Traded Patrick Dangerfield [traded w/ pick 50 to Geelong for 9, 28 and Gore]

Remove this Banner Ad

Should they? They've got Murphy, Gibbs, Kreuzer, Thomas as experienced players. They'd get immediate improvement but would be filling up their salary cap and costing themselves a shot at Weitering who could be the backbone tall to go with Cripps.

I think they'd have to pass. Then the pressure would turn on to the QLD clubs.

Proven superstar of teh comp... hell yeah. They are hardly a shinning light in trying to draft superstars with pick 1 in the past. If not the Blues then 7 clubs after them

and why would the Cats go just put him in the draft and we will see if he slides to pick 9...instead of just giving up pick 9

1. Dangerfield has walked out on the adelaide.
2. Crows dont have any geelong picks for him, come back to me when this occurs.
For those that are wondering what Mahelpi won't respond to:

I suggested it was off for him to have a players partner as an avatar.

He suggested isn't it about time I changed my avatar? My avatar has our current captain and deceased coach as a sign of respect. Now he wouldn't be suggesting I change my avatar due to Tex, he's referring to Walshy.

I think we all know what quality of person @Mahelpi is.

Proven superstar of teh comp... hell yeah. They are hardly a shinning light in trying to draft superstars with pick 1 in the past. If not the Blues then 7 clubs after them

and why would the Cats go just put him in the draft and we will see if he slides to pick 9...instead of just giving up pick 9
It's just positioning/negotiation. Danger saying you better let me go or I'll be in the draft.

The 2 most likely circumstances are either a trade for a good deal or a Veale deal that let's Danger be a FA. The 3rd most likely situation is that the AFL increase the compo just to make it all work. Gifting the people of Geel and Adelaide a happy outcome is good for the AFL's relationship with the ALP.

In to the draft is the least likely situation and would be a shame for everyone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If this Kid walks out on the club, a club that has always tried to do the right thing by him (Like how he spent his entire first year in victora to finish his schooling) and doesnt allow a fair trade with the cats then **** him, he can go into the draft.

Let him rot at carlton or melbourne for the rest of his career while they go through their rebuild.

Cant see Dangerfield entering the draft so Adelaide get nothing in return. Doesnt seem that type of player.

Now clubs can trade future picks. The AFL should be able to compensate with future picks.

1st band comp for 2015 and 2016 would be adequate compensation for him.

I feel this is really going to stalemate just about every other trade this year. Fair enough with Adelaide matching to get a better deal than just pick 14 this year for him.

Danger's gone and Crows won't match IMO, they'll just take pick 14 in the draft and move on.

As supporters we're angry and want more but them's the rules and that's what you get. Hawthorn got pick 19 for Buddy so we are 5 picks better than them, albeit in a weaker draft.

Now start looking who we might draft with picks 13 and 14, that'll ease the pain - NOT!

If this Kid walks out on the club, a club that has always tried to do the right thing by him (Like how he spent his entire first year in victora to finish his schooling) and doesnt allow a fair trade with the cats then **** him, he can go into the draft.

Let him rot at carlton or melbourne for the rest of his career while they go through their rebuild.

What were they meant to do? Adelaide were not doing him a favour by "letting him stay in school". The club knew exactly what they were doing and if Adelaide didn't pick him, somebody else would have. It was a known situation that he would have to spend his first year interstate finishing school, same as Dan Hannebery at Sydney.

There are a lot of things Adelaide supporters can be upset about, but "Dangerfield leaving us after we let him finish year 12" is not one of them.

Danger's gone and Crows won't match IMO, they'll just take pick 14 in the draft and move on.

As supporters we're angry and want more but them's the rules and that's what you get. Hawthorn got pick 19 for Buddy so we are 5 picks better than them, albeit in a weaker draft.

Now start looking who we might draft with picks 13 and 14, that'll ease the pain - NOT!
Hawthorn got much needed cap relief and the ability to sign Frawley a year later as well. Can Adelaide land a free agent next year to cover Dangerfield?

Hawthorn couldn't risk matching a 9 year deal either and GWS had the first pick in the draft so if it had even been considered to sign and trade Franklin to the Swans the Hawks might have lost leverage there if Buddy was happy to end up at GWS if things went sideways.

You can only play by the rules available at the time. So if the best compo on offer is pick 14 then you have to match the offer and force the trade for at least pick 9.

What were they meant to do? Adelaide were not doing him a favour by "letting him stay in school". The club knew exactly what they were doing and if Adelaide didn't pick him, somebody else would have. It was a known situation that he would have to spend his first year interstate finishing school, same as Dan Hannebery at Sydney.

There are a lot of things Adelaide supporters can be upset about, but "Dangerfield leaving us after we let him finish year 12" is not one of them.

No, He nominated for the draft knowing that being drafted interstate was a distinct possibility, we didnt have to let him do that. Adelaide has plenty of highschools. I'm not saying this is a reason to stay, I'm saying its the club doing right by him - something that if he says FA to Cats or I'm going through the draft, he'll have thrown in our face. I've got no problem with him leaving, as long as we're fairly compensated for it.

And it matters since you now become a free agent after 8 years on a list, of which he sat out almost one full year.

Petraccra burning Dangerfield on instagram. How embarrassing

12011366_1089475047737859_7038315509025964830_n.jpg

Its out of Danger's control anyway. If the Crows match then Geelong will have to offer a trade. He's hardly going to say "no, don't trade Cats, I'll go to the draft and sweat it out to pick 9"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back