List Mgmt. Player Ages Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

No that is not what you have been saying. That is why i have been refuting your arguement. You said he WILL be drafted in the top 40.

No I haven't! Go back and have a look at what I said

I even did you the services of showing what I wrote first and have not changed since.

Sorry to break it to people but Dayle Garlett will be gone inside the top 40 if what I've heard is correct

No I haven't! Go back and have a look at what I said

I even did you the services of showing what I wrote first and have not changed since.

Dude are you slow or something ?!?

Your statement:
"Sorry to break it to people but Dayle Garlett will be gone inside the top 40 if what I've heard is correct" ... pretty definitive

My statement:
Like he was last season ? He will get drafted if clubs deem his off-field behaviour/attitude to be acceptable. His talent is not in question here. Your source is not credible sorry!

My premise this whole time has been that your cannot guarantee him being drafted like you are suggesting.

Dude are you slow or something ?!?

Your statement:
"Sorry to break it to people but Dayle Garlett will be gone inside the top 40 if what I've heard is correct" ... pretty definitive

My statement:
Like he was last season ? He will get drafted if clubs deem his off-field behaviour/attitude to be acceptable. His talent is not in question here. Your source is not credible sorry!

My premise this whole time has been that your cannot guarantee him being drafted like you are suggesting.

"if what I'm hearing is correct"

Move on, you really are fighting for the sake of arguing now..

"if what I'm hearing is correct"

Move on, you really are fighting for the sake of arguing now..

"I guess I should listen to a keyboard hero rather than the recruiters on the front line then?"

You've started this with that comment. I've just been defending my statement. Which hasn't changed - you cant guarantee him getting drafted! Which has been the premise for this arguement. I'm tired of wasting anymore time.

I'll let you go back to commenting on players that you have seen play live, yet haven't seen play live.

I think it is a career defining game for Pears tonight to be honest. He really needs to show something and stay disciplined all game long. No stupid free kicks or lazy kicks or hand passes. Was a huge fan of him when he first started but he really needs to pull his head out of his ass tonight and perform well if he wants to keep getting selected and given another contract.

On to Garlett, I definately think we should draft this guy. Definately could be a high risk, high reward situation but the reward outways the risk for me. Imagine him and Jake Long in the pockets and rotating through the midfield in a couple of years? Now that is seriously mouth watering stuff right there.

I don't mean to end this on a down note however, we've all been talking about first and second round picks, I just hope we them after this season is over.

I think it is a career defining game for Pears tonight to be honest. He really needs to show something and stay disciplined all game long. No stupid free kicks or lazy kicks or hand passes. Was a huge fan of him when he first started but he really needs to pull his head out of his arse tonight and perform well if he wants to keep getting selected and given another contract.

On to Garlett, I definately think we should draft this guy. Definately could be a high risk, high reward situation but the reward outways the risk for me. Imagine him and Jake Long in the pockets and rotating through the midfield in a couple of years? Now that is seriously mouth watering stuff right there.

I don't mean to end this on a down note however, we've all been talking about first and second round picks, I just hope we them after this season is over.

agree, he is also playing a "3rd tall" tonight so really no excuses

I think it is a career defining game for Pears tonight to be honest. He really needs to show something and stay disciplined all game long. No stupid free kicks or lazy kicks or hand passes. Was a huge fan of him when he first started but he really needs to pull his head out of his arse tonight and perform well if he wants to keep getting selected and given another contract.

I have the same views with Pears, was a massive fan I was but ever since his internal injury he has never been the same. Hope he does well tonight!

With Garlett high risk high reward, it's not like the Essendons name can be dragged through more mud atm :p

Serious though he is totally worth the risk

"I guess I should listen to a keyboard hero rather than the recruiters on the front line then?"

You've started this with that comment. I've just been defending my statement. Which hasn't changed - you cant guarantee him getting drafted! Which has been the premise for this arguement. I'm tired of wasting anymore time.

I'll let you go back to commenting on players that you have seen play live, yet haven't seen play live.

If this is the blame game, you were attacking 'my source' first.

I haven't seen him play live, never said I had either. Never said he was a guarantee to go in the top 40, mentioned that in recruiting circles some may pull shot gun on him in the top 40 but was not a "definite" as you say.

If you were tired of going on with the argument why be selective with the info I have provided ("he will go in the top 40") and not read it in the context it has been used in ("he will go in the top 40 if what I am hearing is correct").

I have never said he WILL get drafted that was you making it up to suit some argument you've got going on.

READ MY FIRST POST (re: Dayle Garlett)

WHO CARES ^^^^^^^
Id love garlett, fast, energetic, opportunistic players is what our team is lacking. He's the perfect fit. He may be a badass, but I still believe our culture will overcome that.
as the draft gets closer however everyone will fall in love with other players, and everyone's perceptions will change.
Definatly keen on Dom Tyson and Taylor Adams

Completely agree. Add to that the influence of outstanding indigenous leaders like Nathan Lovett-Murray and Michael Long with the club and add in the additional development from guys like Hird, Thompson and co and I was disappointed we didn't take the chance on him.

I think there was ample reason not to draft him last year. Some things can be instilled in a player by others, other issues need the player to do some soul searching themselves. Not being drafted has clearly shocked him into to reassessing his life and making some changes, and he is a better player for it.

Would not mind at all if we get him in the first round this year depending on the list management priorities and who else is available at the time.

I haven't seen him play live, never said I had either. Never said he was a guarantee to go in the top 40, mentioned that in recruiting circles some may pull shot gun on him in the top 40 but was not a "definite" as you say.

If you were tired of going on with the argument why be selective with the info I have provided ("he will go in the top 40") and not read it in the context it has been used in ("he will go in the top 40 if what I am hearing is correct").

I have never said he WILL get drafted that was you making it up to suit some argument you've got going on.

READ MY FIRST POST (re: Dayle Garlett)

LOL go have a little cry you girl.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

would go hard for yarran

heard we are after a GWS player from a mate who has close connections with the club

make of this what you will

Never said he was a guarantee to go in the top 40, mentioned that in recruiting circles some may pull shot gun on him in the top 40 but was not a "definite" as you say.

I said your source wasn't credible. Your last statement proves that! It's speculation where/if he will get drafted. There is no credibility in speculation. It's basically a rumour.

I said your source wasn't credible. Your last statement proves that! It's speculation where/if he will get drafted. There is no credibility in speculation. It's basically a rumour.

Of course it's bloody speculation you buffoon. It hasn't happened. Until it does, it is just that, a possiblity.

I am saying, from my first post on this whole subject that recruiters are seriously considering Dayle Garlett inside the top 40.

BigFooty wouldn't be BigFooty without rumour, speculation and innuendo.

Check my posting history and Im not one to put up stupid useless information.

As I have said many a time in this tit - for - tat thing you want, I have spoken to recruiters at VFL games and brought up Dayle Garlett. They have said that in recruiting circles Garlett has got his off field life together, started an apprenticeship, training regularly and the results on the field are evidence of him sorting his off field life together.

Look, this is the last post im going to have to you in your stupidity, but I have NOT ONCE said he is GUARANTEED to go inside the top 40, let alone at all, but recruiters are talking about taking him inside the top 40.

Now move on and actually add to this discussion instead of being an imbecile in front of everyone and making yourself look sillier than you already have.

Of course it's bloody speculation you buffoon. It hasn't happened. Until it does, it is just that, a possiblity.

OMG! You are one dumbass. That has been the whole premise to my arguement. He may or may not get drafted! Therefore your source cant guarantee that therefore it isn't credible!

Check my posting history and Im not one to put up stupid useless information.

Like you watching Justin & Dylan Van Unen play last year ? Where it was evident to everyone that you were making it up ?!?

7da.gif

I know this guy is in terrible out of form but Adelaide need to revamp there list. What do people think of Bernie Vince as he was one of the best up n coming mids 4 years back.

Yeah it looks like a lot of them have peaked earlier than expected. No real out and out list cloggers in the best 22 but a lot of guys who would be depth at other clubs are getting regular games. Losing Tex hurts them a lot though so it's hard to get a real feel for where they're at as a club.

Is there any chance that Bellchambers could leave because a player like him should not be playing in the reserves (I assume he's not injured)?? I know it might take a bit to get him but I feel we need a decent Ruckman for the next couple of years while Witts/Grundy develop. Is there any chance??

Is there any chance that Bellchambers could leave because a player like him should not be playing in the reserves (I assume he's not injured)?? I know it might take a bit to get him but I feel we need a decent Ruckman for the next couple of years while Witts/Grundy develop. Is there any chance??

Hird said a few weeks ago when he was first rested that he'd been in poor form and needed a rest and a run in the 2s to get back to his best. As yet there has been nothing definite or otherwise re TBC wanting to leave the club so at this stage I'd be inclined to think it's just a form thing. However if he doesn't get a gig against the Eagles there might be something going on behind the scenes we don't yet know about.

He isn't injured and should play in the reserves tomorrow. I would hate to lose him, but an offer from Collingwood would surely tempt him.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Player Ages Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back