Player Watch Pick #18 (2019) - Mitch Georgiades

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting to hear Timmy G on radio tonight say Mitch is the best forward on our list and here he is being played in the ducking magoos!

Obviously not one of the gold pass boys :mad:
Heard an interview with Butters last week, when asked if he was still Ken's favourite he said "nah I think it's Mitch"

Remember it was Kane who said put MG down back the most negative player I can remember.
The worry is Chad bro is the defensive coach and it might of come from him🤦.

Why haven't they tried finlayson as a key defender?if you want an all-australian keydefender them MG is the guy that could do this,
if you want an all-australian keydefender them MG is the guy that could do this, if we hopefully get rid of hinkley next year and you still believe that you can get another 2 years out of dixon, marshall & finlayson as a forward trio (which i think you can). then i would be getting rid of jonas and have MG as your CHB. He has all the attributes of a guy who could dominate the position with his running ability, vertical leap and sticky hands and i actually think he could be a better defender than a forward. I think he might be better behind the ball with it coming to him rather than him finding it, Its only an observation, and its mainly based on needs and list management as if you have these 4 guys competing for 3 spots everyweek i dont thinks its good, as well as the fact Jonas is a liability and a key position defender is required, and i would love a key defender with some actual skills rather than just being a stopper. I would be just as happy to get rid of Dixon and make MG the main man up forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're right he would make a great defender but an excitement machine up forward like Mitch brings people to games.

Hes so good he'd be great at either end.

You're right he would make a great defender but an excitement machine up forward like Mitch brings people to games.

Hes so good he'd be great at either end.
he reminds me a bit of chad and chad found his best place down in defence, either way im happy but if you are gonna put him forward we need a coach who will let him dominate down there rather than playing 3 different roles in a game in 3 different forward positions

If we are going to try one of the forwards as a defender as I said a WK ago Ollie Lord would be worth a try.
I get the argument that you don't want to mess him around and he is really showing something as a forward but we need a CHB and Goargiadis isn't the answer.

BM: (On forward growth) Todd Marshall continues to improve and Mitch Georgiades is a bonafide AFL player. Our scoring also comes from our style of play and ensuring we move the ball well.

Yes that really explains why he is running around in the SANFL, doesn't it BM?

Absolutely moronic idea, (sometimes) coupled with a logic free explanation=PAFC+ken and like minded imbeciles.
Accidentally posted this on Dante Visentini's player watch page

MG is the arguably the best young forward prospect this club has seen since Tredrea, kicked 32 goals in just his 2nd season last year - and had he not got the yips in front of goal he never would have been dropped. And yet now we have muppets like Kane Cornes suggesting he should be played down back?

If he was playing for a Victorian club or if Port's forward structure was remotely competent he'd be talked about in the same breath as Max King as a premier young KPF of the competition. And yet here we are seeing him languish in the reserves playing games that aren't going to do anything for his development. Just another promising player whom the coaching staff have managed to **** up the development of, again.

MG is the arguably the best young forward prospect this club has seen since Tredrea, kicked 32 goals in just his 2nd season last year - and had he not got the yips in front of goal he never would have been dropped. And yet now we have muppets like Kane Cornes suggesting he should be played down back?

If he was playing for a Victorian club or if Port's forward structure was remotely competent he'd be talked about in the same breath as Max King as a premier young KPF of the competition. And yet here we are seeing him languish in the reserves playing games that aren't going to do anything for his development. Just another promising player whom the coaching staff have managed to * up the development of, again.
Totally agree particularly the King comparisons. I sort of like how we can fly under the radar in some senses, but we don't capitalise so it's a moot point.
I mean hardly any vfl media were really talking about Sam Hayes, yet Jackson from the dees, mostly deservedly, get mass plaudits
Even mentioning mr 20 metres/sheepdog, is validating his pathetic existence. Inherited the ability to fill hot air balloons

I feel like Montomery saying he's a genuine AFL player means that we are going to shoehorn him in somewhere he doesn't belong.
Youse gotta know right, it takes a genius to transform a high leaping, strong marking and goal aware, natural forward into a shutdown type back pocket player.
Youse know nuthin bout footaball, geez youse mob, do I has to do it by myself to show youse how good I am?

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Pick #18 (2019) - Mitch Georgiades

Remove this Banner Ad

Back