Player Watch Mid-Season Pick #12 (2024) - Logan Evans

Remove this Banner Ad

Little bit baffled about giving him a run this early, but nobody is killing it at half back for us so why not. Hope he makes the most of it.

You move on quick, Tibbsy.
Dont get me wrong, I like Williams, but he is still a 19-25 ranked player. I even think it is silly to drop Narkle this week, without really giving him a decent go. But my real point is that the constant rotation of the same edge players is just dumb. How about when Burton was dropped after a shocker, then brought straight back in without even playing a game in the 2's. He was playing awful, so why not blood a debutant & give them a decent go?

Now we all know what will happen in the Ken Hinkley playbook with these players (remember Ladhams etc?)... Ken will keep playing them right to the end of the season, and then delist them at the end of the year.

He's still 18. Didnt get drafted. Had injuries this year. Hasnt been in the best players this year? Outside. Been properly in the system for a couple of weeks...this should be interesting. Hopefully he shows some nice signs; but it seems very strange.

Dont get me wrong, I like Williams, but he is still a 19-25 ranked player. I even think it is silly to drop Narkle this week, without really giving him a decent go. But my real point is that the constant rotation of the same edge players is just dumb. How about when Burton was dropped after a shocker, then brought straight back in without even playing a game in the 2's. He was playing awful, so why not blood a debutant & give them a decent go?

I do agree in theory, however Burton came back in after Williams got injured didn't he? and we didn't have any suitable replacements.

Massive step up in a very short time. Shows how desperate we are to find a reliable mid size defender, with Jones , Burton Williams all falling short of expectations. Interesting punt which could go badly , but they must see something in him to take the chance so early in his development. Good luck to the kid as it is a spot that needs filling.

I do agree in theory, however Burton came back in after Williams got injured didn't he? and we didn't have any suitable replacements.
Didn't we? I disagree, merely because it sends a rubbish signal to the other players. The whole club from top to bottom has degenerated into a culture of non-accountability. From Koch down to the players.

If Burton gets dropped for poor performances, play the frigging boot-studder if we have to! One of the Magpie boys should have got a game, deservedly or not, to send a signal to the players. Non-effort is just not good enough.

But I dream on.... Accountability is just not in the Hinkley playbook.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stood out today with some dare and clean disposal. We really need to fix that before next round. Deploy the slug.
Screenshot_20240622_161611_Chrome.jpg

Well done lad, won the ball under immense pressure, used it well, and tried to encourage team mates around him.

A very good debut.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back