Player X vs Player Y Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Take Riewoldt, I think he is likely to score just as well as Chappy this year so the extra cash you save by taking him will potentially be of benefit to you.

Heppell + Anthony

or

Grimes + Harris

Thoughts?
I like Grimes & Harris myself. Then saying that I like Heppell the most out of that lot. I.e I'd be picking in this order:

1. Heppell
2. Grimes
3. Harris
4. Anthony

Heppell + Anthony

or

Grimes + Harris

Thoughts?

Thanks MainMan,

This one's a toughy - Grimes and Heppell in the one combo?!

Grimes played great preseason footy and everyone in the media is rating him, provided he doesn't suffer any injuries. Should get PLENTY of game time otherwise and play a crucial role for Melbourne.

At $150k Heppell is a steal. Essendon love him and he got a ridiculous score in one of his NAB cup appearences. He is also a mid, so putting him in the backline might increase his score.

It's a coin toss.

My last dilemma:

If you were to pick a GC Back reserve with only $130k would you pick:

Hunt or Tape ?

Note: I've already got Toy and can't afford Krak.

Hunt or Tape ?

You most likely haven't got a response because its a rather irrelevant question. Just sit back, relax and wait till round 1 for the sides.

Why are you restricting yourself to GC players anyway?

You most likely haven't got a response because its a rather irrelevant question. Just sit back, relax and wait till round 1 for the sides.

Why are you restricting yourself to GC players anyway?
Although we won't get the Gold Coast side in Round 1.

My last dilemma:

Hunt or Tape ?

GC backs are doing my head in a bit too, though Hunt doesn't really enter the equation it must be said.

Currently it's Toy and Coad, though Tape seems to be coming into calculation late, and I think Danny Stanley could be a great POD pick.

Which two?

GC backs are doing my head in a bit too, though Hunt doesn't really enter the equation it must be said.

Currently it's Toy and Coad, though Tape seems to be coming into calculation late, and I think Danny Stanley could be a great POD pick.

Which two?
id choose toy and coad

enright and pendles and boyd
vs
swan and grimes and pavlich??

here's one i've been struggling on:

Montagna + Bartel

or

Swan + Kennedy + $50,000

Keeping in mind I also have Goddard and Riewoldt in my team, which makes me think 3 premiums from one team might be too much.

Thoughts???

id choose toy and coad

enright and pendles and boyd
vs
swan and grimes and pavlich??

Enright, Pendles and Boyd for sure.

Enright and grimes will be in the same scoring range, but Enright doesn't carry as big a risk with injury as Grimes.
Pendlebury and Swan will also be in the same bracket (assuming the interchange rule will reduce Swan's capabilties of shaking a tag).
Boyd will outscore Pavlich without to much hassle this year, is a model of consistency, very rarely misses a game, and now that he is captain you can expect him to increase his output even more.

The only thing I haven't really considered in the MPP aspect of Pav, but given the stocks available I am assuming that you have other MPP options.

Montagna + Bartel

or

Swan + Kennedy + $50,000

Keeping in mind I also have Goddard and Riewoldt in my team, which makes me think 3 premiums from one team might be too much.

Thoughts???

Given that you already have Goddard and Reiwoldt, I would stay away from Joey. Swan will score huge, and Kennedy has plenty of potential. Provided you aren't taking any other risks with player potential through your mids, I would say the Swan and Kennedy would be a good option. Just keep your fingers crossed that Kennedy has the breakout year that so many are hoping for.

Cotchin vs Kennedy (syd)

Kennedy. Seems to be the favourite for 2011 break out star. Should push into the midfield more, hopefully his scores will reflect that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Montagna + Bartel

or

Swan + Kennedy + $50,000

Thoughts???

of the 2 options I would go Montagna and Bartel but you surely must find a way to get Swan in, he should be a perma captain in every team.

Ive got a couple:

ROK v Mcglynn

Prestia v Bennell

of the 2 options I would go Montagna and Bartel but you surely must find a way to get Swan in, he should be a perma captain in every team.

Ive got a couple:

ROK v Mcglynn

Prestia v Bennell

ROK, as he has a bigger ceiling, plus I think Mcglynn got under the radar of most teams last year so I don't see him averaging any more this year. Realistically though you will get similar scores out of both.

Your other query is an unknown, probably comes down to personal preference but I would go Prestia as I think he is likely to get higher numbers early on.

Chapman + Krakouer

or

Didak + Astbury + 30k

Thoughts?

Enright, Pendles and Boyd for sure.

Enright and grimes will be in the same scoring range, but Enright doesn't carry as big a risk with injury as Grimes.
Pendlebury and Swan will also be in the same bracket (assuming the interchange rule will reduce Swan's capabilties of shaking a tag).
Boyd will outscore Pavlich without to much hassle this year, is a model of consistency, very rarely misses a game, and now that he is captain you can expect him to increase his output even more.

The only thing I haven't really considered in the MPP aspect of Pav, but given the stocks available I am assuming that you have other MPP options.
Honestly I would say the complete opposite haha.

Enright has been having a horrible preseason but is consistently on the track whereas Grimes has huge upside and having a great preseason, but has never managed more than 14 games in a season. So as far as comparing the two, it depends what kind of SC player you are (personally I have both in my team at this stage).

I don't think Pendles is in Swan's league as a SC player (mind you I think Pendles is a better player in real life), only Goddard is in Swan's league this season.

And Boyd vs Pavlich, really two masters of consistency, couldn't go wrong with either, but ideally you'd want Pav in your forward line (better options in the midfield).

So the way I see it, it's a choice of Swan (elite) and Grimes (risk) vs Pendles (star but not Swan's SC level) and Enright (consistent but might struggle). Personally I'd go the first option.

I don't think Pendles is in Swan's league as a SC player (mind you I think Pendles is a better player in real life), only Goddard is in Swan's league this season.

I'm in the same boat. I would much prefer to have Pendles in there because I love the way he plays, but this year with the byes it's only one pie in the middle until Round 13 at least.

petrie + didak, or swap didak out for mitch duncan and upgrade petrie to cox

petrie + didak, or swap didak out for mitch duncan and upgrade petrie to cox

Get Cox, Didak wont be going up, will be lucky to stay even.

sylvia vs harvey

Harvey for sure, just way more consistent plus he is the captain of his team.

I have been toying with the idea of upgrading my 5th forward (Knights) to one of the below -

ROK :rolleyes: (Getting on a bit? Could be used as a tagger?)
Higgins :eek: (Injury prone but tearing it up pre season)
J.Brown :confused: (Only real target up forward with Fevola gone and could get triple teamed)

Which is the best option do you think? :eek:

I have no Lion players at the moment, one doggy and one swan player.

The smiley icons are back in full force for 2011 baby. :D:thumbsu:

Judd_Magic, that's quite a difficult one, but i'd go for RO'K in the hope he won't be used as a tagger and can get back to his pre-2010 form. The one thing he has over the other 2 is that he is durable and doesn't get injured much. Brown's top end is absolutely brilliant, but can have plenty of really quite games as well. Higgins is fairly consistent, but there are question marks over whether or not he can last a season. Even 15 games seems to be a struggle. For me, RO'K just. Followed by Brown and then Higgins.

franklin + z.smith
or
rioli + petrie

petrie will be R3

Hodge vs Judd?

Hodge will go into Round 1 with zero pre-season practice and from all accounts he won't be playing the same sweeping, 'quarterback' role that he did last year.

He's still a gun but even as a Hawthorn supporter I've opted for Judd at this stage.

I'm looking for an opinion for my last player: a cheap-ish 'improver' forward:

J, Roughead vs Dangerfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back