a marking contest, then you absolutely should be suspended when your contact results in concussion to the opposition player. (Regardless if you want to call it a bump, brace or whatever).
Ah Chee had options too. One of those choices was to leave the ground to contest the loose ball, which he did.
You're again basing all of this on the assumption that he CHOSE TO BUMP.

yep just the one photo where you can make the weak argument he was purely playing the ball without laughing and not the ones immediatly afterwards where hes turned and tucked the shoulder in :thumbsu:

All angles show he had his arms out contesting the ball and had his eyes on the ball. Ever tried to catch a ball on your chest with your shoulder or arm hanging out? You have to tuck it in to the side to execute it.

Fair enough. I still stand by the idea that the Blues could show support for Ah Chee fairly easily here.

Nice of you to defend your club first than looking at the intent of my post, which was to display that racist crap is not ok.

Just proves my point that tribalistic bullshit shouldn't be more important that things like this.
Most people understand and support your post mate.

And Cripps “contests the ball” with his hip to an opponent’s head.

Are you arguing about the laws of the game/s, or individual players putting others at risk?
Hip to the head now? I know some people have been struggling to piece together the actual vision in their heads, but this is a new one.
Give it a ****ing spell. You've got 50% more posts than anyone else in this thread and you can't even get the basics of the incident right.

I've watched it more than a dozen times now, should have been a fine with points loading for careless contact and left at that. Couldnt see any intent from the available camera angles and Im not going to read back through 67 pages of conspiracy theories. Not a good outcome for Ah-chee having to miss a game though & hopefully no long term adverse effects from the bump.
It really is that simple. I said a fine would've been...fine, so to speak, and I doubt there would've been anywhere near as much vitriol and rubbish from oppo supporters. Unfortunately, the AFL's very narrow grading guidelines didn't allow this to be graded as such, so it was always going to be 2 weeks under the available grading, then a fight from there.

If we can establish that a Carlton supporter made the comments, then we absolutely come out and make a statement. Until then, we are just the club who happened to be playing against Ah Chee's team when the comment was made. I mean, there can be some overkill on that score. 18 clubs can come out in support of Ah Chee as a collective, and do so every fortnight when another of these incidents occur. I think it's important that we establish who the person is and then make a statement. I assume they are still waiting to see on that score.

When Saad was villified just 2 weeks earlier, Carlton made a statement and Adelaide made a statement as the person was identified at the ground. I'm not sure that every other team came out and made a statement because it was unnecessary.

This being a social media comment makes it a little trickier perhaps.

Was not a Carlton Member, doesnt say it wasnt a Carlton Fan!
giphy.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back