Player X vs Player Y Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hodge will go into Round 1 with zero pre-season practice and from all accounts he won't be playing the same sweeping, 'quarterback' role that he did last year.

He's still a gun but even as a Hawthorn supporter I've opted for Judd at this stage.

I'm looking for an opinion for my last player: a cheap-ish 'improver' forward:

J, Roughead vs Dangerfield.

Dangerfield. Roughead is way to inconsist. Dangerfield look's set to have a big year this year. If you have Franklin in your team already def no to Roughead.

Didak or Pav?

I've just traded Didak out and Pav in.

It's a little bit of personal prejudice but I think as great as Didak is I'd always be holding my breath each week hoping that he didn't fall into a funk. Also, if Alan can reproduce the same level of quality that he did last year, I'd be surprised.

In my mind Pav is just more reliable which is why he resides in my side over Dids.

Pav or dangerfield?

Hodge or boyd?

Dangerfield is a bad joke.

Hodge or Boyd is a matter of choice - I am going Hodgey! Boyd is a DT'er!

Dangerfield is a bad joke.

Hodge or Boyd is a matter of choice - I am going Hodgey! Boyd is a DT'er!

Was going dangerfield as i already have
Champman, N. Riewoldt, Franklin, Pavlich, Sylvia, Matera, C. Richardson (Darling, I. Smith, Callinan) in my FWD

thought I could downgrade OPav and improve my MID

which atm has

Swan, Hodge, Murphy, Swallow, Gaff, Mzungu (Atly, Wallis, Hibberd)

Ive taken a risk with the 3 rookies with the money I get from Pav I thought I could upgrade one, thats If i down grade Hogde to boyd of course, or if you have any other mids in mind I could down grade to.

Was going dangerfield as i already have
Champman, N. Riewoldt, Franklin, Pavlich, Sylvia, Matera, C. Richardson (Darling, I. Smith, Callinan) in my FWD

thought I could downgrade Oav and im prove my MID

which atm has

Swan, Hodge, Murphy, Swallow, Gaff, Mzungu (Atly, Wallis, Hibberd)

Ive taken a risk with the 3 rookies with the money I get from Pav I thought I could upgrade one, thats If i down grade Hogde to boyd of course, or if you have any other mids in mind I could down grade to.

Higgins instead of Pav? Anyone but Dangerfield unless you love risk.

As for the Midfield - skipping over Harris @ 125k is crazy talk! You can risk your mids at the start on rookies if you want then trade up - I think it is quite doable this year with GC providing Harris/Swallow then you have Heppell, Atly, Wallis, Mzungu, Liba etc etc.

Thanks for the heads up with harris, so down graded Pav and put in higgins and will probs risk the 3 rookies in the middle

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hurn + Gaff

or

Grimes + Polec

Thoughts?

Grimes and Polec. Although Grimes presents a risk with injuries, he could become a top back man with a full season. I liked the look of Polec in the pre season, looked very comfortable.

Boyd + Waite

or

Montagna + Higgins

Montagna and higgins hands down. But it depends on the rest of your team. If you have Goddard and Riewoldt, Montagna might not look as inviting.
There is alot of risk involved in Waite, he is injury prone and finds it very easy to get suspended.

Montagna and higgins hands down. But it depends on the rest of your team. If you have Goddard and Riewoldt, Montagna might not look as inviting.
There is alot of risk involved in Waite, he is injury prone and finds it very easy to get suspended.

Monty and Higgins

Hurn and polec
or
Myers and Rohan

I would have told him to choose different players altogether.

I don;t think anyone can afford a Saint in their midfield with Goodard and Roo in their side and there are far better options than Higgins and Waite IMO

I don;t think anyone can afford a Saint in their midfield with Goodard and Roo in their side and there are far better options than Higgins and Waite IMO

I don't get why having Goddard and Riewoldt in your team would impact upon having a Saints player in your midfield. Assuming you've got no MPP links, any sub for Montagna/NDS/Hayes is going to come from a completely different bench to that for Goddard or Riewoldt.

I don't get why having Goddard and Riewoldt in your team would impact upon having a Saints player in your midfield. Assuming you've got no MPP links, any sub for Montagna/NDS/Hayes is going to come from a completely different bench to that for Goddard or Riewoldt.

You will be missing 3 of the best scorers for two weeks of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back