Player X or Player Y (part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nahas or LeCras?

LeCras. Will be more consistent and kick more goals than Nahas. Takes a lot of marks for a player of his size too.

That being said, I have neither in my team.

Option 2 for sure, option one lacks consistency, Chapman unlikely to play 22 games, Rockliff (best 22?????????) vs 3 solid players (Gray, Tippett likely to improve their average this year).

I know this has probably been covered already but

Gray vs Buddy

Buddy easily. He will have his breakout year this year!

Option #1
Chapman ave 122 Coddard ave 104 Rockliff ave ? but scored 87 in Nab = total ave 266 (if say rockliff averages 50)

V's

Option #2
Gram ave 92 Grey ave 73 Tippet ave 73 = total ave 238

So i'm still inclined to take option #1 as better score and two genuine keepers?

What do you guys think? Explanation?

Buddy easily. He will have his breakout year this year!

Option #1
Chapman ave 122 Coddard ave 104 Rockliff ave ? but scored 87 in Nab = total ave 266 (if say rockliff averages 50)

V's

Option #2
Gram ave 92 Grey ave 73 Tippet ave 73 = total ave 238

So i'm still inclined to take option #1 as better score and two genuine keepers?

What do you guys think? Explanation?

Option 2 easily
Don't worry about Chapmans 122 avg his inability to play 22 games brings him right back to the pack. Goddard gun we all know that. Rockliff isn't a sure thing for bris 22.
As for option 2 Gram will score well. Grey and Tippet have a lot of upside and will more then likely both improve on there averages, both could be keepers by seasons end. Making option 2 a lot saver aswell as yielding more points in the long run.

Option 2 easily
Don't worry about Chapmans 122 avg his inability to play 22 games brings him right back to the pack. Goddard gun we all know that. Rockliff isn't a sure thing for bris 22.
As for option 2 Gram will score well. Grey and Tippet have a lot of upside and will more then likely both improve on there averages, both could be keepers by seasons end. Making option 2 a lot saver aswell as yielding more points in the long run.

Good one, thanks Hurley

From my point of view, the less people on Gray from Round 1 the better :)

So just to confirm you believe Robert Gray can average 90? In fact you're so sure of Gray's ability to average 90 that his questionable, or unproven durability, makes him a safer target than any of the durable players who could average 80?

So just to confirm you believe Robert Gray can average 90? In fact you're so sure of Gray's ability to average 90 that his questionable, or unproven durability, makes him a safer target than any of the durable players who could average 80?

20 of 22 games last season I think is fine in regards to durability. I'm not too sure what further proof you want for a player early in his career.

I believe he can comfortably average 90 but then again I may be bias.

I won't justify him too much on these boards, because like I said, the less people on him the better.

Bartel & Ladson

or

Godgard, Trengove & 56k

Option 1. Bartel is a definate top 6 mid and Ladson will be a reliable cash cow for your defense. (Not to say you shouldn't have both Goddard & Trengove in your team anyway...)

Gibbs + Armitage
Swan + M.McVeigh

Option 1. Bartel is a definate top 6 mid and Ladson will be a reliable cash cow for your defense. (Not to say you shouldn't have both Goddard & Trengove in your team anyway...)

Gibbs + Armitage
Swan + M.McVeigh

Dear Cynic both good options and hard to split. Of all the 4 players Swan for mine is the most solid and a great captain choice, so option A.

Fisher and Mayne
OR
Gray amd Malceski (+30K)

Gibbs + Armitage
Swan + M.McVeigh

Id go Gibbs and Armitage.
Swan is just to highly priced to justify picking and will have to come down at some stage. I think gibbs could maintain at that price. With that being said i did hear carlton are missin players in the first few rounds and gibbs may be copping the number 1 tag. I think i recall hearing that could be wrong tho...

Watched armitage on the weekend against freo and was really impressed. I think he will slot nicely into their team and have a great season. McVeigh im not sure about. Has to much of a temper and is coming back from injury... Id definately go the first option..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Id go Gibbs and Armitage.
Swan is just to highly priced to justify picking and will have to come down at some stage. I think gibbs could maintain at that price. With that being said i did hear carlton are missin players in the first few rounds and gibbs may be copping the number 1 tag. I think i recall hearing that could be wrong tho...

Watched armitage on the weekend against freo and was really impressed. I think he will slot nicely into their team and have a great season. McVeigh im not sure about. Has to much of a temper and is coming back from injury... Id definately go the first option..

Freo were woeful last week. I'd watch the grand final game before making any comments about armitage.

I think its safe to say Armitage is in good form. I think the question mark comes up over his role and ToG come season proper. Ball left leaving a spot for Armitage to step in however we need to keep in mind Ball had some very limited ToG and Armitage could suffer the same in the season proper. You also need to understand that NAB often doesnt represent accurate season proper as they test different setups, strategies and rest players who would perhaps detract from his score. I am not sure we will learn much more about Armitage from NAB cup, you need to look at his form, his role come season proper and how he fits into the team to determine if he is a worthy selection. Dont be suckered into picking a player based on NAB cup, look into it further.

YES, Without a doubt!

Gray will become one of the premier onballers this year, he was more than durable last year and he now knows his body! If your not on Gray in 2010, your kidding yourself, However saying that, Buddy will kick 100 again this year, maybe look at the other 5 blokes and get them both in thete, I have both!

YES, Without a doubt!

Gray will become one of the premier onballers this year, he was more than durable last year and he now knows his body! If your not on Gray in 2010, your kidding yourself, However saying that, Buddy will kick 100 again this year, maybe look at the other 5 blokes and get them both in thete, I have both!

SHUSH!!! :p

YES, Without a doubt!

I was going to say, why the debate about one or the other? I have both, two of my first picked this year.

So in total points for the season.....
R. Shaw & O'Keefe
or
Pav and Duffield

i would probably lean towards shaw and okeefe. ROK should improve on his average from last year as he wasnt in the midfield the whole year. not until about round 5 i think. from that point on he went absolutely nuts! shaw should provide similar numbers on last year..maybe moving more midfield where as i think duffield will go down on last years numbers. pav should do about the same but ROK is better

matty campbell + joel macdonald

v
ziebell + malceski

thoughts and opinions?

matty campbell + joel macdonald

v
ziebell + malceski

thoughts and opinions?

I would definitely go ziebell + malceski, but your top group may be great picks that aren't as hyped as the top 2. I tend to play it a bit more 'safe' when it comes to those kind of picks though.

My question: Goddard + Silvagni vs Rhyce Shaw + Waters (on bench)? I know it's kind of hard to answer because we don't know if silvagni will play. So I guess my rea question is would Beau Waters be a good bench pick, or is it too much cash on the bench?

I would definitely go ziebell + malceski, but your top group may be great picks that aren't as hyped as the top 2. I tend to play it a bit more 'safe' when it comes to those kind of picks though.

My question: Goddard + Silvagni vs Rhyce Shaw + Waters (on bench)? I know it's kind of hard to answer because we don't know if silvagni will play. So I guess my rea question is would Beau Waters be a good bench pick, or is it too much cash on the bench?

Second one for sure. I wouldn't spend $150,000 for a bench player. Waters will be good this year, but option one is better.

Swan + Gray + Dangerfield

or

Trengrove + Chapman + O'keefe

Second one for sure. I wouldn't spend $150,000 for a bench player. Waters will be good this year, but option one is better.

Swan + Gray + Dangerfield

or

Trengrove + Chapman + O'keefe
I would go Swan + Dangerfield + Gray. The simple reasoning is all those players have an upside. Chapman i wouldnt touch as he is injury prone. But i wouldnt get Swan, i would get someone cheaper and use the cash elsewhere:

Ziebell Vs Hall Vs Medhurst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back