Pearce to Fremantle confirmed

Remove this Banner Ad

Haha, love it.

New coach, it will be the year of Mitch Banner. With all the departures he's destined to remain. We'll save it for another thread once we've seen the end of next week.

Pearce will be their best outside mid and I've argued the point with a Freo supporting mate of mine that he's a more effective player than Hill, can win his own ball and is a lot stronger.

Worth the money for them if they have it I reckon. He's exactly what they need.

Wow! Good on him for accepting the contract. Not a single poster can have a go at him now, and neither they should have anyway.

Does anyone know exactly what Chaplin got?

The yardstick so far is Goddard.
27 Years old, 4 Year contract, 700k.

If Chaplin is more than 250K and 4 years, then going on the "then a miracle occurs" formula
Pearce + Chaplin > Goddard. They are both younger, same length of contracts and their combined wage is higher than Goddard.

Wow!! Where is the rubbing hands together smilie? :)

I just don't get these teams rushing to give 4 year deals (apart from the fact that they need to pay overs to get them).

I can see this coming back to bite nearly every FA recruit.

I just don't get these teams rushing to give 4 year deals (apart from the fact that they need to pay overs to get them).

I can see this coming back to bite nearly every FA recruit.

Need to see the contract I think ..on face value you would have to raise your eyebrows....maybe a strategy that the contract is very heavily front end loaded which may create salary cap issues for the club looking to match it.? ...not such a problem for a club at the lower end of the scale maybe?... Payments could be minimal at the back end which may facilitate an easy trade should the need arise....just a thought trying to find some method in the madness

That would match in with what I have heard.

Deals for free agents have the potential to bite clubs on the bum. The new teammates find out what's been offered, and some start to think - hey, I'm worth more than that, especially if the player doesn't meet expectations on the field. It can create disharmony in the player group.

I see that as a potential risk for Monfries, especially if we pay "overs" for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No ill towards pearce wish him the best but I am so glad we didn't match as I think he is good average player who might blossum at freo

It is obviously good $ as Rohde alluded to, but any $ value quoted here and in the media are pure speculation and most likely from the same unreliable sources.

We were sensible with this one. While I can understand the bemusement that we may be prepared to offer Monfries 4 years, presumably that is for a fair bit less. I don't think the length of contract is as much of a sticking point as the amount of coin.

2013 will see at least 4-5 important players come out of contract for us and we will need to nail each of those signings (Butcher, Trengove, Moore, Lobbe, Carlile).

Yeah because he went to fremantle and asked them how much they would pay him to move there. Tell me more about how Fremantle are innocent.

Vash the Stampede... er I mean Lurk3r Fremantle have done nothing wrong here. If anything, Freo have shown to be a bit Ruthless now.

If its 500,000 double dollars a year for 3 years so be it.

Im sick and tired not seeing my team not make the 8 and freo have never made finals in multiple years in a row.

The price is about right. This kind of deal is perfect for teams in Fremantle and Richmonds position. Danyle must be a brave lad to buy into Ross Lyons team, he should improve a lot with a real extreme hardarse of a coach.

At the same time, Im happy to take the compo pick and let our new coach mould his ideal side, whatever that is structurally.

Vash the Stampede... er I mean Lurk3r Fremantle have done nothing wrong here. If anything, Freo have shown to be a bit Ruthless now.

If its 500,000 double dollars a year for 3 years so be it.

Im sick and tired not seeing my team not make the 8 and freo have never made finals in multiple years in a row.
I like you Freomaniac, but I don't like your club, and I don't expect you to like mine.

From your point it can be defended, from my point it cannot. That's the situation.

Not sure why you are taking it personally Lurk3r. Living in WA, I don't particularly like Fremantle (or West Coast) either, but I can't see what they have done here except offer a pretty impressive contract to a guy who they believe will improve their side. Now, I hope Pearce turns out to be a very expensive potato for them, but if the situations were reversed, I'd be pretty comfortable in the knowledge that the club is doing everything they possibly can to take that next step and be serious flag contenders, much like we did when we went out and got Hardwick, Picket and the like back in the period leading up to '04.

Remove this Banner Ad

Pearce to Fremantle confirmed

Remove this Banner Ad

Back