Pay Attention! Dream Team & Supercoach Questions Here!

Remove this Banner Ad

Am I crazy to be picking Brennan? Do you guys think he is on the improve and destined for more midfield time?

Don't think you'll be alone. At the very least he should keep his value. All indicators are he'll spend more time in the centre, but really none of us know what Voss has planned for him.

How many games are Brisbane fans estimating that Rich will play?

If he doesn't get injured, he will play every week. Whether it is in the 1s or 2s though is a little tougher.

My guess is that he will play the following rounds in the 1s - Rounds 1, 2, 3, 6, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 17, 21 and 22.

In round 6, Saturn is mixing up the vibe from Mars which will suggest Rich will get 21 touches, 4 marks, 7 clearances and get suspended for 1 week due to a report of charging 8 minutes into the 3rd quarter.

If he doesn't get injured, he will play every week. Whether it is in the 1s or 2s though is a little tougher.

My guess is that he will play the following rounds in the 1s - Rounds 1, 2, 3, 6, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 17, 21 and 22.

In round 6, Saturn is mixing up the vibe from Mars which will suggest Rich will get 21 touches, 4 marks, 7 clearances and get suspended for 1 week due to a report of charging 8 minutes into the 3rd quarter.
I have heard that he will only play games in rounds which are prime numbers. I anticipate that he will get 3 Brownlow votes in round 97.

2i6jtc2.jpg

In all seriousness, it's so hard to tell. We'd be basing our guesses on one PS game. If you held a gun to my head, I'd pee my pants. If you kept it there and asked me to answer the question I'd say around 12-16 games. If you still didn't lower the gun I'd assume it wasn't loaded.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What are your thoughts on Troy Selwood? Averaged quite well two years ago but I am not sure if he was either injured or out of favour with Mathews? Is he likely to be in your side this year consistantly? Hows he gone so far this pre-season?

If Selwood plays, I can't see him in any othe role than as a tagger. Showed on Sat night that he can win some ball though and whilst his disposal lets him down, it is actually quite accurate (his disposal efficiency isn't bad - it is more the "roadblock" effect he has on ball movement).

Prefer others.

What are your thoughts on Troy Selwood? Averaged quite well two years ago but I am not sure if he was either injured or out of favour with Mathews? Is he likely to be in your side this year consistantly? Hows he gone so far this pre-season?
He has gone very well in the preseason and would be in the round 1 side atm I believe. The problem with Selwood is because his disposal is below average he is really best suited for a tagging role which is generally a DT no-no. The fact that he has also seemed to have lost a yard or two of pace has hurt his tagging ability and seen him become a fringe 22 player. I didn't notice him tagging in game 1 and it was a bit hard to judge pace in the conditions so I think it will be a good idea to keep an eye on his role and pace next time out. Bear in mind that there are now a few guys banging down the door for selection and Selwood is one in the spotlight. For all of those reasons he is not someone that I am considering.

He has gone very well in the preseason and would be in the round 1 side atm I believe. The problem with Selwood is because his disposal is below average he is really best suited for a tagging role which is generally a DT no-no. The fact that he has also seemed to have lost a yard or two of pace has hurt his tagging ability and seen him become a fringe 22 player. I didn't notice him tagging in game 1 and it was a bit hard to judge pace in the conditions so I think it will be a good idea to keep an eye on his role and pace next time out. Bear in mind that there are now a few guys banging down the door for selection and Selwood is one in the spotlight. For all of those reasons he is not someone that I am considering.

Thanks for that, appreciate it!

I have the following brisbane players in my SC team.

The Drum Show- Is very injury prone, but you guys reckon he looks fit this year, plus i can't resist his potential to get 200 in a game

Adcock- Good value at 400,000, worth punting on him to reach the heights of 07 IMO, do i recall him getting a few early injuries last year?

Tom collier- Have heard some mail he could have a bit of a break out year...

Rich- Should be a good cash earner, I would have loved this bloke at carlton, very hodge like IMO.

Any thoughts??

I have the following brisbane players in my SC team.

The Drum Show- Is very injury prone, but you guys reckon he looks fit this year, plus i can't resist his potential to get 200 in a game

Adcock- Good value at 400,000, worth punting on him to reach the heights of 07 IMO, do i recall him getting a few early injuries last year?

Tom collier- Have heard some mail he could have a bit of a break out year...

Rich- Should be a good cash earner, I would have loved this bloke at carlton, very hodge like IMO.

Any thoughts??
Most lions supporters will be considering each of these guys you have presented. Personally I have gone with Drummond and Rich.

TBH I have yet to see a team that doesn't include Rich in it. High pressure on the young bloke, but with 90% of people taking him it makes it a very low risk.

Collier is one that I would recommend. I wanted him in my side, but I have a limit of 1 lion per category. I think he'll be a great SC prospect especially as a cash cow.

Please read the OP before posting.

POBT said:
Please be warned though - your question won't be answered if it has already been asked, if it is stupid (ie how many games will Clark play?) or if you are rude/demanding.

Polkinghorne is hard to predict. Last year he struggled at the top level, but he has bulked up considerably over the preseason, and did some classy things against the Saints. Most people wouldn't have him in the starting 22, but he could be a bolter.

Adcock is sure to average 90+. He was played out of position last year and with the new Coach, Voss, he is likely to resume his running role off halfback where he did so well in 2007. He has had a stellar preseason and his NAB cup score didn't do him justice as he picked up many marks in the back half which dont get paid under NAB rules. He has commented that he needs to pick up this year so his mind is in the right place.

That's all bullshit I just wrote, but is it convincing enough. If you want to be convinced not to get him... I can write up something else.

Anyway, thats my long way of telling you not to try and convince/be convinced to get someone. If you are that unsure, then dont pick the player, or at least wait until the end of preseason.

Remove this Banner Ad

Pay Attention! Dream Team & Supercoach Questions Here!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back