Pick 1 2023 Trade value - What would it take?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread banned for suggesting a trade that remains the most suggested trade in the media?

I’ve never understood why people come to bigfooty to sulk about people sharing their opinion on bigfooty.

When the media starts suggesting that North trades 4 first rounders for Pick 1, we can work with that suggestion. But as it currently stands Pick 1 for Pick 2 and Port Pick seems to be the media consensus if WCE decide to trade it.

Cue the woe is me…

As a neutral I can say that 2 and 16 for 1 is as fair as it gets. If anything WC should fire back a later pick to even it up.

As a neutral I can say that 2 and 16 for 1 is as fair as it gets. If anything WC should fire back a later pick to even it up.
I think with how much it’s getting pushed (like literally 4+ picks), a little bit more would be wanted like an upgrade somewhere but “steal of the century” is ridiculous

Yeah it is fair.

There are a couple factors at play here.

1 - If the Eagles trade Pick 1, they must be able to secure Curtin

2 - Reid’s push to stay in Victoria

3 - Rawlings and O’Brien relationship

It’s why a mutually beneficial fair outcome will be found if Pick 1 is traded.

Wow.

This is the Olympics level mental gymnastics.

If North trade 2 and Port's 1st (let's say 15) to pick 1, that means they value Reid as worth pick 2 + 15. That's it, super simple.

You're conflating the option of WCE picking Curtin at 1 with the value of Reid. If WCE want to pick Curtin at 1, then they should just do it.

Saying the North trade values Reid at 15 is disingenuous at best.

Valuing Reid at 2 plus 16 is disingenuous. 16 slides to the 20th ranked player.

Curtin isnt close to Reid's level. Not even close.

Reid would earn North's millions in marketing. Curtin wont.

North isnt gaining Reid for 2 plus 16. Forget it.

Go trade Thomas to Essendon for their 1st. Get pick 3 for McKay. Then you have the chips to come to the table.

But unless a very compelling offer is made forget it.

Simple.

Yeah it is fair.

To be honest I see this happening.

Then dees packing 5 with 24 or so to move from 5 up to 3 with North to snare Dursma

Yeah it is fair.

1 and 2 are fallacies. Why must the Eagles be able to secure Curtin? For all we know McKercher and Duursma could be higher on the Eagles big board. What push has Reid made to stay in Victoria? I'm sure most potential draftees if asked would say that they would prefer to stay in their home state. It does not mean that they are flight risks.

O'Brien baulked hard at the suggestion of 2 top 10 picks for pick one yet people are still believing the hogwash peddled by people with no sources at WCE that he'll settle for 2 & 16 for pick 1?

"Just 3 more months of this tripe..."

Of course he will, it’s called posturing. Bloke isn’t an amateur who’s going to publicly say he will take pick 2 and 16 from the get go.

Or if WCE want Curtin they can get Curtin and also get pick 15 for nothing. A free hit.

Or combine the 15 and 19/20 and a F2 and go for GCS' pick.

Then get Curtin and a mid nearly as good as Reid.

There are heaps of options if they want Curtin but there are no options if they want Reid.

What? No options to get Reid? Typo?

There is one option to get Reid.

And if the Eagles deal with the Suns for 4 then there are some very nice options.

1. Reid
2 - 4. Curtin, Duursma or McKercher.

Sounds like Hawks really rate Duursma.

So Curtin or McKercher at 4 looks pretty attractive from an Eagles veiwpoint.

Eagles hold 1 and 4 that's two top 5 picks that wont be used to bid on the Suns academy kids.

Last edited:
Of course he will, it’s called posturing. Bloke isn’t an amateur who’s going to publicly say he will take pick 2 and 16 from the get go.
Yes, but he won't because it's a shit deal for WCE.

I know the North poster above loves to claim that O'Brien's desperate for Curtin because he gave a direct answer to a direct question in his Gettable interview but right near the start he states WCE will take 4-5 picks, as we have 5 in the first 3 rounds.

He then goes on to state that they want to protect their draft capital, especially the ones at the top of the order.

So, to spell it out so I can requote it for the next 3 months:

O'Brien's stated the following:
  • Wants to protect the top most picks in the draft, i.e, unlikely to trade.
  • Stated he reached out to Reid and his family after McClure's nonsense and is very comfortable picking him and that he's no risk
  • Was unimpressed at Riley's suggestion of 2x top 10 picks for pick one. Scoffed at the idea.

So based on the above, 2 & 16 won't be cutting the mustard, so it's time to let it go and move onto another proposal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, but he won't because it's a s**t deal for WCE.

I know the North poster above loves to claim that O'Brien's desperate for Curtin because he gave a direct answer to a direct question in his Gettable interview but right near the start he states WCE will take 4-5 picks, as we have 5 in the first 3 rounds.

He then goes on to state that they want to protect their draft capital, especially the ones at the top of the order.

So, to spell it out so I can requote it for the next 3 months:

O'Brien's stated the following:
  • Wants to protect the top most picks in the draft, i.e, unlikely to trade.
  • Stated he reached out to Reid and his family after McClure's nonsense and is very comfortable picking him and that he's no risk
  • Was unimpressed at Riley's suggestion of 2x top 10 picks for pick one. Scoffed at the idea.

So based on the above, 2 & 16 won't be cutting the mustard, so it's time to let it go and move onto another proposal.

Must be true then because everything list managers say publicly months out from a draft usually happens

To be honest I see this happening.

Then dees packing 5 with 24 or so to move from 5 up to 3 with North to snare Dursma
Distressing for Hawthorn if it goes that way. But wouldn't that leave mckercher still on the board for us? That doesn't seem so awful.

Distressing for Hawthorn if it goes that way. But wouldn't that leave mckercher still on the board for us? That doesn't seem so awful.

Watson, thought Hawks were keen on him anyway with Wingard going injured

No diff to GC taking Rankine early - he has turned out pretty good.

Watson, thought Hawks were keen on him anyway with Wingard going injured

No diff to GC taking Rankine early - he has turned out pretty good.
I don't want to spend a top 3 (or 4) pick on a small forward, but I accept my club may not feel like that. I have no inside knowledge :(

Valuing Reid at 2 plus 16 is disingenuous. 16 slides to the 20th ranked player.

Curtin isnt close to Reid's level. Not even close.

Reid would earn North's millions in marketing. Curtin wont.

North isnt gaining Reid for 2 plus 16. Forget it.

Go trade Thomas to Essendon for their 1st. Get pick 3 for McKay. Then you have the chips to come to the table.

But unless a very compelling offer is made forget it.

Simple.
In that case as you say it's simple you take Ried we take Curtin.

In that case as you say it's simple you take Ried we take Curtin.

Or someone offers a compelling trade and THAT club takes Reid and the Eagles take the complelling offer.

If North need to reach with pick 2 on a KP defender. Bad luck for them.

Eagles have a great record in finding quality tall defenders without wasting top 5 picks. McGovern rookie, Barrass pick 47. Just look at the 2023 AA backline. Stewart, Wilkes, Sisily, Sinclair, Houston.......not a single 1st rounders there.

Simple.

Or someone offers a compelling trade and THAT club takes Reid and the Eagles take the complelling offer.

If North need to reach with pick 2 on a KP defender. Bad luck for them.

Eagles have a great record in finding quality tall defenders without wasting top 5 picks. McGovern rookie, Barrass pick 47. Just look at the 2023 AA backline. Stewart, Wilkes, Sisily, Sinclair, Houston.......not a single 1st rounders there.

Simple.
So your saying the Eagles have no interest in Curtin. Ok that's fine

What’s with the abject desperation from West Coast fans to discredit any media reports on Reid? West Coast will only trade the pick if they want to, it doesn’t matter what other clubs want.

So your saying the Eagles have no interest in Curtin. Ok that's fine

Sure they do. But Curtin isnt rated top 3 by anyone other than North. If they want to reach go for it. So in effect pick 2 is not the pick they should be using on a KP defender.

And maybe that compelling offer for pick 1 comes along and makes it happen.

But no way they hand over the #1 ranked kid for Curtin and a 2nd round ranked player.

They trade Thomas to Essendon for their 1st ( picks may be added) North could have picks 2, 3, 8 and 16. A few combo's there to make a compelling offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back