Autopsy Pies v Bombers. Pies lose. Again. Sad face. Angry face. Acceptance face.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sounds like you'd be a great supporter for Bernard Tomic in the tennis then.

You've sniped the club constantly through this thread and then have a go at me for being a bad supporter. Oh yes.... The double standards are sky high in you.

I wish the club would recruit some blokes that care as much as us. We need some more blokes like howe and maynard who take pride in the jumper. I know alot of blokes are on this board saying they dont care but if that were true they wouldnt be venting here in the first place. I care and even if i said i didn't wouldn't ease the pain.

Worst captain I've seen in my time supporting the club!

Overall Buckley needs to go, but I seriously doubt he's instructing Langdon to stand around like a stunned mullet for five seconds after taking a mark then kick it directly to the opposition and run straight past Hooker giving away a 50 metre penalty killing our momentum. Or for Maynard to exit D50 and try and pinpoint a 40 metre kick on his right amongst three Bombers. Or for Scharenberg to kick it OOF and into the man on the mark from stop plays. Or for Treloar to kick it 20 metres sideways while entering F50 or miss a one metre handball by two metres. Or Adams running into an open goal and hitting the top of the behind post.

He's no good, but surely the playing group can actually play with some pride in the jumper and their own performance because that was crap today!
Agree with your sentiment. You can add Greenwood , getting reported yes but the 50 where Langdon was running near Hooker it was actually Greenwood running through the mark while his opponent ran in front of the mark that gave away the 50. Rank stupidity.

No point making assessments after our games anymore, what is the point, its the same tale of the tape. Poor disposal, gave up easy goals, no heart, crap game plan, too slow etc...
Might as well just cut and paste last weeks comments. These forums are like the CFC, do the same thing week in week out and expect something to change.

It's sad because it's true

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

A lot of heat on Scharenberg, should be noted he still hasn't reached double figures of games played. Game nine???
Our defense is Swiss cheese, but it is very young, maybe a KPD needs to be traded in to help build and mentor our defenders? Not sure who we could chase, the flu is here and the brain is a little fogged up...We did miss Howe today and it was Varcoe's first game in a while but we need a set of defenders and another key forward. I dare say Kirby will get a run next week, we may (won't) not play finals so we may as well give some kids a run.
Today was an embarrassment but it happened and something needs to be done, I dare say Buckley may have to fall on his sword, but I'm not in the inner guts of the club, I do not know what goes on behind closed doors, but it's not optimistic to say the least.

Agree with your sentiment. You can add Greenwood , getting reported yes but the 50 where Langdon was running near Hooker it was actually Greenwood running through the mark while his opponent ran in front of the mark that gave away the 50. Rank stupidity.

Definitely Langdon not Greenwood. He ran into the exclusion zone without an opponent in site (close enough to tap Hooker on the arse if he wanted) half a second before Greenwood ran in front of Hooker. In terms of rank stupidity that we can definitely agree on from both Pies players.

I don't know what's worse. Us for continuing when we can't control that outcome or them because they can control it, but aren't doing anything about it...

Well l think the CFC can change things if they wanted to, but l always remember Ben Hart been interviewed this year about Bucks, and he said Bucks has an idea of how he wants the club to play it's footy, and once Bucks has an idea its hard to get him to change from that. Well l think that his unwillingness to change and accept change has no doubt cost him his job, and l think it has also affected the growth in some players as AFL players and has seen some very good players walk out the door. Basically when Bucks got the club, as a team that played finals regulary, played GF'S and won a premiership, has now been set back about 5 years, that will need alot of work by the incoming coach.
Lets face it, Buckley was given the opportunity to coach by his mate, Ed. Bucks had no real grounding in coaching, assistant for a couple of years dosent cut it.The thought of Bucks coaching North at the time, had Ed thinking not with his head, but as a Collingwood supporter, who would hate to see their favourite player leave.
It has been one moneumental f up, and l hope that when Bucks or the club announce his departure, that it is recognised, that the timing and the decision made was not of great judgement, and probably unfair to Bucks himself.

Definitely Langdon not Greenwood. He ran into the exclusion zone without an opponent in site (close enough to tap Hooker on the arse if he wanted) half a second before Greenwood ran in front of Hooker. In terms of rank stupidity that we can definitely agree on from both Pies players.
I was right in front of it at the match and my first thought was it was Langdon but the commentators on the TV were attributing it to Greenwood. Looking at it again I reckon you have it right. It was going to be a fifty for either transgression. Careless footy.

Well l think the CFC can change things if they wanted to, but l always remember Ben Hart been interviewed this year about Bucks, and he said Bucks has an idea of how he wants the club to play it's footy, and once Bucks has an idea its hard to get him to change from that. Well l think that his unwillingness to change and accept change has no doubt cost him his job, and l think it has also affected the growth in some players as AFL players and has seen some very good players walk out the door. Basically when Bucks got the club, as a team that played finals regulary, played GF'S and won a premiership, has now been set back about 5 years, that will need alot of work by the incoming coach.
Lets face it, Buckley was given the opportunity to coach by his mate, Ed. Bucks had no real grounding in coaching, assistant for a couple of years dosent cut it.The thought of Bucks coaching North at the time, had Ed thinking not with his head, but as a Collingwood supporter, who would hate to see their favourite player leave.
It has been one moneumental f up, and l hope that when Bucks or the club announce his departure, that it is recognised, that the timing and the decision made was not of great judgement, and probably unfair to Bucks himself.
There is a lot of merit in what you say the succession plan still probably got us a flag so was of benefit at its outset. Yes Eddie fashioned it but without in MM was finished at Collingwood and either Bucks or someone else takes over. Eddie was MMs only support in 2009 so without him fashioning a compromise to keep MM 2010 probably doesn't happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wish the club would recruit some blokes that care as much as us. We need some more blokes like howe and maynard who take pride in the jumper. I know alot of blokes are on this board saying they dont care but if that were true they wouldnt be venting here in the first place. I care and even if i said i didn't wouldn't ease the pain.

Blair cares, or perhaps we need some skill instead?

Hine: Hey Bucks do you want me to get a running defender to replace the hole O'Brien, Shaw and Davis left.
Buckley: Nah we've got Sinclair, Langdon and Smith don't need anymore.
Hine: But Sinclair is always injured.
Buckley: He's still a valuable excuse... I mean player and is best 22, don't need more.
Hine: Landon and Smith are also slow and offer little hurt factor.
Buckley: Vanilla half backs my favourite. Do you have a version for wing?
Hine: Tom Phillips I guess.
Buckley: Wonderfull, keep up the good work Hine
Hine: Thanks I guess... hey wait...

Lol. As long as we're making sht up, hell:

Bucks: get me an elite running half-back to replace Davis and Shaw.
HINE: I've got just the guy, his name is Smith
Bucks: you sure, because this is a massive issue for us.
Hine: he's fast, a good kick, and a hard as a cats head. Trust me. If he doesn't pan out, we've got Ramsay and Sinclair.
Bucks: but Sinclair is always injured.
HINE: so chances are this year he'll be healthy.
Bucks: well, you're the full-time recruiter. Okay then.

Obviously you were wrong???

Best you go play with the other kids who watched that train wreck on TV.

I told you I would watch him closely today.

My point still stands..........average footballer.

Hine: he's fast, a good kick, and a hard as a cats head. Trust me. If he doesn't pan out, we've got Ramsay and Sinclair.

Haha It could be either way but given the way Bucks selects Smith off the back of no form and the way he talks about Sinclair I think it's Bucks overrated the triers.

Haha It could be either way but given the way Bucks selects Smith off the back of no form and the way he talks about Sinclair I think it's Bucks overrated the triers.

In fairness, Sinclair had become a very good rebounder and accountable defender in between getting injured. Smith is neither, but his disposal numbers are pretty I guess...

Just wanted to say how much I like watching Alex Fasolo play. Always thought he was a bit of an arrogant prick, but he's one of my favourite players now. To do what he did and admit he is struggling is such a brilliant thing, and has paved the way already for Cloke and Boyd to do so and feel a little more comfortable. And that's all helped by Alex's courage. Sucks what your team is going through at the moment, but you can be very proud of your #1.

Haha
Bucks: we need some players
Hine: good ones or shit ones?
Bucks: your call
Hine: ok, I'll start with shit ones and see how that goes.

Treloar definitely carrying something. Way down today. Better take next week off. Maynard - oh dear lord. A very good few weeks, but today the old deficiencies crept back in. Might as well keep pumping games into him. Wells can take the rest of the year off, and when he comes back next year, he better ****ing come back in good nick. Fas can leave altogether. Those who wanted KK & Daics to get a run, it looks like you're about to get your wish. The team has been lacklustre since the loss to the Dees. I reckon they sensed the season was over after that game. They better get over it, because they represent the CFC. Crisp magnificent today.

AFL.com describes Callum Twomey as 'our draft guru, an expert in young talent, and the Essendon beat writer. In 2012 he was named the Australian Football Media Association's Clinton Grybas Rising Star'. Today Callum also takes home the 'John Ralph C**t Of The Week' award for Round 16. Here's an extract from Callum's acceptance speech: 'I feel so honoured. After the game I didn't think twice about reminding the Collingwood faithful that they could have landed James Stewart father-son. I had no idea it would land me the John Ralph. Robbo has really dominated this award in recent times. To snatch this from him is a surprise and a thrill'.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Pies v Bombers. Pies lose. Again. Sad face. Angry face. Acceptance face.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back