Player Watch Pick #16 (2016) - Todd Marshall

Remove this Banner Ad

The Hawthorn players targeted him quite directly when he was laying on the ground after contests. Looked like they were trying to unsettle him.

Yeah saw it quite clearly in the southwest pocket. What a bunch of campaigners.

Amon was grounding Frankie's head into the turf in a prolonged tackle at one point as well, 5 minutes at Hawthorn and he thinks he's a 'good bloke' he's as soft as buggery so laughable.

He was apparently saying while doing it "don't you know who I am, I used to play for Port Power"

He looked shaken up from a couple of tackles and strong contests. The Hawthorn players targeted him quite directly when he was laying on the ground after contests. Looked like they were trying to unsettle him. Thought he was very brave and tough early but looked bloody vulnerable.
I noticed this too.

No doubt directed by good sport Mitchell

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I was watching at the pub so i didn't quite realise Todd has been subbed out until now. Poor bloke. It's getting into McCartin territory now

I thought he was playing reasonably well up until that point too, kicked a goal and had some nice involvement in the play

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is starting to move into medical negligence territory. We keep putting him out there and he keeps getting minor head knocks that result in concussions. I'm no expert but it feels plain as day to me that this is exactly the type of thing that will be pointed to in a class action to show that the AFL and clubs didn't take concussion seriously enough.

Do a Hawthorn and a defective Jonathan Hay in 2005 and trade him for 2 x 1st round picks to North.

Unfortunately its just about all over for Todd.

Was there a specific incident? I didn't see anything at the ground. Just watching the replay now, beginning of the 2nd.
It was the 3rd, but might have been the 1st as it was in front of me in 525, maybe 10m in front of the goal square, when Amon tackled/pushed him in a pack and he hit his head against other players and I reckon the ground.

It was the 3rd, but might have been the 1st as it was in front of me in 525, maybe 10m in front of the goal square, when Amon tackled/pushed him in a pack and he hit his head against other players and I reckon the ground.
Thanks REH.
Edit: Halfway through the 2nd Marshall went down the rooms for an assessment. Commentators queried whether it was for a concussion test.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Pick #16 (2016) - Todd Marshall

Remove this Banner Ad

Back