Pick 1 2023 Trade value - What would it take?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This reminds me of when you guys says 'we don't need Luke Jackson'. You could've had him but you guys were stubborn. Next minute you missed out on the best young ruck in the game who made the AA squad. So if you don't rate JVR, that doesn't surprise me. but dees wouldn't be trading him for anything other than a top 3-5 pick. He's got physical presence and crashes packs. And is a dead-eye kick for goal.

Pffftt. You have very little idea about Jackson or the relationship between the Eagles and Freo.

Jackson was never coming to the Eagles. He was a Freo supporter and mates with Sean Darcy. They trained together in Perth over previous off seasons when he was at the Dees. He even stated after it was always Freo.

Eagles made noises and expressed interest simply to push the price up in retaliation to Bell doing the same in the Kelly deal. Normally the WA back away when a player selects their club. Bell broke that unwritten rule and forced up the trade value. They were reminded about that when the Eagles continued to express interest after Jackson named Freo.

What goes around comes around.

Anyone that suggests that 2 and 16 is a good offer for Harley Reid should be thread banned. It's a laughable offer that would lead to WCE hanging up the phone and blocking North's number. No one is trading down from the clear number one pick in the draft to pocket a pick in the late teens.
That deal makes sense if WC rated Reid and another player equally and North rate Reid significantly ahead of everyone else. Otherwise, it is nonsensical for both teams.

How is 2 plus 16 nonsensical for North?

It would be the trade steal of the century.
Because they are desperate for KPPs and doing this trade robs them of multiple opportunities to take the best ones int he draft.

They'd be relying on Murphy still being there at their second.

It’d be the trade steal of the century if we already had a well balanced list, but we do not.

Reid will end up spending most of 2024 in a back flank role for us just because our defence is so dire.

Someone on W.A radio today mentioned that they believe Daniel Curtin is the biggest flight risk around . He has personal reasons to stay. They said however its Freo who are wanting to make the move and not WCE

It may be a case of Freo trying to grab Gold Coasts 1st rounder as opposed to WCE by the sounds of it

Someone on W.A radio today mentioned that they believe Daniel Curtin is the biggest flight risk around . He has personal reasons to stay. They said however its Freo who are wanting to make the move and not WCE

It may be a case of Freo trying to grab Gold Coasts 1st rounder as opposed to WCE by the sounds of it
Curtain diehard Freo fan through and through apparently. One of Brennan Cox or Sean Darcy in a package for pick 2 with some other pick swaps that still allows North a look at O’Sullivan or Murphy? That would shut down all this nonsense talk of us trading down from Reid (our greatest need) to Curtin. Great result for everyone, especially the Eagles.

There have been at least a dozen bigger trade steals this century, and we aren't even a quarter the way in yet.

Getting Yeo for 28 was a pretty incredible steal for example, but there are so many more.

Need to definitely take random callers into WA radio seriously.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why would I care about the pointy end of the draft in 2020?

You tell me, you were the one who mentioned Jackson as an example.

Not sure why you mention something than just a few posts later say you don’t care about it and know nothing about it.

Last edited:

It wasn't Billy Bigbollocks from Ballajura on talk back was it?

Anyone that suggests that 2 and 16 is a good offer for Harley Reid should be thread banned. It's a laughable offer that would lead to WCE hanging up the phone and blocking North's number. No one is trading down from the clear number one pick in the draft to pocket a pick in the late teens.
Thread banned for suggesting a trade that remains the most suggested trade in the media?

I’ve never understood why people come to bigfooty to sulk about people sharing their opinion on bigfooty.

When the media starts suggesting that North trades 4 first rounders for Pick 1, we can work with that suggestion. But as it currently stands Pick 1 for Pick 2 and Port Pick seems to be the media consensus if WCE decide to trade it.

Cue the woe is me…

Thread banned for suggesting a trade that remains the most suggested trade in the media?

I’ve never understood why people come to bigfooty to sulk about people sharing their opinion on bigfooty.

When the media starts suggesting that North trades 4 first rounders for Pick 1, we can work with that suggestion. But as it currently stands Pick 1 for Pick 2 and Port Pick seems to be the media consensus if WCE decide to trade it.

Cue the woe is me…
Perhaps thread banned was a little strong. How about forced into a giant trebuchet and fired into the sun?

North have list holes everywhere. If they trade a first round pick for a one spot upgrade it is the trade steal of the century for west coast and all north recruiting staff will be a joke for many years to come when Curtin and port pick end up better than Reid. The only way this would happen is if kangas have to match for sanders and it will be something like 2 and 15 for 1 and later picks for points.

Why do you guys keep talking about pick 2 like it’s some kind of junk pick. It’s the 2nd best pick in the draft? The logic in here is just bizarre.

2 and 15 is the same as valuing Reid as 15, what in the world? That’s not how this works.

If they are open to trading it I think WC would want a little bit more but it’s really not far off it.

Why do you guys keep talking about pick 2 like it’s some kind of junk pick. It’s the 2nd best pick in the draft? The logic in here is just bizarre.

2 and 15 is the same as valuing Reid as 15, what in the world? That’s not how this works.

If they are open to trading it I think WC would want a little bit more but it’s really not far off it.
North gave up #1 for #2 (and more) last year and still got the player they rated top of the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back