Player Comparison Thread - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
gibbs over pendles. Has a higher ceiling, won't get tagged nearly as much.
Didak over buddy. After getting 100+goals, can't see buddy improving much.

gibbs over pendles. Has a higher ceiling, won't get tagged nearly as much.
Didak over buddy. After getting 100+goals, can't see buddy improving much.

hopefully someone teaches him to kick straight, he will then kick 130 goals in a year and avg over 100. so yer he can still improve.

too inside I guess. Will consistently get 70-85 but I can't see him gettng much more than that, unless kerr gets back to his best and frees up masten. In the long run i liken him to a jimmy bartel type, but at the moment we need him in the thick of the packs.
If we get a couple more injuries to midfield types, i would get on the rosa train if i were you. Was getting 30+ touches before getting injured.

adcock, (montgna or gibbs) and goodwin
or
mackie hasbely and deliedo

sounds obvious but im really not keen on having hasbely in my team
replace hasleby with butler and go with that. Butler averaged 83 in his last fit season when he was 20. With Kerr, priddis and masten all inside players, he should get an outside role and rack it up. Is having his best pre-season to date.
And with the extra 40k or so, upgrade mackie to goddard or cornes etc.

Daniel cross or Joel Selwood + $23k?

I've thought about throwing Cross into my team a few times, but I just think there's better value around. He's pretty reliable, but I can't see him improving much or pulling out big scores. Then again I see that with Birchall in the backline, so maybe it's just their consistency and durability that's getting me thinking like that. Also, not entirely conviced Selwood will pull out big scores just yet (despite me considering him below). Probably Cross though.

I've got a few combos for some opinions.

Firstly, which combo do people think of these:

1 - Selwood, Grimes + $44k
2 - Kornes, Grimes + $11k
3 - Lockyer, Haselby + $16k

I think Grimes will be good value as long as he holds his spot, but maybe Lock/Hase is the safest...

Also, who do people see as having the biggest upside? Lucas or Gilbert? I'll be interchanging Houlihan between forward and defence based on which I pick... I'm leaning towards Gilbert for 2 reasons... Last week I was having doubts about Lucas, and he throws up a dismal 19, then just the other day I thought about Gilbert being an option, and apparently he blitzed the NAB challenge game the other day. Maybe it's fate?

Also, a lot of people will be getting Lucas, and could be burnt if he doesn't live up to his history. On the other hand... if he performs well, I could be behind the pack.

Thoughts?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Joel Selwood-May be tagged
Jordan Lewis-Interupted preseason
Travis Boak-Poor NAB cup form
Daniel Kerr-Will get number one tag but is underpriced
Chris Masten-May get number two tag in poor WCE midfield
Paul Haselby-Injury concerns but may also get tagged in poor Freo mf

Which one of these mid priced mids represents the best value?:confused:

:thumbsu:

Joel Selwood-May be tagged
Jordan Lewis-Interupted preseason
Travis Boak-Poor NAB cup form
Daniel Kerr-Will get number one tag but is underpriced
Chris Masten-May get number two tag in poor WCE midfield
Paul Haselby-Injury concerns but may also get tagged in poor Freo mf

Which one of these mid priced mids represents the best value?:confused:

:thumbsu:

in terms of value id say hasleby. obviously with the discount he is underpriced. its just the injury concern risk you have to take in picking him.

im not going near kerr.

Boak, selwood, masten all solid picks wont let you down.

On the news last week it mentioned that he was not training and is fair way off.

If you got 22 games out of Butler, you would be laughing. But those 22 games will probably be spread across 3 seasons! He seems far too injury prone... not worth the risk IMO.

I know this is a bit off topis but does everyone think that you need to start with a premium mid in your team?
I'm thinking of starting with five mid-priced mids and a rookie. This way I am able to upgrade other areas with the saved money. I have Cox and Pav as captain options and Goddard and Cornes may be reasonable captain choices IMO.
So I'd like to know if anybody else is considering this.

Tossing this one up myself. I guess it depends on whether you want to upgrade any of those mid-priced mids. I'm thinking of starting 5 or 6 mid priced mids,but I believe 3 of those will be keepers, which will leave me with 3 to upgrade to the premium centres.

Good point, but i think mackie and enright might have a few more lockdown roles with the current state of the geelong backline, and corey down there more often to play that loose HB man creating play. Just a thought.

I've thought about throwing Cross into my team a few times, but I just think there's better value around. He's pretty reliable, but I can't see him improving much or pulling out big scores. Then again I see that with Birchall in the backline, so maybe it's just their consistency and durability that's getting me thinking like that. Also, not entirely conviced Selwood will pull out big scores just yet (despite me considering him below). Probably Cross though.

I've got a few combos for some opinions.

Firstly, which combo do people think of these:

I think Grimes will be good value as long as he holds his spot, but maybe Lock/Hase is the safest...

Also, who do people see as having the biggest upside? Lucas or Gilbert? I'll be interchanging Houlihan between forward and defence based on which I pick... I'm leaning towards Gilbert for 2 reasons... Last week I was having doubts about Lucas, and he throws up a dismal 19, then just the other day I thought about Gilbert being an option, and apparently he blitzed the NAB challenge game the other day. Maybe it's fate?

Also, a lot of people will be getting Lucas, and could be burnt if he doesn't live up to his history. On the other hand... if he performs well, I could be behind the pack.

Thoughts?
Any thoughts on these:

and:

Gilbert v Lucas.

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad