Picola District Football League, general thread mk II.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have heard that a team from PDFL has applied for entry into our (Kyabram District) league for 09 can anyone confirm or deny this for me plz? if so which team will be joining us next year?

If that is true the club in question should make this public knowledge bearing in mind the proposed changes (split) to the PDFL. If a club is just putting a foot in both camps to see what ends up their best option that is a bit poor.:thumbsdown:

If that is true the club in question should make this public knowledge bearing in mind the proposed changes (split) to the PDFL. If a club is just putting a foot in both camps to see what ends up their best option that is a bit poor.:thumbsdown:

There is a dedicated thread upon the KDFL board in regards to this and some of the PDFL clubs mentioned have been Shepp East , Congupna and Mathoura, whilst they have also mentioned Longwood from the BDFL looking to join the KDFL.
A BDFL have apparently asked the VCFL for permission to discuss the possibility of them joining the KDFL, was in the weekly times about 6-8 weeks ago.
As most would know Congupna aren't even in the PDFL and to my knowledge Mathoura have not made any such official approach to the KDFL and can't speak for Shepp East, however have heard that more than one PDFL club has looked elsewhere ??

AS if any of the Picola League clubs will drop their standards low enough to the KDFL...

Are you mate? The KDFL is of plenty high enough standard for PDFL! considering we smashed you in interleague this year with a side missing many of the cmopetitions best because it is an u18 comp that fielded an U17 team for the series!

Are you mate? The KDFL is of plenty high enough standard for PDFL! considering we smashed you in interleague this year with a side missing many of the cmopetitions best because it is an u18 comp that fielded an U17 team for the series!

Hang on a minute if i wanted to talk about Juniors i would be on the U17 thread... Im talking bout seniors dim wit. If i remember correctly the KDFL did not want to play Interleague from after 2006 is that correct?? I wonder why that is? Its because the Picola League would have embarrassed the KDFL. So if you want to talk Juniors go on there thread.....

Hang on a minute if i wanted to talk about Juniors i would be on the U17 thread... Im talking bout seniors dim wit. If i remember correctly the KDFL did not want to play Interleague from after 2006 is that correct?? I wonder why that is? Its because the Picola League would have embarrassed the KDFL. So if you want to talk Juniors go on there thread.....

The last time the KDFL and PDFL seniors played, the PDFL won by 20 goals. A bit embarrassing..!:eek::eek: Then since that the KDFL didn't want to play the PDFL again.

i'm just saying that the thirds competition is usually a fair indication of the league standard!

The last time the KDFL and PDFL seniors played, the PDFL won by 20 goals. A bit embarrassing..!:eek::eek: Then since that the KDFL didn't want to play the PDFL again.

i think you would find that alot of the better players in the KDFL wanted the weekend off and didnt want to play interleague, which showed in the result. The KDFL then stopped the interleague idea because of lack of interest.

i think you would find that alot of the better players in the KDFL wanted the weekend off and didnt want to play interleague, which showed in the result. The KDFL then stopped the interleague idea because of lack of interest.
The old, oh we had some players out scenario hey, what about for the previous 10 years ??:eek::eek:
I also thought the KDFL had a rule that if a player refuses or makes themselves unavailable for interleague then they are suspended from KDFL games ??;);)
Don't remember hearing of any players being suspended for such a reason in 2006 ??:confused::confused:

The old, oh we had some players out scenario hey, what about for the previous 10 years ??:eek::eek:
I also thought the KDFL had a rule that if a player refuses or makes themselves unavailable for interleague then they are suspended from KDFL games ??;);)
Don't remember hearing of any players being suspended for such a reason in 2006 ??:confused::confused:

i was waiting for a response like that, no such rule either or if there is they dont enforce it.

You bone head!!!!! How bout the 10 PDFL senior players that did not play....... It was just a waste of time for our boys...... But its always good to know we are so far above the KDFL.....

Re: PDFL U/17's

no such rule was ever enforced we will just wait and see how good the pdfl really is when dookie united join our league next year! they are meant to be half decent in your league aren't they? you cannot judge the talent of a league by one or two interleague matches mate!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

no such rule was ever enforced we will just wait and see how good the pdfl really is when dookie united join our league next year! they are meant to be half decent in your league aren't they? you cannot judge the talent of a league by one or two interleague matches mate!

Unless I've missed something, this is the first time I've heard anything about Dookie to the KDFL. Fact or rumour harthom?

Think you best go have a chat to Glen Hodgins ;);)
You are probably right one or two interleague matches shouldn't be the sole judge, when considering leagues standards, 10 years would though.
Someone who has crossed directly from one league to the other should also be able to give a comparison , and take it from me there is a significant difference !!

Please Dookie were Premiers in 07, and in 08 they made the Prelim final.... So if they were to go into the KDFL which i can def tell you they will not.. They would not have too much problems winning a few flags in the KDFL....:eek::eek::D

Were are you getting this crap from anyway.. If you have some inside news please share with all of us!!!!!!!

Adam Dodd the new Tungamah coach annouced in todays Shepparton News
So that put to rest the rumor that Chris Kennedy was going to coach Tungamah
Also in there was that Shepparton East's Gerrard Doyle has stepped down as coach so Shepp East will be looking for a new coach as well

So that leaves these clubs without a coach yet
Waaia - ???
Katty - ???
Picola - ???
Shepp East - ???
Katunga - ???
Yarroweyah - ???
Wunghnu - ???
Jerilderie - ???
Berrigan - ???

Adam Dodd the new Tungamah coach annouced in todays Shepparton News
So that put to rest the rumor that Chris Kennedy was going to coach Tungamah
Also in there was that Shepparton East's Gerrard Doyle has stepped down as coach so Shepp East will be looking for a new coach as well

So that leaves these clubs without a coach yet
Waaia - ???
Katty - ???
Picola - ???
Shepp East - ???
Katunga - ???
Yarroweyah - ???
Wunghnu - ???
Jerilderie - ???
Berrigan - ???

isnt stewart craig coaching wunghnu again

I am sure the Dogs will be looking to sure up Bramich's services, they cannot afford to have class players playing at other clubs! Possibly if McMillan and the Oswald boys came home then Bramich could chase a coaching dream :D

Great to see Doddy step up into the senior role.

i'm just saying that the thirds competition is usually a fair indication of the league standard!
sorry little fella but what ur telling me is that the 3rds are what everyone is there to see? yeah that mite happen in the kdfl because your senior teams aren't worth watching but in our league theres some pretty decent fast paced good skilled football matches happening not kick to kick like you guys!

also so your telling me that the young kids/men that we have this year & are currently are recruiting for next year are lying when they said they wanted to come to the pdfl for a better standard of football (& just so u dont get confused there little tacka i'm talking bout senior players here not 3rds so i dont want u to give me a reply on 3rds stuff), also 1 of those players we picked up came from your club????

anyway the way i would see it is stanhope are the only team in your league that would make finals in ours, ardmona who played off in the granny i think would struggle to make the 8 in the pdfl!!!

sorry little fella but what ur telling me is that the 3rds are what everyone is there to see? yeah that mite happen in the kdfl because your senior teams aren't worth watching but in our league theres some pretty decent fast paced good skilled football matches happening not kick to kick like you guys!

also so your telling me that the young kids/men that we have this year & are currently are recruiting for next year are lying when they said they wanted to come to the pdfl for a better standard of football (& just so u dont get confused there little tacka i'm talking bout senior players here not 3rds so i dont want u to give me a reply on 3rds stuff), also 1 of those players we picked up came from your club????

anyway the way i would see it is stanhope are the only team in your league that would make finals in ours, ardmona who played off in the granny i think would struggle to make the 8 in the pdfl!!!

Pretty stupid slanging match going here.... I couldn't see how anyone would think one league is better than another, you must have played in both the KDFL or PDFL to judge the standard of the two?? I'll just say both leagues very much on a level playing field, End of story...:thumbsu:

Having played in both PDFL (until 2007) & KDFL (2008) I can not see a huge amount of difference. If I had to get picky I would say that the PDFL is more open (bigger grounds?) therefore making speedy creative players important. The KDFL tends to have more contested footy available, the better players in the KD go and get the footy themselves.

The fact that the PDFL has under 17's means that there tends to be quite a few 16-17 year olds playing senior footy. The KDFL tends to use players that are a bit older due to having under 18s.

Why does this topic always seem to come up? We are all minor leagues, our good teams are good and the not so good teams are still valued by their communities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back