2nds Peel Thunder 2024 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Not watching but Brodie has 31 touches and Johnson 21, has he been on the ground more in the second half?
If you’re talking about MJ seen plenty of him in the second half. Brodie played his usual solid game with lots of clearances. Most promising for mine is NOD. I only watched second half but what he does is all class.

Mac Andew gave us the blueprint for Kuek up forward last night.
I think Sebit is more advanced and more disciplined in his training and prep than Mac (or a lot of that other tall forward/KPP age group) were at the same stage - were it not for the injury I think Seb could well be right uo with Treacy as one of the surprise packet KPPs of the last 3 years.

That said, I do worry that the nature of the injuries has robbed Sebit of some of his inherent athletic spring - but at least so far he seems to be coming back fast and with lots of spring and pace still.

I just hope I haven't jinxed him, he would be a really great addition to our KPP young brigade. Can really develop in the WAFL for another year or two, especially if Tabs and Nathan Wilson aren't down deep forward at Peel next year. Hopefully...

Am I getting too excited about Sebit's pace of return from such a serious injury? Are Claremont really that bad?

Claremont were the close to the form team of the competition. They'd won 6 out of the last 7 and only lost away to Swans by 7points, and now to Peel this week. Beat the other teams currently in the Top 5 in that run, including Peel the last time they played.

Claremont were the close to the form team of the competition. They'd won 6 out of the last 7 and only lost away to Swans by 7points, and now to Peel this week. Beat the other teams currently in the Top 5 in that run, including Peel the last time they played.
Thanks for that, I did think that Claremunt had been playing well but hard to tell if one is relying on streamed replays if it is really a dominant run by a WAFL team or if other sides have had players out for injury, rep duties,, etc. Thanks.

I think Sebit is more advanced and more disciplined in his training and prep than Mac (or a lot of that other tall forward/KPP age group) were at the same stage - were it not for the injury I think Seb could well be right uo with Treacy as one of the surprise packet KPPs of the last 3 years.

That said, I do worry that the nature of the injuries has robbed Sebit of some of his inherent athletic spring - but at least so far he seems to be coming back fast and with lots of spring and pace still.

I just hope I haven't jinxed him, he would be a really great addition to our KPP young brigade. Can really develop in the WAFL for another year or two, especially if Tabs and Nathan Wilson aren't down deep forward at Peel next year. Hopefully...
Wtf? That is a completely baseless statement. Sebit is three years older than Andrew, what are you smoking?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love Mac, so that's exciting

Wtf? That is a completely baseless statement. Sebit is three years older than Andrew, what are you smoking?
Thanks for your careful and very considered comment. If you read again, you'll see I said Seb was more disciplined at the same stage than other KPPs of the same group - I didn't say anywhere that Sebit was younger. My point is that I think Sebit has been more dsciplined and focused through his entire juniors and AFL run than Mac - including on an age for age comparison, not just with Mac but many of the whole group of KPPs from that age group.

Dunno why you feel the need to be so insulting to me about that, but if you reckon Mac has had great discipline during his junior and early AFL years, you do you.

Thanks for your careful and very considered comment. If you read again, you'll see I said Seb was more disciplined at the same stage than other KPPs of the same group - I didn't say anywhere that Sebit was younger. My point is that I think Sebit has been more dsciplined and focused through his entire juniors and AFL run than Mac - including on an age for age comparison, not just with Mac but many of the whole group of KPPs from that age group.

Dunno why you feel the need to be so insulting to me about that, but if you reckon Mac has had great discipline during his junior and early AFL years, you do you.
You want us to believe that you have in depth knowledge of how those two players have prepared themselves over the last five years and you claim that the mid season draftee from last year prepared himself better than pick 5 from a couple of years back?

What you're saying makes no sense at all based on current outcomes.

You want us to believe that you have in depth knowledge of how those two players have prepared themselves over the last five years and you claim that the mid season draftee from last year prepared himself better than pick 5 from a couple of years back?

What you're saying makes no sense at all based on current outcomes.
Again, where did I say anything about "in depth knowledge of how those two players have prepared themselves over the last five years"? And you feel free to insult me about "having smoked something"?

Don't know what your issue is or why you feel the need to display such aggressive attacks on me or such macho defenses of Mac Andrew, but again, you do you. Peace out.

Am I getting too excited about Sebit's pace of return from such a serious injury? Are Claremont really that bad?

Actually, in the bits I watched, I was more impressed by Odin Jones, he is a very strong boy and coming on really strong after some concussion issues. Seems to be a versatile key position player.

Tabs with 3. Means he is keeping his form and fitness up just in case for finals.
The umpires denied him a good contested mark late in the game that he took near goals. Tabs was dirty as and denied a 4th goal.

Odin Jones is quite promising considering only his 3rd league game and the delayed start to the year. Took a good contested mark and also late a good mark on the lead out on the wing.

I'm one of Tabs biggest fans but I don't expect him to play for us again barring a few injuries. Happy that he's kicking goals at Peel though and if needed as depth, he's there. Even the four games he played in 2024, were ok, 6 goals at 1.5 a game and setting some up for Jye from memory.

Always crippled by injury but got to 120 AFL games and in an extended AA squad you'd take that as a rookie pick. Hope our members can be respectful in sending him off this year. Not a WA boy yet always a loyal Freo foot soldier, when others ran off back to Vic and others came back here but didn't put in.

On Pixel 7 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Actually, in the bits I watched, I was more impressed by Odin Jones, he is a very strong boy and coming on really strong after some concussion issues. Seems to be a versatile key position player.
Jones is raw but has a lot of upside. I notice he was named as CHB as Kuek, Tabs and Voss were in forward line. He can also give a chop out in the ruck. It will be interesting to see his development and future positions he is trained for. Could be another Treacy with his size, power, long range kicking and ruck chop out. But we are set for 2 KPFs for the next 6 years, so where he fits is a question.

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds Peel Thunder 2024 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back