List Mgmt. Player Ages Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Sure, but it ain't really anyone's fault.
No not really, although we can only look at the end result because we arent in the inner sanctum and been with him side by side to know anything else.

Would the doggies accept a Gumbleton for Higgins trade

Higgins value has significantly dropped i reckon, both so injury prone it aint funny. One needs potentially a small crumbing forward, the other needs a key forward

At the end of 2014 Higgins becomes a free agent (can go to better offers) similar to the lake situation whereas Gumby is a free agent now, so the dogs may try to just lure him by coin which is very possible.

Id be happy to throw in a pick/player to even it out. Maybe that could also fit guys like Colyer, Jetta into their immediate side.

We'd be stupid not to trade Gumby...

He really isn't gonna get a game with Joey now playing.

should essendon trade
pears & colyer for west coasts first round pick
west coast get a defender to replace glass and a outside midfielder with pace and
essendon get a first round a bit lower then what they will get at the moment.
trade rd 1 higher and gumby for dalhaus
or just draft d garlett?

should essendon trade
pears & colyer for west coasts first round pick
west coast get a defender to replace glass and a outside midfielder with pace and
essendon get a first round a bit lower then what they will get at the moment.
trade rd 1 higher and gumby for dalhaus
or just draft d garlett?

none of the above.

don't think WCE will be THAT into Pears, Hooker yes, pears not so much.

They've got Waters and Hurn who are sort of bigger HBF's capable of playing as a 3rd tall, as well as Blayne Wilson who looks pretty impressive in his first 2 games. I think they're in need of a true anchor KPD, not someone like Pears.

Dogs won't give up Dahl, but if it's on the table i'd definitely consider it.

Yes we should just draft Dayle Garlett imo. He didn't deserve his shot last year, but he's stepped up to a higher standard of footy and continued to be dominant. Sometimes, a player may have problems, but I think as a club, you just have to back your culture in and the people you put around him to get him on the straight and narrow

Pretty surprised there's not much talk of a jetta trade back to Perth, so on that note do you think freo would do a straight swap jetta for Sheridan or would picks need to be thrown in ?

Pretty surprised there's not much talk of a jetta trade back to Perth, so on that note do you think freo would do a straight swap jetta for Sheridan or would picks need to be thrown in ?
Picks plus they have Ballantyne, Mayne, Walters, Crozier, Mellington (Eg plethora of small forwards) they wouldnt trade the world for him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair call I geuss didn't really see it from that point if view I was thinking freo could use him more as a midfielder, and I remember reading something a while back about Sheridan being a massive dons fan. I geuss the only thing that would get it done would be gumby and I couldn't stand to see him in purple

Why is anyone even mentioning Dalhaus? He's no good.

He's not a crumber and too small for the midfield. He averages less than 1 goal a game and doesn't get enough of the ball.

Maybe if we want the commentators to notice us with his long hair than that's about it. I reckon most on here have been fooled by the commentator/hair factor.

Robbie Nahas part two from a few years ago when people wanted to trade for him.

Why is anyone even mentioning Dalhaus? He's no good.

He's not a crumber and too small for the midfield. He averages less than 1 goal a game and doesn't get enough of the ball.

Maybe if we want the commentators to notice us with his long hair than that's about it. I reckon most on here have been fooled by the commentator/hair factor.

Robbie Nahas part two from a few years ago when people wanted to trade for him.

LOL,

Heppell is a much better player with long hair.

If they wanted him they would have him by now.

Just a little observation too, I wouldn't be trading for an unproven small forward (like the Freo one's mentioned). Why pay for someone else's meh? I'd take our picks and go into the draft and just pick one up ourselves that we can mould and develop from day dot.

Also coming around to the idea of picking a medium/tall utility with our first pick. The kid Marcus Bontempelli sounds like a prospect we could use as a 188cm outside midfielder who uses the ball well and has improved out of sight this year.

yaco55

You have banged on about first round draft picks being crap at their second clubs too.

The AFL website has done the research to back up your argument, and tbh, it's pretty damning

WHAT hope do discarded first-round draft picks have of success if given a chance at a second club?

They often carry currency into trade week - supporters seem to value them, at least - but they rarely improve during their second chance.
That's the reality when you do the numbers.
Between the 2000 and 2010 AFL drafts, there have been 176 players selected using draft picks numbers 1 to 16.
A little under a third (52 players) ended up at a second club, where often a contract was offered regardless of their performance at their first club.
If you break those 52 into sub-categories, you get a better perspective on what type of player is likely to succeed second time around.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-06-04/buyer-beware

Watched the start of the Hawthorn game last night. Before the game started it cut to the crowd to show Cyril Rioli up in the stands. Who should be sitting next to him but Jake Long!!

It got me thinking that Rioli is just what we need in our forward line.

What could we trade for him?

Would be the perfect fit for us & I reckon a dream come true for him to get to Ess

I highly doubt Hawthorn would entertain trading him, to be honest.

Yeah I doubt it would happen unless Cyril specifically asked for a trade with us.

It would be disappointing to lose our tall depth, just when we are looking to contend but it's really unrealistic to expect some of these guys to not be looking at other opportunities.

Gumby the poor bugger, has had a run of injuries you just could not script and now that he looks fit and ready to finally contribute, in comes a more talented forward in Daniher to send him back to the twos. It was amazing gesture of him to sign a 1 year contract at the end of last year when others were offering more years and playing time. Send the guy wherever he wants to get a decent career, just get it done, champion bloke but we have better options forward.

Belly seems like an interesting cat. Don't think he would appreciate playing reserves footy that much, which is the attitude you want out of your burly number one ruck. His services will also come at a high cost though, is it a good idea to be paying our 2 best rucks a mill per year between them? While I think Belly and Ryder together give us a competitive advantage over most clubs as ruck / forwards, could we get similar or better production by playing an extra actual key forward, use Daniher / Carlisle for the 20% ruck role and let Ryder play 80%? We also might get a nice pick or a Taylor Adams type as compensation for him.

Great depth is fantastic but in the end, you can't play good footballers in the twos and expect them to be happy with it and sacrifice their own careers.

Gumby the poor bugger, has had a run of injuries you just could not script and now that he looks fit and ready to finally contribute, in comes a more talented forward in Daniher to send him back to the twos. It was amazing gesture of him to sign a 1 year contract at the end of last year when others were offering more years and playing time. Send the guy wherever he wants to get a decent career, just get it done, champion bloke but we have better options forward.

If Gumby can get a more games and not get injured, signing the 1 year deal will be the best thing he could have done, it will increase the value of his next contract. If he had have moved for more years it would have been for less money!!

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Player Ages Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back