Player X or Player Y (part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd go goddard gia myself.
and nahh l dont have ryce shaw in my team l got malceski but

Ah okay. Carrazzo and Scotland both aren't guaranteed to play 22 games and might get dropped if they start playing poorly. I'd downgrade Malceski because no one really knows where he'll play and get Kennelly who looks in good form so then you'll have enough money to get any defender you want.

O'Keefe or Sylvia?

Both had better than expected years last year, can they keep it up? Can they be considered guns yet?

I'd be inclined to take Sylvia only because of the question marks over O'Keefe's role. O'Keefe could be a monster though, it's a tough one.

Having Grimes, Trengove and Sylvia in my 22 worries me though.

Carrazzo or Heath Scotland

Scotland. Has been on fire this NAB cup and looks to play all 22 games barring injury. Has been playing through the midfield and the HB line. I'd get on him.

Carrazzo should play all 22 bar injuries as well, but he has a much more team orientated role these days. Don't go there.

hille or seaby?

Seaby.
Hille didn't do too well first few rounds last year and he's mooted to play full forward this year - bit risky, plus coming back from injury. Seaby has first crack at ruck and will want to impress, therefore more upside to him. Mind you I'm going Ottens over both of them at this stage as the cats love him and if fit and firing is greater value

Hey guys

Ziebell, Buddy

Gray, Hall
This is a very close one, in the end I think it comes down to personal preferance. Zieball looks like he could be a bargin and is a popular choice, there's not much wrong with him.Buddy is a hard one if the Hawks play well he should increase but to make it worth it he would have to average at the very least 90 and you would really be hoping for 95. Grey will play in the midfield and will improve the only question is by how much, he worries me because of his preferance for handballing.Hall looks like a decent pick up but there are alot of doubts about him such as age, injury and suspension. I would be going for grey and hall because at the moment grey looks better than buddy with doubts over hawthorn performing, and i also like hall over zeiball although he is more risky.

Spoony didnt give a question so mine is

Waters covering on the bench + Hodge and Pav OR
Maguire covering on the bench + Duffield and Sylvia

Id say option 1

waters has a spot in the 22 every day of the week, is vice captian after all and our hardest player which we need out there
not so sure on maguire, should play but best cheecking with a brissy supporter
both have missed plenty of footy but on the bench should be fine

hodge should be playing midfield and getting back to his older scores of more recent times
duffield is durable and should score well but plays for freo so could be due to the odd up and down few weeks
hodge is in a better team even with a depleted midfield to start the season..
means more ball for hodge potentially

pav is way ahead of sylvia imo
more durable and should average pretty much the same
can you see sylvia playing 22 ? I cant

(Log in to remove this ad.)

probably selwood
last year selwood totalled 2270
ablett had a grand total of 2257
pretty much the same in the end
but ablett had a great year, winning the brownlow and scoring phenominal in dt
can he do it again or will he suffer the brownlow blues
also with a bit of natural development selwood should improve
so i would say selwood

Im tossing up for a position in my defence atm.
I have $379,500 and the options i'm looking at are out of:

- R.Shaw
- Fisher
- Adcock
- Mackie

Probably leaning towards fisher or mackie.

Id probably go R.Shaw, should be freed up a bit this year with Kennelly and Malcheski back.

Ok Grimes - Fit and will be rotating through the midfield, alot of Melbourne supporters seem to think he could be the best of Trengrove, Scully, Blease, is this the year he steps in to that 100+ Premium bracket?

Duffield - Consistent, durable but he does tend to post some good scores followed by some shockers, then again so do the Dockers...:eek:

So what are your thoughts boys?

Ok Grimes - Fit and will be rotating through the midfield, alot of Melbourne supporters seem to think he could be the best of Trengrove, Scully, Blease, is this the year he steps in to that 100+ Premium bracket?

Not the knowledgeable ones. Scully and Trengove will be better players.

Grimes worries me a little for DT. I've currently got him, but there are durability issues. He's only ever played 12 games and he won't get the amount of marks he was taking in the backline. That said, he scored 136 points the other day against Essendon after a poor match against Freo in Nab 1.

He has the capacity to score very highly, but I also see a few 65 point games.

Goddard, Chapman, Rockliff
V's
Gram, Grey, Tippet?

Option 2 for sure, option one lacks consistency, Chapman unlikely to play 22 games, Rockliff (best 22?????????) vs 3 solid players (Gray, Tippett likely to improve their average this year).

I know this has probably been covered already but

Gray vs Buddy

Option 2 for sure, option one lacks consistency, Chapman unlikely to play 22 games, Rockliff (best 22?????????) vs 3 solid players (Gray, Tippett likely to improve their average this year).

I know this has probably been covered already but

Gray vs Buddy

I can't see how anyone can get Gray. Buddy has the ability to be one of the top 7 forwards at the end, Gray doesn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back