Picola & District Discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

I feel like there’s going to be a major upset this weekend

Any chance of a katunga v strathmerton grand final
There’s always a chance especially in prelim finals. I’ve watched katunga in both finals and they seem to be playing with a lot of confidence and belief and that can do wonders for you. Win or lose this week I believe katunga are building something special

Wakool don’t exist anymore so that rules them out.

Macorna to Moulamein is about 120kms
Macorna to Ultima is about 110kms

Macorna would be a better fit in the Loddon Valley league to be honest
You'd think moula would think of joining hay maybe in the pdfl, the other clubs would head to the LV from golden rivers

Macorna and Wandella yes to Loddon Valley. Leaves Ultima stuck in no man’s land

What are the percentage odds of the Golden Rivers FNL disbanding?

If it is would up, we will see a number of changes which could involve as many as 15 clubs and the Loddon Valley, North Central, Heathcote District, Picola District and Kyabram leagues.

Obviously it is a case of 'the sooner, the better' on a decision to wind up the league as other clubs are waiting on the outcome so that they can act for 2023 or 2024.

Last edited:
What are the percentage odds of the Golden Rivers FNL disbanding?

If it is would up, we will see a number of changes which could involve as many as 15 clubs and the Loddon Valley, North Central, Heathcote District, Picola District and Kyabram leagues.

Obviously it is a case of 'the sooner, the better' on a decision to wind up the league as other clubs are waiting on the outcome so that they can act for 2023 or 2024.
Hay would be keen with all the ks they do to join picola as it's closer, depends if picola let them in. If they do, the golden rivers is stuffed, ultima, murrabit and moula are in no man's land

There’s always a chance especially in prelim finals. I’ve watched katunga in both finals and they seem to be playing with a lot of confidence and belief and that can do wonders for you. Win or lose this week I believe katunga are building something special
Katunga have surprised me, they played well on the weekend.
Are they mostly locals or few recruits
They seem to have come from no where and not really been a strong side over the past years always a mid table team.
Credit to the club and I see there coach has resigned as well with a new senior assistant on board too. Juniors have played finals as well this season.

Think Waaia with the week off and Tungamah still get the job done this weekend. Both games will be close though.

Last edited:
They seem to have come from no where and not really been a strong side over the past years always a mid table team.
Credit to the club and I see there coach has resigned as well with a new senior assistant on board too. Juniors have played finals as well this season.

Think Waaia with the week off and Tungamah still get the job done this weekend. Both games will be close though.

Katunga would fancy themselves Sunday on a dry and big Tocumwal ground.

Their recruits (midfield group, key forward and key defender) are a massive part of why they are where they are with their young locals providing some great leg speed

I see you have removed your tip for Tungamah to win the GF ?
With the lack of football lately , for various reasons , Tungamah’s are probably likely to be the most vulnerable they. Have been this week .
I thought they took a bit to get rolling in the QF after having the week off prior . strathmerton likewise in the QF loss against Waaia .

I see you have removed your tip for Tungamah to win the GF ?
With the lack of football lately , for various reasons , Tungamah’s are probably likely to be the most vulnerable they. Have been this week .
I thought they took a bit to get rolling in the QF after having the week off prior . strathmerton likewise in the QF loss against Waaia .
Yes not as clear cut as I saw it when they seemed to be flying. But beaten by Waaia. Very much challenged by Strathy and really thought the way Katunga played in that first final took it right up to them.

Thought probably a month to go in the season they were my clear top pick. Still should make the GF but now probably have Waaia as my top pick given the way they have played over the last month.

Yes not as clear cut as I saw it when they seemed to be flying. But beaten by Waaia. Very much challenged by Strathy and really thought the way Katunga played in that first final took it right up to them.

Thought probably a month to go in the season they were my clear top pick. Still should make the GF but now probably have Waaia as my top pick given the way they have played over the last

Are all sides full strength I’ve noticed Connor brown From waai hasn’t been playing and dunn for katunga has been out, any others ? strathy look full strength and tunga are if their coach plays?
Huge weekend of footy

Last edited:
Great for the league to see the comp so close, I can see any of the 4 teams left making the grand final

Are all sides full strength I’ve noticed Connor brown From waai hasn’t been playing and dunn for katunga has been out, any others ? strathy look full strength and tunga are if their coach plays?
Huge weekend of footy

‘ I can see any of the 4 teams left making the granny ‘

Yeah good observation there, didn’t think any of them would. And 8 & 9 on the ladder sneak through for a grand final birth 🤦🏻‍♂️

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Waaia too good for Tungamah. Holland standout.

Silly Season now begins, any whispers out there already?

How many clubs will be having new coaches in 2023?

Waaia too good for Tungamah. Holland standout.

Silly Season now begins, any whispers out there already?

How many clubs will be having new coaches in 2023?

As expected Tungamah on the lookout for a new one. Hopefully the club was as well as aware as most of the league was that Stevenson wasn't staying on

Has anyone heard any murmurs about potential new clubs?

Nullawil's probable move to the North Central could see the end of the Golden Rivers and that will mean the potential for new additions - Hay? Murrabit? Moulamein?

Then there is Shepp East, Tally and Dookie who were mentioned as potential additions recently.

We may well see the return of two divisions in 2023.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back