Player X vs Player Y Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of that choice I'd go O'Keefe and Franklin. Unsure on O'Keefe's preseason status though, think he's been injured and will only resume full training over the next couple of weeks. I think Goodes will start to decline and his scoring will suffer. Very inconsistent last year after being thrown around and up forward. Really to be honest though, I'm not in love with either of those Sydney options.

Disagree, he can destroy by playing in the midfield and having marking superiority, I'd rate him more than you are suggesting.

Disagree, he can destroy by playing in the midfield and having marking superiority, I'd rate him more than you are suggesting.

Has it been stated he's going to be playing more midfield this year rather than as a KPF?

Odd midfield to be honest..

What are sidbottom, martin and scully in there for..?
I wouldn't say they are cash cows, as they won't go up much in value..

Are you hoping they become keepers..? as they are certainly long ways off that..?

Personally, downgrade one of them to a rookie, either martin or scully..
Probably Martin, and Upgrade Steele Sidebottom to a premium.

Swan, Judd, Bartel, Scully, Swallow, Mzungu ??

good luck buddy..
Thanks for your opinion i know put in Bennell (I know that he will miss the first round but im hoping my other rookies will cover it) and I upgraded to D.Swann in my midfield.

What are peoples thoughts on L.Shuey ? Any W.C fans?

Houli vs Adcock

Wait for it.... neither - Far better safer options

Krakouer vs Knights (for 6th forward spot).

Anyone???

Knights by a fair margin. I'm hoping he is right to go Round 1

Here is a tough one, so you have to think about this guys and gals;
O'Keefe and Franklin
or
Goodes and Rioli?

I've personally gone with Rioli and given all the others the boot.

Cox and Sylvia/Higgins/Morton

OR

Leuenberger and Didak

Top option, would be staying clear of Morton though, I don't think he will be the 100 point keeper that you should b looking for, whereas Sylvia and Higgins have the potential should they stay fit

My latest one...
Foley and Adcock VS. Broughton and Gaff

Far too risky - not worth it

Selwood and Pendles or Swan and Bartel??

Same is same, really. I found it tough to leave one of Pendles or Swan out but ended up leaving Pendles out. Similarly with Murphy and Judd - With the byes you can't afford two premiums out in your midfield. Especially if you have Gibbs down back

Thanks for your opinion i know put in Bennell (I know that he will miss the first round but im hoping my other rookies will cover it) and I upgraded to D.Swann in my midfield.

What are peoples thoughts on L.Shuey ? Any W.C fans?

Shuey should play most games this year, was very unlucky last year with Gastro or Glandular (cant remember exactly which one). Playing style suits supercoach, so he should improve on last year, how much he improves is the questions. At an awkward price of 323K which means you would really need him to be averaging high 80's at least to be a cash cow or keeper. Can see his price rising to mid 400K, but not much beyond that this year. Probably better to save some cash and go a rookie or spend a little more and get a premium. This wont be the year Shuey steps up.

Mitch Wallis vs. Jared Polec? (If Wallis starts round 1)

Polec. More chance to stay in the team after round 1.

Similar Q: Gaff & C.Beams/ Polec & Curnow?

Gaff and Polec are about on parr with each other. Beams will play more than Curnow, and I expect that Beams will score better.

R. Tarrant, Scully & $170k vs Coad & Hodge :confused:

If Hodge starts the season 100% take him at what ever cost. Robbie Tarrant could be awesome, but his shoulder is flimsy and could go at any moment. Coad looks like a solid player, and should play most games at a decent level. I'm not convince that Scully will become a premium this year which means at some point your going to upgrade him. Why wait?

Go Hodge and Coad.

Duigan vs Coad.

Really?

Can we at least wait till the end of the Nab Cup/Challenge before we try and nitpick at rookies?

I'd have about 25 on my short list atm, I'm not even bothering with them until the teams are read out before round 1.

Yes.

Can we at least wait till the end of the Nab Cup/Challenge before we try and nitpick at rookies?

You can do whatever you want, I'll do as I please if you don't mind.

I'd have about 25 on my short list atm, I'm not even bothering with them until the teams are read out before round 1.

Really? Here I was thinking you could have not answered simply by not replying.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shuey should play most games this year, was very unlucky last year with Gastro or Glandular (cant remember exactly which one). Playing style suits supercoach, so he should improve on last year, how much he improves is the questions. At an awkward price of 323K which means you would really need him to be averaging high 80's at least to be a cash cow or keeper. Can see his price rising to mid 400K, but not much beyond that this year. Probably better to save some cash and go a rookie or spend a little more and get a premium. This wont be the year Shuey steps up.

Mitch Wallis vs. Jared Polec? (If Wallis starts round 1)
Go Polec, it will be easier for him to break into the squad as bulldogs have greater depth in their midfield. He looks as though he will play more games and will do better than Wallis, in saying that I have both in my team.

Yes.

You can do whatever you want, I'll do as I please if you don't mind.

Really? Here I was thinking you could have not answered simply by not replying.
He makes a very good point is that there is no reason to get to that level of precision in your team yet where the last rookie spot or equivalent is filled.

The preseason period is only one match old and there is still over a month until the real stuff starts. Even if someone did convince you to select a certain rookie at this stage, more than likely your plan would be thrown out the window come the naming of the Round 1 teams.

He makes a very good point is that there is no reason to get to that level of precision in your team yet where the last rookie spot or equivalent is filled.

The preseason period is only one match old and there is still over a month until the real stuff starts. Even if someone did convince you to select a certain rookie at this stage, more than likely your plan would be thrown out the window come the naming of the Round 1 teams.

Yeah, I didn't get to see either game so was interested in who people thought was better. Otherwise you're right, there is absolutely no need to select any players at this stage, this thread is redundant.

Yeah, I didn't get to see either game so was interested in who people thought was better. Otherwise you're right, there is absolutely no need to select any players at this stage, this thread is redundant.
No not redundant at all. For most non-rookies, we know what role they will play, we know their history and we know their price. Apart from an injury before Round 1, we can make a pretty accurate judgement call on them now.

As for the rookies, we don't know their potential role and they have no history. It is a different story for them.

No not redundant at all. For most non-rookies, we know what role they will play, we know their history and we know their price. Apart from an injury before Round 1, we can make a pretty accurate judgement call on them now.

As for the rookies, we don't know their potential role and they have no history. It is a different story for them.

Fair enough, I'll leave you guys to continue asking and answering questions about players you already know about. :rolleyes:

Fair enough, I'll leave you guys to continue asking and answering questions about players you already know about. :rolleyes:
I hope you mean "you" (plural). Because I certainly don't know about every existing player in the competition. But pooling our resources as a board we know a fair bit.

Look, put in Duigan for now. Watch the matches this week, and the week after, and the week after that. Read the match reports. Scan the club boards. Check the DT/SC scores.

Then if you are still happy with Duigan, check to see if he is named Round 1 (you won't get that chance with Gold Coast rookies).

Then pick him.

Ok guys, can I get a little help please?

Pendlebury,Grimes,Krakouer,Higgens,Polec + 194k
VS
Didak,Otten,Chapman,Dangerfield,Gaff + 80k

All this just to get Grimes in the side *sigh*.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back