Player X or Player Y (part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
J selwood Vs Matthew Boyd

One selecton i cant seem to make my mind up on.. Both have simliar handball to kick ratios similar DT game.. similar upside.. simliar price

I do think Boyd could really up the ante this year and do a montagna/hayes where is i feel Selwood is a little to inside a midfielder compared to Boyd.. Needs to have a good day tackling to really hit the bigger scores..

Last year I was making the same decision, from memory they were almost exactly the same price. I chose Selwood and at the end of the year they ended up still almost the same price. At the end of this year it will probably be the same so you probably cant go wrong either way.

O'Keefe didn't play forward last year... common error from people who don't watch the swannies
Barry was great but his discipline etc.
Amon, O'Loughlin- Both over the hill, were great in their time
Goodes- Watch out 2010!

Back to Dt...
Kreuzer and Masten
Or
Mitchell/Boyd and McEvoy
(First ruck is Sandi)

I know I've already done it but my last response was pretty poor so I'd like someone else's thoughts :thumbsu:

I am not convinced Masten is a good pick. he will probably go up, but not by enough to be a mid keeper and not enough to justify as a cash cow. Mitchell/Boyd/Selwood and Pendelbury are all mid keepers with possible upside. kreuzer will probably go up but maybe not by enough to be one of the top 6 ruckmen. McEvoy looks like a pretty strong chance to be a 100K cash cow to then be upgraded to Cox or Clark (along side Sandi).

So the second option :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

atm i have both hunt and ladson. although i would say hunt's position in my team is alot more secure than ladson. they are both similar in the fact they are coming back from two injury riddled seasons last season and are both best 22 when fit and firing in their respective sides. i would say hunt though because he has looked more polished through out the NAB cup while ladson has been a bit shaky. i think clarko will show faith in ladson however and persist with him unless he continues to flop.

my question...

seaby and lance budwood franklin
v
hille and robbie gray

judd + goodes or pendles + cooney

not worried about judd not playing first 3 rounds as im not aiming to win the comp

or do u think there is a better player for goodes price
my midfield is goodes, judd, dal santo, selwoo, trengrove, martin

Hey guys im having trouble deciding between C Cornes and Mackie.

Also trying to decide between Goddard and Selwood. (I know they are diff possys but I can only afford one and a rookie)

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

atm i have both hunt and ladson. although i would say hunt's position in my team is alot more secure than ladson. they are both similar in the fact they are coming back from two injury riddled seasons last season and are both best 22 when fit and firing in their respective sides. i would say hunt though because he has looked more polished through out the NAB cup while ladson has been a bit shaky. i think clarko will show faith in ladson however and persist with him unless he continues to flop.

my question...

seaby and lance budwood franklin
v
hille and robbie gray
seaby and franklin
too much upside for franklin to ignore
little bit of upside for seaby
other combo has way too many durability issues

judd + goodes or pendles + cooney

not worried about judd not playing first 3 rounds as im not aiming to win the comp

or do u think there is a better player for goodes price
my midfield is goodes, judd, dal santo, selwoo, trengrove, martin
id put goodes in the forward line
but personally i think pendles cooney is a better combo than judd goodes anyway
try and fit goodes in the forward line and then get pendles in your mids

Hey guys im having trouble deciding between C Cornes and Mackie.

Also trying to decide between Goddard and Selwood. (I know they are diff possys but I can only afford one and a rookie)

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
mackie due to durability
cornes looks like he is going to play purely in a CHB role. will still score well but has had a bad run with injuries in the past few years
mackie is young and playing for geelong so will always at the very least get a mediocre score
port should be on the decline despite nab results so far

Ball or McLean?

Both basically the same price and coming off below par seasons. Both in about the same place in the pecking order at their respective clubs (ie. wont get a tag). I'm not sure who has the higher ceiling and whose more likely to get it.

Ball or McLean?

Both basically the same price and coming off below par seasons. Both in about the same place in the pecking order at their respective clubs (ie. wont get a tag). I'm not sure who has the higher ceiling and whose more likely to get it.

id go ball, but then again i dont know much about mclean. Ball just shows more potential being with collingwoods midfield

Which would be better?

Kennely and Cooney

or

Ladson and Lewis

Biggy I reckon Ladson and Lewis. Ladsen is cheaper than Kennely and I think has more upside. Cooney is a great player but not sure if he is a great dreamteamer. Whereas Lewis has a great dreamteam game and is coming off a season where was not 100%. He could increase a fair bit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ladson hasn't missed a beat and has trained well by all reports however he is still being carefully managed and it seems they are still monitoring his workload. IMO he has more upside because he has proven that 'when fit' can provide some good scores as a backline player he has also averaged more the Kennelly in the past.

Lewis has apparently had his best pre-season to date and has worked very hard on the track, he's dropped weight and seems 'switched on' this year. However he does have a poor record at the tribunal. I would think if he can contain his aggression he could be a valuable DT this year.

Kennelly whilst not setting the world on fire provides some great run out of defense and will rise in value this season as he is under priced. The problem that presents itself is will he get the forward tag? my guess is he will, as his delivery by hand and foot is better then his fellow backmen and he sets-up a lot of forward thrusts. He's just to dangerous to let run free.

Cooney I don't have much faith in, however he is playing in a very good team and may not consistently get a tag with all the other talent running around for the WBD

I think we have all seen when players are in a team where they are well supported by there fellow players that good things happen.

I agree with Moogs - Coons and Ladson have hypes of upside!

My question is: (not on NAB form please....if its possible :p)

Kennelly and Medhurst OR Malchski and Ballantyne

thx!

I need a defender that is under $252k. Currently I'm going with Suban but I'm considering Malceski or anyone around that price mark.

I agree with Moogs - Coons and Ladson have hypes of upside!

My question is: (not on NAB form please....if its possible :p)

Kennelly and Medhurst OR Malchski and Ballantyne

thx!

Malceski: Lakey91 has taken the time to provided some very good points on this fellow. If you were seriously considering him I would read the following discussion.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=591301&page=2

Ballantyne: Make no mistake this guy has a lot of talent and is more then capable of kicking regular goals, I had this guy last year and was disappointed when he was injured. He works hard and is keen as mustard to make up for last year. Although I really rate the guy a lot of DTeamers have noted that he may not get the supply that would be beneficial to regular solid scores personally I would watch this guy closely.

Malceski and Balla for me.

Hey guys

Just got a couple spots where im undecided on which way to go..

webberly or maguire ( suban, kennely and hunt - last 3)

kruezer or tippet

in another scenario

tippet or gray

I need a defender that is under $252k. Currently I'm going with Suban but I'm considering Malceski or anyone around that price mark.

Malceski is a much better option, flying this pre season and has the potential to average you 75+ points, Suban in his 2nd year and not a great scorer anyway..

Gia or Higgins for 4th forward spot?

DEF: Hodge MID: McVeigh FWD: Higgins

OR

DEF: Malceski MID: Ball FWD: Goodes

Which option do you think is better?

I would go with the backline. Ball won't average that much more than McVeigh while Hodge will average a lot more than Malceski. Higgins and Goodes are about even, but I prefer Higgins anyway. Never really liked Goodes as a dt player.

Malceski + Armatige

or

Waters + K.Kornes/Anthony/Watson/Prismall/Cross - Which one?

I also allready have Kennelly and Hunt so Waters is risky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back