Patrick Dangerfield 'dangerous tackle' - gone or safe?

Remove this Banner Ad

1 week. Arms pinned, head hits the ground.
Lucky Walsh wasn't concussed otherwise it would be 2 at least.
7 weeks out and takes less than 30 seconds for him to get rubbed out for another 1. Hilarious

Has Chris Scott in his press conference told us yet that he didn’t see it?

There was no secondary motion by Dangerfield to sling shot his head into the ground.

I reckon Walsh exasperated the action and nearly KOd himself by trying to draw the free kick.

He landed on the ball which cannoned his head forward at a great rate of knots. I dislike this sort of contention so much.

Where Dangerfield is in trouble is that he pinned both arms, and dropped his weight to the ground to accelerate the fall.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But weird, he didn't exactly drive him forward, walsh made a bit of a meal of it

Walsh did nothing of the sort. His body landed on the ball. If you know anything about momentum, you'd retract this.

Danger didn't drive Walsh forward and Walsh didn't play for a free. Walsh's knees stuck in the turf and momentum carried him into the ground. It should be considered a good tackle with an unfortunate consequence but I expect the MRP to give Danger two weeks. Given the focus on head trauma I'm not sure how you avoid that incident short of letting the player go.

I don't actually think he should be suspended for this. He held both arms and I understand that but surely you can do that so long as you're not slinging?

It's no shot on Walsh and I may be completely wrong but to me at the time, it appeared that he exaggerated the contact and almost headbutted the ground.

Pinned both arms and drove his head into the ground. Has to be at least a week. Was comical when Jordan Lewis and Bucks said Dangerfield tried to hold him up, what garbage.

“It’s important when you’re in a vulnerable position as a player, you’ve got a responsibility to treat players with care,” the Brownlow medallist said on Wednesday.

“And I think if he had his time again, I’d like to think he’d do something different.”

Patrick Dangerfield

Remove this Banner Ad

Back