Player Watch Pick #49 (2020) - Ollie Lord

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably has one last chance to do something this weekend, I sense we will bring Dixon straight back in particularly since lord has been so poor.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

can we stop pretending its 2001 and sending players to the SANFL is a good thing? just play anyone we rate and that's that, the SANFL is where people go to die

Oh good I see we've reached the 'this tall player who had a very promising start to their career is in poor form now so they must be a spud' period of Ollie's 'development' at Ken Hinkley FC. So weird how this has happened to every KPP we've drafted for the last 12 years. What a crazy coincidence.

Not super talented but coming off an acl and playing for a horrible game plan that sucks key forwards soul's away.

We do need him for depth in the future tbh , might as well play him until daddy dip shit leaves
Ok give me a list of key position forwards 21 years old or younger who have kicked 4 goals or more in a final. Hint: the list is very, very small. So the 'not super talented' call is one of more bizarre things I have seen in this thread

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok give me a list of key position forwards 21 years old or younger who have kicked 4 goals or more in a final. Hint: the list is very, very small. So the 'not super talented' call is one of more bizarre things I have seen in this thread
No its isn't, one game doesn't mean your 10x better

Ollie is one of many players on our list who need to step up. I don't buy this game plan shite. OK we all know Ken's forward strategy is stuffed but that has not stopped the likes of Dixon, Marshall, Georgiades and even Olllie himself from producing spasmodically. We also know that Ollie booted 4 goals in last year's Qualifying Final and all that proves is he has the ability to make an impact despite Hinkley's fractured game plan.

Time for Ollie to stand up and be counted.

As to who replaces Ollie if he takes the drop, Dixon still has a couple of weeks and Ratugolea is out this week and Todd Marshall remains in doubt so Ollie stays by default but when one of those two is available and if Ollie has not improved either of them could take his spot. The press have come to the sudden realisation that Port may only need two tall key defenders so that makes Ratugolea surplus to needs in defence and there has been a suggestion that he may slot into a forward/ruck role.

Hinkley has a lot to answer for but we should not avoid putting some onus on the players to make an impact. Seventeen disposals for 3 goals over three games is simply not good enough.

It’s laughable people are willing to write off Lord so prematurely when he’s playing under one of the most dysfunctional forward set ups in the entire competition.

He’s one of the few players on our list that shows some aggression & hunger for the contest. Get some more games into him, get the structures right, & get some decent smalls hovering around his feet, then judge him.

Already having more impact than Marshall. Take out the North game and they both average 1 goal a game but Lord actually competes and doesn't let his opponent dominate him so he's ahead of Marshall. Persist with Lord.
8 years of Marshall is enough to judge his ability’s.
Not sure if it’s the head knocks or what but it’s just not happening with him.

Ollie is one of many players on our list who need to step up. I don't buy this game plan shite. OK we all know Ken's forward strategy is stuffed but that has not stopped the likes of Dixon, Marshall, Georgiades and even Olllie himself from producing spasmodically

After having a ton of games under each of their belts. Lord's will get, hold your horses.

Ollie is one of many players on our list who need to step up. I don't buy this game plan shite. OK we all know Ken's forward strategy is stuffed but that has not stopped the likes of Dixon, Marshall, Georgiades and even Olllie himself from producing spasmodically. We also know that Ollie booted 4 goals in last year's Qualifying Final and all that proves is he has the ability to make an impact despite Hinkley's fractured game plan.

Time for Ollie to stand up and be counted.

As to who replaces Ollie if he takes the drop, Dixon still has a couple of weeks and Ratugolea is out this week and Todd Marshall remains in doubt so Ollie stays by default but when one of those two is available and if Ollie has not improved either of them could take his spot. The press have come to the sudden realisation that Port may only need two tall key defenders so that makes Ratugolea surplus to needs in defence and there has been a suggestion that he may slot into a forward/ruck role.

Hinkley has a lot to answer for but we should not avoid putting some onus on the players to make an impact. Seventeen disposals for 3 goals over three games is simply not good enough.
Personally I’m entirely comfortable excusing our young players and accounting their underperformance to Hinkley.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back