2nds Peel Thunder 2024 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Nat Fyfe isn’t going to be playing WAFL in a regular basis next year guys.

He’s either going to still be in the AFL side or else he’ll retire before the end of the season.
Ex superstars like Fyfe have nothing to gain playing at state league level in their final season - it doesn’t happen.

Anyway I think he will remain in the AFL 22 longer than people think
I agree. I see O'Meara as being able to swallow his pride and play on a regular basis at Peel. I don't see Fyfe being able to do that.
I see Fyfe not travelling basically at all next season .He will be a stay at home player.
The club have to find possies early for Erasmus, and both Fyfe, as good as he has nbeen for us, and O'Meara are on the chopping block.

Pretty sure Peel had less AFL listed players in finals than most weeks during the regular season tbh.

Some of East Perth’s best players in Brayshaw, Crowden, Macreadie, Schumacher and North were formally AFL listed talents not originally from WA in the first place. Then add someone like Medhat who’s a West Perth player originally (and I assume others). Home grown team my arse - Peel probably had more players from their zone playing than East Perth and if not it’s quite close.

And Sturrock and Randall are ex-Peel players who probably had to move to get senior WAFL games.

In the vision in the minute after the final siren goes you see Sturrock laying on his back in the goalsquare with his hands over his face and the 1st player to get to him is Hewitt from Peel.

Last edited:
Don't be disrespecting Fremantle's record holder for career contested marks per game!

My school did a few excursions to Fremantle's training grounds in 2010-11, and every time Sibosado would have to do the tour. He was as unenthusiastic about doing the tour as the kids were about meeting him.

Gees he had talent though. I still remember one day at Claremont Oval he gathered a ball at half back & lazily punched a 50M dart laterally across the field and hit someone lace out. Looked up to the level in the half quarter his fitness allowed in the seniors too.

Don't be disrespecting Fremantle's record holder for career contested marks per game!

My school did a few excursions to Fremantle's training grounds in 2010-11, and every time Sibosado would have to do the tour. He was as unenthusiastic about doing the tour as the kids were about meeting him.

The Sibasado for Claremont in the colts yesterday had a good game. Maybe in the 2nd tier of their best players, but he had a good left foot kick. Played some midfield stoppages and got the first receive a couple of times.

Pretty sure Peel had less AFL listed players in finals than most weeks during the regular season tbh.

Some of East Perth’s best players in Brayshaw, Crowden, Macreadie, Schumacher and North were formally AFL listed talents not originally from WA in the first place. Then add someone like Medhat who’s a West Perth player originally (and I assume others). Home grown team my arse - Peel probably had more players from their zone playing than East Perth and if not it’s quite close.
Well the Peel side in the 2023 WAFL grand final only had 10 or 11 dockers listed players out of that 22.

I think in that 2024 WAFL grand final, Of the 22 players selected that beat East Perth, I think there was only 10 Dockers listed AFL players. Brady Grey and Nathan Wilson doesnt technically count... Nathan Wilson was cut from the dockers this time last year.

So.... Peel won the 2016, 2017 and 2024 flags. I wonder how many blokes From those 2016-7 premierships played in 2024? Not to many considering the turnover of players.

I am Looking at Peels 2016 Premiership side.

Of the 22 Peel players that played in that 2016 WAFL side, 17 blokes were Dockers listed players. 4 of those Peel players Won a 2nd WAFL grand final medal prior to 2016. So those 4 won a 2nd WAFL premiership Medal at Peel.

Those 4 Blokes that won A WAFL grand final medal before Peels 2016 Grand final win....

Clancee Pearce: Won a WAFL premiership medal in 2010 with Swan Districts
Nick Suban: 2012 with Claremont
Josh Deluca: 2014 with Subiaco
Shane Yarran: 2015 with Subiaco

All 4 blokes won a 2nd WAFL premiership medal at Peel in 2016.

Well the Peel side in the 2023 WAFL grand final only had 10 or 11 dockers listed players out of that 22.

I think in that 2024 WAFL grand final, Of the 22 players selected that beat East Perth, I think there was only 10 Dockers listed AFL players. Brady Grey and Nathan Wilson doesnt technically count... Nathan Wilson was cut from the dockers this time last year.

So.... Peel won the 2016, 2017 and 2024 flags. I wonder how many blokes From those 2016-7 premierships played in 2024? Not to many considering the turnover of players.

The commentators said Blair Bell was the only triple premiership player so I’m guessing not too many played in either 2016/2017 and 2024 either.

I just had a quick look and looks like Taberner and Hancock played in 2017 but not 2016.

I get the argument that Peel wasn’t stacked with best 22 Freo players but the 2 best players on the ground were Ras & NOD who are clearly on the cusp of becoming potentially dominant AFL players.
It’s a bit different from clubs with delisted AFL guys. Those 2 were the difference.

The commentators said Blair Bell was the only triple premiership player so I’m guessing not too many played in either 2016/2017 and 2024 either.

I just had a quick look and looks like Taberner and Hancock played in 2017 but not 2016.
I am actually looking at All 3 Peel Premiership sides of 2016, 17 and 2024. I wished we won 2023 as well.

Strange one is Ethan Hughes played in the 2016 win and 2024 win but not in 2017.

I get the argument that Peel wasn’t stacked with best 22 Freo players but the 2 best players on the ground were Ras & NOD who are clearly on the cusp of becoming potentially dominant AFL players.
It’s a bit different from clubs with delisted AFL guys. Those 2 were the difference.

Thats getting quite a bit ahead, Ras played 5 games this year and NoD played 2

Ras has looked far from dominant at AFL level over his whole career.

Nod is the same too, he has looked more promising than Ras mostly due to his goalkicking but it's major purple goggles to say he looks like he will be dominant at AFL level, (looks like he could be a handy player though for sure)

Blakely and Langdon are good comparisons for those two as they were the 2x dominant players in our 2016 Peel triumph (with one bigger contested mid, one a pacier mid), Blakely had promise at AFL level but never put it together, couple of ill timed injuries and surfers breaks didn't help. Langdon ended up being a very good winger but can't say he was dominant at all.

Basically we are hopeful on these players but I don't think it's a massive leg up at WAFL level, generally the players who are bonafide AFL players, end up not qualifying for WAFL finals anyway

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds Peel Thunder 2024 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back