Player X or Player Y (part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Higgins, Ball, Armitage, Reiwoldt, Gray

OR

Pendles, Selwood, Mitchell, Ziebell, Dangerfield????

Thoughts??? :D
second one IMO... amitage and gray could be quite inconsistent... ziebel and danger should shoot up in price

gday guys

sylvia and mitchell or
gibbs and cooney or
mitchell and kornes?

I don't like the look of option 1 because both can pull out a 40. Option 2 looks consistent and option 3 looks like a good mix of consistency and risk. I would probably go option 2 because you know exactly what you are going to get but with Mitchell in red hot form then option 3 is also tempting. My concern is Kornes' possible move up forward.

Medhurst + 40k or Gray? (5th Forward)

Some good justification on your points here mate, but I simply disagree with most of your statements. If Shaw plays predominately midfield this year, can you honestly see him getting a tag? Pendlebury, Didak and Swan are players that have shown that they can change a game from the midfield. Shaw is an unknown quantity in the middle, and I can't see opposition coaches identifying him as the number one man to stop. If he continues to play defence, granted he may receive some attention.

Which leads me to my next point. You've mentioned above that Harbrow is an emerging talent. The Heath Shaw demise all over again, anyone? I noticed towards the end of last year, opposition sides began to focus a bit on Harbrow. Gilbee is evolving more into a midfielder IMO to actually escape the tags he gets in defence, leaving Harbrow to play the link-man role. I'm not saying Harbrow will be dealt with the hard-tag, but he may not be allowed to run as freely as he did towards the latter stages of last season.

For these reasons, I don't think Harbrow is the 'safe option', as he indeed could become a 'yo-yo' player himself.

Oh and to the above question, Podisadly.

Ok, i agree with you as well!

However, i was basing my points purely on the fact that Shaw will be played as a backmen, as he did last night vs the Saints. If he plays Midfield, then by god he would be a great pick! But because he didn't play there last night suggests to me that he still might be that rebounding backmen. Unless i have heard otherwise? Is he going to play Midfield?

In regards to Gilbee moving to the midfield. I highly doubt it. Sure he may go there sometimes, but he is too good of a rebounding player to be put into the midfield which is already stacked with players like Cooney, Griffin, Boyd etc.

I agree somewhat that Harbrow might not be given the freedom that he had last year. But surely no side would be stupid enough to tag Harbrow over Gilbee. And i highly doubt a side would put 2 tags on opposition backmen.

Here is what i believe:
Shaw (as a backmen) < Harbrow
Shaw (as a midfielder) > Harbrow

Ziebell or Medhurst or Hurley? All around the same price, and I can only get one. Will watch Ziebell closely tomorrow, but I did like the way Medhurst played last night, and Hurley did very well last year, his average will definitely improve.

Did an unsuccessful thread search so sorry if mentioned, but P. Davis or Trengove (Port variety)

Same price, will be emergency, but who will get more gametime + has the potential to earn some money.

Ive heard Davis could be an Otten replacement, and also that Trengove will start for Port.
Obviously not a team breaking choice but you need all advantage you can get

Did an unsuccessful thread search so sorry if mentioned, but P. Davis or Trengove (Port variety)

Same price, will be emergency, but who will get more gametime + has the potential to earn some money.

Ive heard Davis could be an Otten replacement, and also that Trengove will start for Port.
Obviously not a team breaking choice but you need all advantage you can get

Neither player was very inspiring during their first match, but I have a feeling Port's side will be easier to break into for Trengove then Adelaide's will be for Davis. Just be wary that Trengove may play round 1 and then get dropped soon after as Chaplin is suspended for the first round or two.

For the moment I'm watching all of the rookie-priced backmen, and I think we may just have to hope a spot comes up for one of them.

Originally Posted by RedFeather
Ziebell or Medhurst or Hurley

tough one. watch ziebell today, primed for midfield time - should score well.

i like medhurst, he scored 68 with limited TOG - only had 11 touches but his marking ability and goal scoring ability is a huge plus as he doesnt need a lot of the ball to score well.

people say that in his good yr in 2008 he had midfield time and this yr, with ball coming in, that he will lose midfield time and thus he wont score well. i disagree with this because in 2008 he played as a forward - lead up HF type role kicking 50-something goals - and this yr he will play a similar role so i think he can score the around the same as 08.

we dont know much about hurley's role coz we didnt get to se him play - so in that way its a bit of a risk.

for me, its out of ziebell and medders. watch ziebell then decide.

ok my turn,
R. Shaw or H.Shaw or S.Fisher or A. Carrazzo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Selwood based to reportadly having a gun pre-season, look our for him this arvo

Danger + 62k

Medhurst + 4k
Shaw or Fisher, they both have good upside and will increase in value

Danger + 62k

OR

Medhurst + 4k

I would go Medhurst due to his higher ceiling.

Broughton + Armitage vs Goddard + Sidebottom

Corey v J.Selwood

Selwood....fantasy footy gun

Petrie (RUCK) vs McIntosh (RUCK)

I know Petrie is suspended for first 2 rounds, that doesn't concern me. Looks like he's going to be playing more of a permanent forward position this year - will this effect his scoring potential?

Will McIntosh be ablee to back up after his best season?

Selwood....fantasy footy gun

Petrie (RUCK) vs McIntosh (RUCK)

I know Petrie is suspended for first 2 rounds, that doesn't concern me. Looks like he's going to be playing more of a permanent forward position this year - will this effect his scoring potential?

Will McIntosh be ablee to back up after his best season?
McIntosh, IMO will explode this year

Selwood +61k

OR

Bartel +30k

Hille is riskier but i still reckon hes got more point potential even though Seaby leading the ruck.

Silly question it may be but....

Goddard v Enright? I want both but I have Shaw, Hodge, Carrazzo as well who i dont wish to trade (was gonna trade Car for Enright)

I have Goddard in the mid for the time being - bad idea?

Boyd v Pendles v J. Selwood

Hayes v Bartel

Sorry for all the questions haha.

I'd prob say the 2nd one.
Enright v Goddard - Goddard more capable of those 120s
Sandi v Cox - Nic Nat will take some points but Sandilands may get you 35 hitouts, yet get 7 possessions. Doesn't take as many marks as he should.
Ziebell v Danger - Medders i am not sold on but can do anything, but i put Ziebell because I would personally choose him. Ziebell probably better than Dangerfield even though I have dangerfield, i dont see him averaging over 65 while Ziebell can prob average 75-80.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back