Peter Dutton - How Long?

Remove this Banner Ad

Thing is; he did have a major victory but it wasn't in a Federal Electorate sense but in a Liberal Party room sense. If Fadden went to anyone other than the LNP, Dutton would absolutely have to resign as the first opposition leader to lose 2 seats in post-election by-elections*. Now the pressure is ever so slightly off and might have another MP who won't vote against him.

*As far as I know, happy to be corrected

Yeah, I was thinking externally, but internally within LNP, agree with you.

After the Aston smashing, the likes of which have not been seen FOR A CENTURY, the Coalition and their media barrackers are trying to paint anything less than a similar smashing in Fadden as: Labor Honeymoon Over.

(Think Monty Python’s Black Knight. “Tis but a flesh wound.”)

Thing is; he did have a major victory but it wasn't in a Federal Electorate sense but in a Liberal Party room sense. If Fadden went to anyone other than the LNP, Dutton would absolutely have to resign as the first opposition leader to lose 2 seats in post-election by-elections*. Now the pressure is ever so slightly off and might have another MP who won't vote against him.

*As far as I know, happy to be corrected

We all win.

Dutton is un-electable but secures his leadership. It's no wonder the ALP ran a paper candidate. Why not keep an opposition leader in place who cannot possibly beat you? It's smart politics.

The last part of your signature is giving that poster far too much credit!

Plus Festerz post about swings in a historical context, which is simple enough for most people to understand, apparently too complex for our friend.

But they're not alone - I suspect Dutton believes he's had a major victory in Fadden too.

Ultimately the Australian people are the real winners though, regardless of their political leanings. A corrupt, and not overly bright, snout at the trough has been booted from parliament. (Well, at least until his replacement, like most pollies, likely lose any idealism they enter politics with, and resort to becoming a trough-snout themselves. Oh well...)
I never claimed a “major victory.
Just nobody is able to explain to me why Albanese - so far ahead in the polls and preferred PM - failed to win a by-election against a party who had been beset with controversy and an “awful” leader.

We all win.

Dutton is un-electable but secures his leadership. It's no wonder the ALP ran a paper candidate. Why not keep an opposition leader in place who cannot possibly beat you? It's smart politics

Ah, the old “we weren’t really trying” routine

“The Labor plan seeks to turn the July 15 ballot in the Gold Coast seat of Fadden, previously held by former cabinet minister Stuart Robert, into a campaign against the Coalition that reaches a broader audience in surrounding seats.”

Just nobody is able to explain to me why Albanese - so far ahead in the polls and preferred PM - failed to win a by-election against a party who had been beset with controversy and an “awful” leader.
It is usually held by the LNP with a margin of 10-14%.

It is not a difficult one to understand.

It is usually held by the LNP with a margin of 10-14%.

It is not a difficult one to understand.

I’m talking about the swing.
Try yo keep up
Compare the results I’ve posted regarding the Aston by-election and the Fadden one.

It’s not difficult to understand

I’m talking about the swing.
Try yo keep up
Compare the results I’ve posted regarding the Aston by-election and the Fadden one.

It’s not difficult to understand
There was a 4.2% swing against Roberts in 2022. In the by-election they got it back - so what?

It is Queensland. Good luck winning government from Queensland.

There was a 4.2% swing against Roberts in 2022. In the by-election they got it back - so what?

Mate, put that clown on ignore. For your own sanity.

We either have a troll or an imbecile that we are dealing with here. I suspect it to be the latter.

Not talking about 2022 am I.
Already stated that.

Compare the pair and tell me why the LNP had a swing TO them when all you lefties reckon Albo is going great guns.

Gloating about TPP pills and preferred PM results - what’s the story ?

Albo’s name wasn’t on the ballot paper.

Suggest you give up on this, as you‘re looking more ridiculous with each post.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Albo’s name wasn’t on the ballot paper.

Suggest you give up on this, as you‘re looking more ridiculous with each post.
Albos name not on it? 😂 lol

So preferred PM is a crock of s**t is it ? Yet you all seem keen to hang your hat on that and the TPP polls

I’ll give up when the likes of you can tell me why, with everything the LNP has going against them, Labor not only had a swing against it on first preferences as well as TPP , but it was a swing TO the LNP of first preferences.

So preferred PM is a crock of s**t is it ? Yet you all seem keen to hang your hat on that and the TPP polls

I’ll give up when the likes of you can tell me why, with everything the LNP has going against them, Labor not only had a swing against it on first preferences as well as TPP , but it was a swing TO the LNP of first preferences.

You seem pretty confident that the Liberals are on the way back, why not go put a pineapple on them to win the next election and see how that ends up for you

Serious question - who is the most capable Liberal in Australia?

Jeremy Rockliff is the only one that holds office. No idea if he is any good.

Is there anyone who is even remotely competent?
Abc radio had James Patterson on yesterday (a Victorian senator) he wasn’t shy about saying / acknowledging **** up of robodebt and did not seem to be playing partisan politics but answered questions with what appeared to be thought and consideration

So you don't know the difference between a ballot paper and an opinion poll?

We all win.

Dutton is un-electable but secures his leadership. It's no wonder the ALP ran a paper candidate. Why not keep an opposition leader in place who cannot possibly beat you?

Never interrupt your enemy when hes making a mistake.

This is grade 4 level writing, seriously, you’re either a very uneducated troll, a dimwit lead by your nose into unabashed dufusness, or a fantastical satirist of both the former.
Such a laugh!👍

I've seen at least two people explain it to you.

I've seen at least two people explain it to you.
No they haven’t
They’ve made excuses

Citing historical data, using examples from 2022 and “Albos not on the ballot” doesn’t explain how against all odds, LNP got a + swing.
Could it be that there is just an undercurrent of vote dissatisfaction after all the interest rate rises, the power bills going through the roof and a clear inability for Grim Jim to rein in inflation ?

Mmmmm
Don’t know

This is grade 4 level writing, seriously, you’re either a very uneducated troll, a dimwit lead by your nose into unabashed dufusness, or a fantastical satirist of both the former.
Such a laugh!👍
So you have no rebuttal in the form of an argument - just insults.
Uneducated ? Troll?

Then post a reply to refute my position.

So you have no rebuttal in the form of an argument - just insults.
Uneducated ? Troll?

Then post a reply to refute my position.
You don’t don’t have a position to refute, you're not a standard I walk by, I can’t accept you’re anything other than the suggestions I’ve offered as to your behavioural attributes.
Sheesh, you surely got all my laugh emojis to roughly half a dozen posts.
I find you inadequate and humorous, even your name is a pisser, but floats way above your nong, unattainable to your intellect, priceless, champo!🤣👍🥴🤦‍♀️

You don’t don’t have a position to refute, you're not a standard I walk by, I can’t accept you’re anything other than the suggestions I’ve offered as to your behavioural attributes.
Sheesh, you surely got all my laugh emojis to roughly half a dozen posts.
I find you inadequate and humorous, even your name is a pisser, but floats way above your nong, unattainable to your intellect, priceless, champo!🤣👍🥴🤦‍♀️
Aw cute
More personal insults
Yeah
I do have a position.
I’ve stated it.
Why do you think there was a swing to LNP at the Fadden by-election ?

C’mon
Have a crack at an opinion rather than just mind numbing outdated insults

Remove this Banner Ad

Peter Dutton - How Long?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back