Pay Attention! Dream Team & Supercoach Questions Here!

Remove this Banner Ad

OK, I have read the entire thread, and had a gander at the Roster watch, and am still perplexed. I have a very high opinion of Mitch Clark, but it seems an outsider is not the only one who is buggered to know where he fits in your best 22. Bookends Merrett and Bradshaw (an absolute bargain in 2008 DT & SC) seem locked in, with Brown and Roe seeming to be favoured for the other KP's. Charnan and 'Berger seem to fit in as the 2 rucks. Many of your own posters suggest he is NOT a 3rd ruck, possibly a 3rd tall fwd or back, but do you really think in the modern game where the defensive pressure from forwards is becoming more important you can play 3 big forwards? I really do like Mitch, but see him being a good player in the wrong team. Why didn't you let him come to us ?..:>) 300k is a tad high for a bencher, but I get a gut feeling about this guy. Any more clues?

Clark will definately play. He is a big part of the next generation and the Lions want to get games into him. The question with him has been up to now about whether his body will hold up. Big risk there if you were looking for a keeper but if you can get 6 or 7 games out of him he should make you money and allow for an upgrade.

About where he will play he has said himself that he might be moved around a bit between the forward, back and rucks depending on need and match ups. This is not such a bad thing and provided he is out and moving about the park I think he will score okay. I expect him to start as the third forward come round 1 unless one of Charman or Leuenberger is unavailable. In those circumstances he will play back up ruck I think.

A lot of teams are going with a three tall forward line. If you have em it is pretty standard nower days. Clark would provide a very nice marking target a kick and a half from goal which would allow the Lions to bust the zones that everyone seems to be going to play.

During the offseason list review, Voss has said the match committee was trying to work out whether Mitch Clark is a CHB or 3rd tall forward. He mentioned nothing about ruck - presumably he's got Charman and Leuenberger there, and the likes of McCulloch (which in a report Voss said Bart will provide back up if needed) and Tippett to provide cover.

As for the CHB or 3rd tall, Voss has tried Henderson at CHB and Clark up forward so far in the pre-season. Very much an experiment though.

And of course things usually don't pan out the way you plan them. At the start of last year, had you said Clark would on occasions be 2nd ruck behind Charman, relegating Leuenberger to the reserves, I would have raised my eyebrows.

how many games will cornelious play and is it worth getting him. also is it worth getting drummond

Too many forwards ahead of Cornelius, doubt he'll get a go.

As for Drummond, well it depends if you're a betting man. If you think he's over his injuries and will play most games, then he's worth a look.

Clark will definately play. He is a big part of the next generation and the Lions want to get games into him. The question with him has been up to now about whether his body will hold up. Big risk there if you were looking for a keeper but if you can get 6 or 7 games out of him he should make you money and allow for an upgrade.

About where he will play he has said himself that he might be moved around a bit between the forward, back and rucks depending on need and match ups. This is not such a bad thing and provided he is out and moving about the park I think he will score okay. I expect him to start as the third forward come round 1 unless one of Charman or Leuenberger is unavailable. In those circumstances he will play back up ruck I think.

A lot of teams are going with a three tall forward line. If you have em it is pretty standard nower days. Clark would provide a very nice marking target a kick and a half from goal which would allow the Lions to bust the zones that everyone seems to be going to play.

Thanks Quigley. Ist paragraph had me thinking, 6-7 games for 300K...no way. Then you suggest he is and will be a mr. fix it tall... and will score well...:thumbsu: I am still perplexed :confused: I'll take your advice I think re probably not a keeper, (unless an obvious opening like a long termer to a key tall occurrs).

thanks

Polkinghorn vs Rich?

I have James atm.

Proud if you can afford him.

Polkinghorne vs Rich is a 50:50 proposition IMO.

Polkinghorne is pressing a case for our 22, but is competing with a few others for that spot.

Rich will play senior footy, but the club have also stressed they are taking a careful approach with him and don't want to over do it.

Proud if you can afford him.

Polkinghorne vs Rich is a 50:50 proposition IMO.

Polkinghorne is pressing a case for our 22, but is competing with a few others for that spot.

Rich will play senior footy, but the club have also stressed they are taking a careful approach with him and don't want to over do it.
Cheers for that :thumbsu:
Can't afford Proud. I need a cheap rookie to be starting in my midfield.

Do you think that theres probably better available? Or do you think one of these is the way to go?

Wow.. Just read this whole thread trying to find some info abour Scott Harding and there was NOTHING!..

So Brissy boys, what do you think? See him in your best 22 for most of the year?

Cheers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow.. Just read this whole thread trying to find some info abour Scott Harding and there was NOTHING!..

So Brissy boys, what do you think? See him in your best 22 for most of the year?

Cheers.

3 weeks ago most of us probably would have said that Harding was lucky to be on our list, let alone the best 22.

However he has been pretty damn impressive in the first two NAB cup gamaes and is pressing a case for round 1. That said, his form pendulum could easily swing backwards just as quickly and he could barely see senior footy at all.

Too risky IMO. Avoid.

Otten and Petrenko I thought would be worth considering in that price range. Perhaps you can tell us on these guys. :)
No problem.
Petrenko I think has secured a spot in our round 1 team, and he's in my side. He can go up forward, down back and in the midfield.. so he's really that all rounder we have been looking for.
As for Otten, I'm not really sure if he will make it into our round 1 team because Dangerfield might be in his way. No-body really knows whats going on there, but he racked up 26 possies, 2 goals and 4 tackles in the SANFL, so hopefully Craigy plays him next week.
At the moment I would think Otten would be in our round 1 side, but you never know.

3 weeks ago most of us probably would have said that Harding was lucky to be on our list, let alone the best 22.

However he has been pretty damn impressive in the first two NAB cup gamaes and is pressing a case for round 1. That said, his form pendulum could easily swing backwards just as quickly and he could barely see senior footy at all.

Too risky IMO. Avoid.

Cheers for the info :thumbsu:

Made me swing away from him.

Just wondering, who would you guys get out of Drummond and Adcock? Drummond's been very impressive in NAB and looks to be your designated kicker through the zone but the question is can he stay on the park long enough to get points? Adcock's very undervalued IMO if he can get back the form of 07. Cheers fellas for any info

Just wondering, who would you guys get out of Drummond and Adcock? Drummond's been very impressive in NAB and looks to be your designated kicker through the zone but the question is can he stay on the park long enough to get points? Adcock's very undervalued IMO if he can get back the form of 07. Cheers fellas for any info

Drummond, if he stays on the park.

That's the gamble you have to assess.

There is some information about Tom Collier on here, but i was just wondering if, he is in your best 22, hence likely to play at the start of the season. And secondly whether he is a player likely to score well in sc? He is valued at $180k, and will go up, but is he worth getting in peoples oppinions?

There is some information about Tom Collier on here, but i was just wondering if, he is in your best 22, hence likely to play at the start of the season. And secondly whether he is a player likely to score well in sc? He is valued at $180k, and will go up, but is he worth getting in peoples oppinions?
He's in my side and I see him as the value bet on the Lions list. Big improver.

Thanks for that! In your oppinion do you think he is better value then stephen hill?
Yes. I would say the only issue with Collier is that he may be squeezed out by more established players - Roe and Notting are two who are more experienced (but not in the same form). Even then, he's got the versality to play tall defender, medium running defender as well as on ball. If there's not a spot in the Lions starting 18 for him, then he's a good option for Vossy on the bench.

Having said that, I have both Collier and Hill in my Supercoach side.

Remove this Banner Ad

Pay Attention! Dream Team & Supercoach Questions Here!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back