Player X vs Player Y Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

warnock or seaby as 2nd ruck ???? have 300 000

Warnock was in good form. But I would recommend getting more $$$ as there are two stand out rucks this year and two alone...

Tough one. Dal Santo + Knights for me. If you can get Montagna. Scores better and can get some massive scores

Hurley v R Murphy? Or neither?

Tough one. Dal Santo + Knights for me. If you can get Montagna. Scores better and can get some massive scores

Hurley v R Murphy? Or neither?

Hurley for mine. Murphy gets overrated every year. Sometimes gets good scores. But Hurley should be a good option. I had him until I decided on Rodney Dangerfield.

Jared Polec Vs Hibberd

I decided to get rid of Polec, because I brought Irons in the midfield and put Heppell in the backline. And needed to have a mpp. I'm kinda thinking Hibberd will go up as much as Polec.

Any thoughts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

sylvia vs harvey

Sylvia for mine, could be a break out season. Been saying it for a few years but might be right this year when I say that Harvey will start to decline.

I know this is hard to give an opinion on at this stage but:

Coad vs Toy

Already got Duigan and puopolo

All Forwards v All Forwards, I have 1.488m to spend on 3 Forwards I already have N. Riewoldt, Franklin and Sylvia.

In other words, you want someone to pick your forward line for you.
Precisely.

But seriously I'm stuck on what is a good combo and how much spare cash to keep etc.

Sylvia for mine, could be a break out season. Been saying it for a few years but might be right this year when I say that Harvey will start to decline.

I know this is hard to give an opinion on at this stage but:

Coad vs Toy

Already got Duigan and puopolo

Not sure but would like to add another one to the mix of GC defenders

Coad vs Toy vs Stanley

Not sure but would like to add another one to the mix of GC defenders

Coad vs Toy vs Stanley
I like Stanley (Danny, not Jack) a more Mature body compared to the other two and has been in the AFL system for 5 years now (3 with the Pies an 2 with GC) he is virtually guaranteed 22 games and probably in the midfield.

My current defence is:
Goddard, Gibbs, Gilbert, Grimes, Otten, Heppell, Puopolo (Toy, Tape, Duigan)

And I'm considering the following:
IN: Delidio and Menzel
Out: Gibbs and Tape and $130,000

Thoughts?

Cyril and Cross

Buddy is a reknowned slow starter, so perhaps go with Cyril who I think is set for a break out year and average over the magical 100 points per game mark, after averaging 94 last year.

I disagree, I do think that Rioli will average 100+ and will be one of the top 7 scoring forwards, but if Franklin avoids suspension he will be a top 5 scorer overall, I see him averaging 115-125 this year. I also believe that Boyd will average as much if not more than Cross.

Grimes + Anthony/Cotchin

or

Otten + Montagna

I disagree, I do think that Rioli will average 100+ and will be one of the top 7 scoring forwards, but if Franklin avoids suspension he will be a top 5 scorer overall, I see him averaging 115-125 this year. I also believe that Boyd will average as much if not more than Cross.

Grimes + Anthony/Cotchin

or

Otten + Montagna

First 3 rounds

(2010) 67, 74, 98
(2009) 107, 72, 74
(2008) 107, 65, 86
(2007) 73, 52, 83

I just think that with the bigger boys, he may struggle early.

Franklin has averaged 77 over his career against Adelaide, the 97 he averages against an improving Melbourne looks promising, whilst he is there abouts with a 96 average against the lowly Tigers.

According to the tooserious.net website, entering his averages into the salary calculator roughly estimates that Franklins price will drop from $522,900 to $488,665. That $33,635 could be the diference between getting a Josh Kennedy (Sydney) who may average around 100 points per game, whilst with the $33,635 could get you a very good midfielder that has also dropped in price.

As for your question, go Grimes & Anthony, both have the potential to be keepers IMO, whilst Otten is potentially going to be a cash cow for most teams, unless he can average 80 +.

My turn now, downgraded Robbie Tarrant to Paul Puopolo, would like to upgrade Liam Anthony to a midfielder less than $488,600.

At the moment, I am thinking of Pavlich, Harvey, Scott Thompson (adelaide) then a host of players less than 400K (Sidebottom, J.Kennedy [Sydney], obviously Liam Anthony).

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back