PC Pc Gaming/building thread

Remove this Banner Ad

AUD pricings for GFX are disgusting.

1300 for a 3070? Go fornicate yourselves with an iron bar.

I know right!!! Premium 3070s are on par with "entry" 3080s. How can you even justify that?? Like I said a page or so ago, I've seen people paying over $1400 for them from Newegg. The retailers know what they're doing. 3080 stock is exhausted so they can fleece desperate buyers who are impulsed to buy whatever they can.

I know right!!! Premium 3070s are on par with "entry" 3080s. How can you even justify that?? Like I said a page or so ago, I've seen people paying over $1400 for them from Newegg. The retailers know what they're doing. 3080 stock is exhausted so they can fleece desperate buyers who are impulsed to buy whatever they can.

I'm nursing my gtx1080 til next year, refused to get fleeced .

Ok, not going to celebrate until it's actually shipped but I followed this up with the store in question and it's sounding good. I didn't know much about Colorful before this launch but I have been seeing a few things about them recently and I actually didn't mind the odd review I started seeing
The Vulcan looks quite boring compared to their Advanced model. Does the Vulcan have a plastic or metallic shroud?

The Vulcan looks quite boring compared to their Advanced model. Does the Vulcan have a plastic or metallic shroud?

I think it's plastic. I agree the Advanced looks pretty cool and that was the one I was about to get (well try to), then the Vulcan OC popped up so I jumped at that as it's supposed to be the "top" of the stack. I'd have been honestly happy with either though and going to keep a look out for Colorful in the future. Because these lines are trying to be as convoluted as possible there is also an Advanced OC as well as Advanced, but apparently the OC is exclusive to Evatech. On paper the Vulcan OC's bios has a higher power limit and boost clock but as we've seen with GPU boost these differences are all pretty negligible. It's also supposed to be the size of a 3090 or there about. The Advanced would probably look nicer vertically mounted though.

Old mate reviews it pretty well which was reassuring

I'm nursing my gtx1080 til next year, refused to get fleeced .

Nothing wrong with that though if you're just looking to upgrade the GPU. I've only been getting antsy because I started buying parts for a new build back in about April. When it looked like I'd have to wait until next year is when I decided to get my hustle on. I was even considering getting a 3070 as a placeholder until next year but after I saw those prices there was no way I was going to do that.

Hopefully some of these 3080 refunds come back in the next few days because I need them for a new x570 mobo and hopefully 5900x CPU lol. I wonder what sort of alarms I've set off at the bank with the constant purchases and refunds of $1500-1800.

Nothing wrong with that though if you're just looking to upgrade the GPU. I've only been getting antsy because I started buying parts for a new build back in about April. When it looked like I'd have to wait until next year is when I decided to get my hustle on. I was even considering getting a 3070 as a placeholder until next year but after I saw those prices there was no way I was going to do that.

Hopefully some of these 3080 refunds come back in the next few days because I need them for a new x570 mobo and hopefully 5900x CPU lol. I wonder what sort of alarms I've set off at the bank with the constant purchases and refunds of $1500-1800.

Lol it's very hard to stay my hand.

Currently running 2700x on a X470 mobo with my GTX 1080. Planning on dropping in a new 5000 series and new GFX (3080 was my choice due to running a
ROG SWIFT PG279Q which I don't want to upgrade (love it).

Also looking at a case upgrade for a bit more air flow, Currently have an NZXT Elite s340 which looks great but front panel airflow blows. Tossing up between Meshify C or one of the new Corsair 4000D airflows.

Decisions decisions (Black friday sales might make it for me).

Currently running 2700x on a X470 mobo with my GTX 1080. Planning on dropping in a new 5000 series and new GFX (3080 was my choice due to running a

Also looking at a case upgrade for a bit more air flow, Currently have an NZXT Elite s340 which looks great but front panel airflow blows. Tossing up between Meshify C or one of the new Corsair 4000D airflows.

I love that Meshify C! I think I saw that made a slightly larger one recently but I didn't see any in stock when I was buying a case. Grabbed a h710 which Gamers Nexus said while the front panel isn't ideal it still has decent air flow through sheer brute force lol. Since I'll be front mounting the 360mm AIO rad with 4x120mm exhausts I've still got to sit down and plot out the fan speeds and rad fan curves to ensure I've got positive pressure.

Feel you about sticking with NVIDIA graphics. My second monitor is a PG279Q as well which I use for stuff that doesn't support 21:9 (main monitor is Acer X34P), and while I was happy to try and get a 6800xt if I couldn't get a 3080 but then I'd also be up for a new monitor or two.

dwwaino is a bad influence. He will make you buy things

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not with Covid delivery times.
You might get it before the RTX 4080 releases!

I've been getting stuff from overseas couriers sooner than stuff I have bought from even Melbourne sometimes!! I've got quite a few family members that work for AusPost and they reckon it's not so much the increased volume it's the scaled down staff at most sorting centres due to social distancing and stuff. Fingers crossed they start winding those rules back a bit heading into Christmas.

Anyone want to take a guess at Zen 3 launch stock?

Just going by the authority of Reddit users, one smaller store in NSW reckon stock is OK but demand will greatly outstrip supply, where as a larger store said they were already getting 200 5600x alone. Surely AMD beef up 5900x supply after the 3900x demand? Sounds like if you want one bad enough, have a few stores (big and small) open the second they go on sale you should be right.

I asked Scorpy about the x570 CH8 Dark Hero ETA and they were expecting it same day, but Asus reps online have said there is no Aus ETA. I've seen two Aus online stores with a later date but I don't trust them or their dates (one is 20/11, the other is 14/12). If I can get a 5900x day one and don't hear anything about the Dark Hero in Aus after about a week then I'll just get the regular x570 Hero. I don't really want to get it from Newegg because I don't want to deal with returns in a worst case scenario. Bad enough I got my RAM from there.

Anyone want to take a guess at Zen 3 launch stock?

Just going by the authority of Reddit users, one smaller store in NSW reckon stock is OK but demand will greatly outstrip supply, where as a larger store said they were already getting 200 5600x alone. Surely AMD beef up 5900x supply after the 3900x demand? Sounds like if you want one bad enough, have a few stores (big and small) open the second they go on sale you should be right.

I asked Scorpy about the x570 CH8 Dark Hero ETA and they were expecting it same day, but Asus reps online have said there is no Aus ETA. I've seen two Aus online stores with a later date but I don't trust them or their dates (one is 20/11, the other is 14/12). If I can get a 5900x day one and don't hear anything about the Dark Hero in Aus after about a week then I'll just get the regular x570 Hero. I don't really want to get it from Newegg because I don't want to deal with returns in a worst case scenario. Bad enough I got my RAM from there.

Newegg is good for this kind of thing usually.

My black CableMod Pro kit showed up today. Comparing to the white Premium kit I bought recently the Pro cables are certainly the much better choice if anyone can afford the difference.

Eyo have pushed back the x570 Dark Hero ETA to 30/12 and PB Tech have it as 15/12. Safe to say the Asus reps on Reddit and Twitter are correct when saying this is going to be delayed in Aus. I think I might just grab the current x570 Hero tonight while there is still stock and while I can get it for $599. Sounds like the chipset fan noise is non-issue.

My black CableMod Pro kit showed up today. Comparing to the white Premium kit I bought recently the Pro cables are certainly the much better choice if anyone can afford the difference.

Eyo have pushed back the x570 Dark Hero ETA to 30/12 and PB Tech have it as 15/12. Safe to say the Asus reps on Reddit and Twitter are correct when saying this is going to be delayed in Aus. I think I might just grab the current x570 Hero tonight while there is still stock and while I can get it for $599. Sounds like the chipset fan noise is non-issue.
I have the current hero and I dont hear the fan at all

man I'm so conflicted

I really want a node 804 + Asrock X570M for my unraid server

But I also want a 3080/RX6800XT for Cpunk 2077

What should I do dwwaino

Clearly you get both :D

Or wait and see what 6800xt stock is like. Obviously 3080 is nigh on non-existent, so if you can't get a 6800xt right away then you can make your other unraid toy.

Ill have a look when I get home from work

Just ordered it :thumbsu:

Couldn't be bothered waiting to see what will happen with the Dark Hero and $599 was decent. Ideally if I can get a 5900x 1am Friday morning and my 3080 arrives next week then I'm building next weekend.

Yeah booiiiii

Remove this Banner Ad

PC Pc Gaming/building thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back