Player X vs Player Y Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Pez

What rookie defenders are good options?

Have Hibberd in the mids, who else?

Currently, Duigan, Puopolo, Coad, Heppell, Strauss. Any advice here?

We have to wait and see with the rookies. The only ones in the backs that look like they will get regular spots so far is Heppell, Duigan and the GC players.

Selwood and Cyril

or

Bartel and Buddy

I would take Bartel and Buddy.

Bartel is a super coach gun, had a down year last year and still managed to average over 100. His time in the midfield will increase and so should his scores. Buddy is the same, when fit he can destroy teams, with Hawthorns midfield looking sharp the delivery into Buddy will improve. Cant imagine his scores will drop off from last year.

But to be honest, either choice would be great, its a good dilemma to have :p

Selwood and Cyril

or

Bartel and Buddy
Selwood & Cyril for me.

Rioli is rumored to be playing more midfield and Selwood should be getting the points Ablett once got.

Then saying that, if you wanted to take a bit more of a risk then you could go Bartel/Buddy. Just rather Rioli over Buddy as he's less likely to get suspended and give away stupid frees and piss me off all the time. And I think there's more upside to Selwood over Bartel this year.

Selwood & Cyril for me.

Rioli is rumored to be playing more midfield and Selwood should be getting the points Ablett once got.

Then saying that, if you wanted to take a bit more of a risk then you could go Bartel/Buddy. Just rather Rioli over Buddy as he's less likely to get suspended and give away stupid frees and piss me off all the time. And I think there's more upside to Selwood over Bartel this year.

I cant see Rioli spending that much more time in the midfield, didn't he state in an interview that his role in the midfield will remain minimal, and he will just be a part of general rotations? Most indications over the pre season are that he will more likely be playing out of half back rotating through the middle but no more than usual.

Not sure if this player has been discussed on here before apologize in advance if it has, but I'd just like to hear peoples opinion on Adam Goodes currently worth 460,000 in SC what do you guys think? Yes, no? too much, too little? Better options in that position. At first I had ROK in that position but swapped him around as I didn't see ROK in the pre-season games for Sydney.

Did anyone see the Swans/Pies game, and if so, did Goodes play up forward most of the game like he did in Round 1? That's my big concern over Goodes, because if he doesn't get out of the forward line he's not going to score well.

Edit: Just found this on TS: "Adam Goodes spent the game playing deep up forward, though he did manage 14 touches and 3.2."

Not touching Goodes, and not recommending anyone touch him until he gets out of the forward line.

1. Yarran

or

Higgins

2. Mumford

or

Cox

Yarran is a tough one this preseason as he looks to move to the backline. No one really knows how he will score there.

Higgins promises every preseason, than inevitably gets injured every season so its a high risk pick for me, but feel its a better option that Yarran at the moment.

I would also go Cox over Mummy as apparently he is having a big preseason, but we are yet to see how much time he will lose to Nic Nat in the ruck this year..... I would go Cox....

A.Krakour Vs C.Knights......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yarran is a tough one this preseason as he looks to move to the backline. No one really knows how he will score there.

Higgins promises every preseason, than inevitably gets injured every season so its a high risk pick for me, but feel its a better option that Yarran at the moment.

I would also go Cox over Mummy as apparently he is having a big preseason, but we are yet to see how much time he will lose to Nic Nat in the ruck this year..... I would go Cox....

A.Krakour Vs C.Knights......

i got shafted!!!!!

hodge + hayes + harvey (for)

or

Burgoyne + dal or montagna + duncan (for)

I'd take the first. Three premiums > two, and Harvey at least has the potential to be one.

dangerfield and higgins for me, use deledio in the backline... petrie will miss 2 of first 3...

cox & franklin vs jolly & chapman ???

This is a tough one. . . .

Cox looked sensational Vs the young Gold Coast rucks i'm gonna watch his game against COllingwood next week for a more reliable form guide. . .

Jolly should play for Collingwood against West Coast next week . . . Jolly was a slow starter for Collingwood but really found his place and form towards the end of the year

Chappy in my eyes is a must. . . Had such a consistent year last year SC wise . . . the risk comes with the new Geelong game plan whether this will effect his scores. . .

Buddy is always tempting. . . can get MASSIVE scores and I really think Hawthorn will be in the top 4 this year. . . with an impressive midfield he should have plenty of opportunities to score big bags!!! (And he's exciting to watch)

For me the safe option would be Chappy and Jolly. . . .

But if your a risk taker, there could be some big rewards from the Cox, Franklin combo. . . they should both improve from last years averages. . . .

Ok my questions is a little different, we run our own supercoach comp with a live draft and are allowed 4 retentions every year. . . .

Who should I keep out of Malceski, B.Sewell, J.McVeigh, D.Cox, T.Boak

Im thinking T.Boak at this stage because of his age he could turn into something great? Thoughts?

Mumford + Burgoyne
Or
Jolly + Cross

If I go with the first option my rucks will be sandi + mummy.
Both freo and Sydney have their byes when no league matches are played meaning I may not have to use my bench rucks at all as league win is my no 1 aim

Mumford + Burgoyne
Or
Jolly + Cross

If I go with the first option my rucks will be sandi + mummy.
Both freo and Sydney have their byes when no league matches are played meaning I may not have to use my bench rucks at all as league win is my no 1 aim

Probably option 1 with the league win on the agenda..

Mine is

Judd and Dangerfield (fwd)
vs
Murphy and Higgins (fwd)

Marc Murphy (m) & Petrie (r)

VS

Liam Anthony (m) & Jolly (r)

IMO Murphy and Petrie..

Murphy is likely to have a breakout season HOWEVER, your risk is with Petrie.. He's accepted a one match ban for rd 1 and North have a bye in rd 3 - so with that in mind you'd need to have a solid option for a ruck substitute.

Value in $$'s increasing is better with Murph and Petrie too over the course of the season. Jolly has been a slow starter so far.

I have my own conundrum - hoping someone can help?

Riewoldt vs Chapman.

Do I take Chap (possible injury concern given his age) or Riewoldt (following recent scandals). I can use the extra $$'s I'd save buying the Saints man to upgrade my ruck region.

.. and to add one more confusing one to my last post.

If you were to pick a GC Back reserve with only $130k would you pick:

K. Hunt or S. Tape ?

Surely Hunt will get games given his status as an NRL player, but will the guy be able to actually touch the ball? He wasn't given good raps from the weekend.

And what about Tape? I've heard his name bandied around but know next to nothing of him.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hello all....quick question! Which set up should i go with?

Currently I have - Broughton (Def), Duffield (Def), Deledio (Mid), Goodes (Fwd)

Was thinking of swapping to Deledio (Def), One of Broughton or Duffield (Def), Goodes (Mid) & Bringing in Sylvia (Fwd).

Which set up looks better? Which one of Duffield or Broughton should I keep?

IMO Murphy and Petrie..

Murphy is likely to have a breakout season HOWEVER, your risk is with Petrie.. He's accepted a one match ban for rd 1 and North have a bye in rd 3 - so with that in mind you'd need to have a solid option for a ruck substitute.

Value in $$'s increasing is better with Murph and Petrie too over the course of the season. Jolly has been a slow starter so far.

I have my own conundrum - hoping someone can help?

Riewoldt vs Chapman.

Do I take Chap (possible injury concern given his age) or Riewoldt (following recent scandals). I can use the extra $$'s I'd save buying the Saints man to upgrade my ruck region.

Take Riewoldt, I think he is likely to score just as well as Chappy this year so the extra cash you save by taking him will potentially be of benefit to you.

Heppell + Anthony

or

Grimes + Harris

Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back