Peter Dutton - How Long?

Remove this Banner Ad

Kooyong had one of the highest yes votes for republic in 2000. 2001 primary liberal vote was 55%

In some ways votes reflecting culture war issues, they go against what the incumbent party backs.

Dutton was selfish here, the smart move was to go bipartisan on the voice, but criticise the govt administering of it.

He’s justifying his personal preference with a simplistic argument

You can lead a horse to water but sometimes it's more humane to just shoot them.
I’m not drinking anything Niki Savva is serving thank you

And you probably could have left out the reference to shooting just quietly

Kooyong had one of the highest yes votes for republic in 2000. 2001 primary liberal vote was 55%

In some ways votes reflecting culture war issues, they go against what the incumbent party backs.

Dutton was selfish here, the smart move was to go bipartisan on the voice, but criticise the govt administering of it.

Disagree
Albanese would have been better off agreeing to recognition in the constitution and legislating the Voice

Would have been smarter to take the argument away from the opposition.
But then Albos not real bright - his interview with Fordham yesterday was dreadful.

He had given Dutton close to a free hit and Dutton will use it.

I’m positing as to why the 1April Aston by-election was a 6.4% swing to Labor yet the 15 July Fadden by-election was a 2.7% to LNP despite Robodebt, Stuart Robert, and apparently an “awful” Peter Dutton .

There are claims on here that Labor are still sitting pretty because of the Preferred PM and TPP polls and that Dutton is light years away from even remotely winning an election.

Well …. Why the change between April and July ?

What happened ?

There was also near record low turnout. The fact is that the liberals held a seat in a by election. That is it. It holds no relevance beyond that.

I’m positing as to why the 1April Aston by-election was a 6.4% swing to Labor yet the 15 July Fadden by-election was a 2.7% to LNP despite Robodebt, Stuart Robert, and apparently an “awful” Peter Dutton .

There are claims on here that Labor are still sitting pretty because of the Preferred PM and TPP polls and that Dutton is light years away from even remotely winning an election.

Well …. Why the change between April and July ?

What happened ?
Different states, different demographics in the electorate with differing priorities?

On SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Disagree
Albanese would have been better off agreeing to recognition in the constitution and legislating the Voice

Would have been smarter to take the argument away from the opposition.
But then Albos not real bright - his interview with Fordham yesterday was dreadful.

He had given Dutton close to a free hit and Dutton will use it.

Dutton opposing the voice is a double edged sword.

It will get him a win to make him feel relevant, however it will consign him and the liberal party to the bin as the youth will forever see him (and so the liberals he leads) as the racist he is.

Votes will not flow from future generations.

All due respect but

Niki Savva ?
Nah

instead of just saying fake news how about deconstructing the argument made by Savva, which is actually pretty well researched, reasoned & argued?

Writing off something purely because of its source rather than what it says is intellectually lazy.

The boards here are populated by some pretty good minds and if engage in good faith you can get a good discussion going.

I’m on a bit of a mission to try & get good discussion going based on proper logic & respectful discourse.

Like if someone posts a Bolt article it’s easy to take it apart because he breaks all the formal rules of logic constantly resorting to hyperbole, straw man & slippery slope arguments which I find distressingly facile & an affront to intelligent discussion which, I believe we desperately need in these times.

Savva by contrast references first hand sources & lays out her arguments well, building a case. We get nowhere simply saying fake news & throwing out the baby with the bath water.

You don’t have to agree with it but don’t just ignore it, argue with it properly.

It will get him a win to make him feel relevant, however it will consign him and the liberal party to the bin as the youth will forever see him (and so the liberals he leads) as the racist he is.

Dutton never misses the opportunity to place himself on the wrong side of history.
He left the chamber when KRudd apologized to the stolen generation.

instead of just saying fake news how about deconstructing the argument made by Savva, which is actually pretty well researched, reasoned & argued?
Your sincerity is admirable.

But you'd have better luck getting your dog to recite Shakespeare.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My problem with Savva is she was a big part of starting the rot, it's little wonder she's uniquely placed to comment on it.
Having the capacity to reflect on past mistakes and to atone for them is a rare commodity in public life and something to be admired imho.

Having the capacity to reflect on past mistakes and to atone for them is a rare commodity in public life and something to be admired imho.
Except that I get the feeling her solution to all of this would a return to the good old days of the Howard government which doesn't really suggest any level of atonement.

I’m not drinking anything Niki Savva is serving thank you

And you probably could have left out the reference to shooting just quietly
They%2BShoot%2BHorses%252C%2BDon%2527t%2BThey%252C%2B1948%2B-%2BCover%2Bart%2Bby%2BT.V.%2B%2528Tony%2BVarady%2529.2.jpg

It will if they’re paying reparations.

Writing off something purely because of its source rather than what it says is intellectually lazy.

The boards here are populated by some pretty good minds and if engage in good faith you can get a good discussion going.

I’m on a bit of a mission to try & get good discussion going based on proper logic & respectful discourse.

Like if someone posts a Bolt article it’s easy to take it apart because he breaks all the formal rules of logic constantly resorting to hyperbole, straw man & slippery slope arguments which I find distressingly facile & an affront to intelligent discussion which, I believe we desperately need in these times.

Savva by contrast references first hand sources & lays out her arguments well, building a case. We get nowhere simply saying fake news & throwing out the baby with the bath water.

You don’t have to agree with it but don’t just ignore it, argue with it properly.
Right
Like I’ve asked you lefties to do when I present you with the actual facts
See my posts re the “trillion dollar debt” claim as the most recent case in point

Then you get responses such as I should be shot or they couldn’t find an Andrew Bolt article

Last edited:

That's a very interesting post. Being, up until recently, a resident in that electorate it is also fair to say that the old money demographic has changed somewhat in the last 20 years. There are a lot of students and upwardly mobile younger families/couples in and around Hawthorn/Auburn these days and they are diluting what was once a blue heartland.

As I was saying …..

“You don’t have to agree with it but don’t just ignore it, argue with it properly.”
Sorry to say, but I think the old saying about arguing with idiots may apply to you friend.

YOU were the one who chose to ignore the article I took the time to cut and paste into here - for you, not me pal.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Peter Dutton - How Long?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back