Player X vs Player Y Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What am I missing with Puopolo? I don't have Otten but I get the attraction with him. Puopolo I don't understand at all and 70% of teams have him. I suspect when teams are named in round 1 he will be removed from most of those teams...

HFF_07 I think downgrading to Puopolo or similar to get Pav for Anthony would be a good idea....

Im in a bit of strife with this decision:
Hodge, Chapman(fwd) and Petrie(ruck)
or
Boyd, Rioli and Cox
Only problem is I have Buddy already in the forward line, will it make that much of a difference? Im going for a league win... Cheers

HFF_07 I think downgrading to Puopolo or similar to get Pav for Anthony would be a good idea....

or
Boyd, Rioli and Cox
Only problem is I have Buddy already in the forward line, will it make that much of a difference? Im going for a league win... Cheers
2nd option definitely, especially as you said you're going for league wins.

Hodge and Chapman are both under big injury clouds as to whether they'll be right to go round 1, and maybe even be eased into it, and Cox is a much better option than Petrie. In saying that I'd still look at fitting Petrie in somewhere.

Having Rioli and Buddy isn't an issue for the first bye as it's a multi bye, but it'll mean you need to cover them both later in the year.

I am stuck between Gwilt and R. Murphy. Not sure which way to go. I think Gwilt will have a breakout year but if Murphy's body holds up he is a better player. Thoughts?

or
Boyd, Rioli and Cox

Thanks buddy

Just for the record

OUT: Brett Deledio (Defender), Liam Anthony (Midfielder), Robbie Tarrant (Defender)

IN: Brett Deledio (Midfielder), Corey Enright (Defender), Paul Puopolo (Defender)

Not completely sold on Enright at all tbh, think that the cats decline are starting which would mean Cats players (Enright included) begin to drop in values, is there better value players in the backs that could be keepers?

If I trade out Enright, I would have $488,600 left to pick any defender I want. Could Chris Newman be an option? pereniall supercoach great, Heath Scotland? really not sold on many of the premium options this year in the backs! in fact, not sold on many of the premiums across the board as teams are keeping there hand close to there chest this pre season.

Rookie and Judd for sure.

Yarran vs Ward

Montagna Vs Dal
Broughton vs Duffield
Grimes vs Bock
Knights vs Krakour

Thoughts ??

It's pretty hard to do because four different options will affect your team in a big way.

In terms of scoring here goes:

Montagna
Broughton
Grimes
Krakouer (at least you know he will play)

It's pretty hard to do because four different options will affect your team in a big way.

In terms of scoring here goes:

Montagna
Broughton
Grimes
Krakouer (at least you know he will play)

Yeah hes pretty much got it in one, thats the way id go if i were you.

Mine is: 2 of Dangerfield Yarran Sylvia and Gray

Atm iv got yarran and sylvia
Cheers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah hes pretty much got it in one, thats the way id go if i were you.

Mine is: 2 of Dangerfield Yarran Sylvia and Gray

Atm iv got yarran and sylvia
Cheers
Sylvia is probably the only one who you can safely say will probably score 80+ on a consistent basis. On pure talent i think there all absolute potential stars. I'd stay away from Gray this year because of injury let him string 10 games together before you go there. Yarran is a hard one he could fire playing loose across half back or get tagged out of it so again i think he's one you leave. Dangerfield if he plays midfield could be the one, again though i'm not sure he will play midfield so he is a risk and i would wait to see where he plays he's early season footy.

I think you could add L.Davis and Higgins to this group, davis off half back could be dangerous and higgins will play more midfield time then most of these.

In ending i'd go Sylvia + who ever you like more i dont think one answer is more right then the other !

Chapman and R.Tarrant V Adcock and Rioli

Can't decide
Take rioli over chappy, he's ready to explode and chappy's injuries are massive question marks. I'd be inclined to go tarrant/rookie over adcock aswell. Whilst adcock is a good player he's never scored enough to be a keeper and i dont think he's cheap enough to be a cash cow but thats only my thougts but i'd save that 150k to upgrade somewhere else.

Take rioli over chappy, he's ready to explode and chappy's injuries are massive question marks. I'd be inclined to go tarrant/rookie over adcock aswell. Whilst adcock is a good player he's never scored enough to be a keeper and i dont think he's cheap enough to be a cash cow but thats only my thougts but i'd save that 150k to upgrade somewhere else.

I've never really been sold on Rioli, and I'm struggling to find someone to upgrade with the 150k. Might just hold onto the money for an upgrade during the season. I just know i'm going to regret not getting chapman.

I've never really been sold on Rioli, and I'm struggling to find someone to upgrade with the 150k. Might just hold onto the money for an upgrade during the season. I just know i'm going to regret not getting chapman.
Chappy is a star no debating that but Rioli is the next superstar he's career to date is scarily similar to Ablett jnr's to date. I don't think you'll miss on either to be honest.

Chappy's injury, potential late start, likely to miss games has put me off him.

When he plays he will score well but he'll be in and out all year.

Sylvia is probably the only one who you can safely say will probably score 80+ on a consistent basis. On pure talent i think there all absolute potential stars. I'd stay away from Gray this year because of injury let him string 10 games together before you go there. Yarran is a hard one he could fire playing loose across half back or get tagged out of it so again i think he's one you leave. Dangerfield if he plays midfield could be the one, again though i'm not sure he will play midfield so he is a risk and i would wait to see where he plays he's early season footy.

I think you could add L.Davis and Higgins to this group, davis off half back could be dangerous and higgins will play more midfield time then most of these.

In ending i'd go Sylvia + who ever you like more i dont think one answer is more right then the other !

Cheers mate i think ill leave the decision to a bit closer to the season

gaff vs. atley?

I haven't been too impressed with Gaff, although I think he will probably get more games than Atley, Atley will probably score higher. I'm inclined to say Atley for the extra $70k, but I'd wait til the teams are named in round one as there is every chance Atley won't be in norths best 22.

Trent Cotchin vs J. Kennedy (Swans)

Looking for a 4th ,middle of range mid. to go with Swan, Cross and Priddis for future upgrade target.

Any thoughts?

Trent Cotchin vs J. Kennedy (Swans)

Looking for a 4th ,middle of range mid. to go with Swan, Cross and Priddis for future upgrade target.

Any thoughts?

Get rid of Priddis and disregard Kennedy or cotchin and look at Judd or Murphy and Selwood or Bartel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back