Players and where there at

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 3, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
I am really Frustrated at the Essendon Football Club they are playing some really crap footy so I think these are the players the Essendon should give away

Gone:
Bolton
J Johnson
Chris Heffernan
Ricky Dyson
Kepler Bradley
Richard Cole
Scott Camporeale

Maybe:
Courtney Johns
Mark Johnson
Adam McPhee
Damien Peverill
Jobe Watson

I am really Frustrated at the Essendon Football Club they are playing some really crap footy so I think these are the players the Essendon should give away

Gone:
Bolton
J Johnson
Chris Heffernan
Ricky Dyson
Kepler Bradley
Richard Cole
Scott Camporeale

Maybe:
Courtney Johns
Mark Johnson
Adam McPhee
Damien Peverill
Jobe Watson

Jason Johnson gone and MJ in the maybe ,WTF :confused:

My best geuss at what may happen.
MJ uncontracted for 2007 and looks like the game has past him.
Dyson also uncontracted for 2007 and has had his chance.
Bolts gone.
Campo gone.
Hird gone.
Heff gone.
Cole is nearly gone, will get a few weeks to show where he is at.But will have to pull something special out.
Johns, well im 90% sure he is signed for next year.
Bradley , think he will stay.
Pev, depends on how he finish's the year but currently he would be likely to get another year.

I think the number going off the list will be 7 possibly 8.

In my opinion you cannot play MJ, JJ and Peverill in the same team. Two of them you could get away with but not all three, skills are very average.

Gone by the end of 2007 -

Gone -

Mark Bolton
James Hird
Ricky Dyson
Scott Camporeale
Mark Johnson
Chris Heffernan
Richard Cole

I think we will Keep Bradley to see what his guys all about and that goes the same with Laycock and Johns

Gone

Bolton
Campo
Cole
Dyson
Heffernan
Hird
Johns
M.Johnson

Seriously consider
J.Johnson
Bradley
Peverill

Why Jason Johnson? his two games back have been good. One of the few players we have who actually runs forward. I doubt he will be going anyway as we signed him for two years, we wont be trying to trade him again.

I guess we will see with Johns but i think they still see next year as crunch time for him.

Why Jason Johnson? his two games back have been good. One of the few players we have who actually runs forward. I doubt he will be going anyway as we signed him for two years, we wont be trying to trade him again.

I guess we will see with Johns but i think they still see next year as crunch time for him.

ant, the list is what i would like to see, not what i think they will do.

You know my views on Johns

As for JJ, i didn't expect him to play well last night, as players who play well first week back in the seniors after an injury, rarely play well second week. I thought he was quite ordinary last night.

I just think that the way he plays the game, bang crash, that he won't have much time left and would prefer to see another young kid in there.
Having said that, you are right he does have one more year, so we should honour that.

As i see it we are pretty much stuffed for a couple of years, so i would like to make the most of low finishes and get as many young kids in the doors.

I know this can have drawbacks also, but i think in the long run it would be best.

For me
Gone next year -
Dyson - going nowhere
Hird
Camporeale - enough said already
Bolton - please!!
Cole - unless consistently in team from here
And 1 of
Mark Johnson - unless improves from here
Kepler Bradley
Heffernan
Lee

Doubt we'd get rid of too many - value of draft picks below 50 always dubious in recent years. Might only turn over 5 or 6 - certainly don't think 7 or 8 as suggested above. I think Kepler will be given more time due to his size. I agree that we can't have Watson, JJ, MJ, Heff & Pev all in the same side/list - therefore Heff or MJ would be feeling nervous.

Hird, Campo and Bolton are just about certainties to be gone.

Heff, Dyson and Cole really need to lift to be there next season. I think it'll probably be time for Heff to hang them up. Dyson has talent but really needs to put it together. We need to see Cole more in the seniors to make a decision. For him and Dyson I think it's all in the head.

Bradley will probably be persisted with. I think he's worth 1 more year.

McPhee and MJ could be shopped around though I doubt MJ has much trade value. He's still got good footy in him IMO though so I think he'll stay. Would like to see him play forward though.

Pev might get another year if he keeps his form up but the club are aware his best just isn't good enough any more if we want to be up there. If guys like Lonergan, Hislop and Slattery come on this year then he could be gone.

Johns will probably be kept given the investment in him and the age of Lloyd and Lucas. Would like to see him show a lot more, though playing him as a genuine FF would be better because he seems to get lost up the ground and our indirect style doesn't suit him.

JJ will stay. We'll need his experience and he's still a good player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gone:
Bolton
J Johnson
Chris Heffernan
Ricky Dyson
Kepler Bradley
Richard Cole
Scott Camporeale

Maybe:
Courtney Johns
Mark Johnson
Adam McPhee
Damien Peverill
Jobe Watson

ridiculous list imo.. JJ is going well, his in good form, i dont see why he is gone, heff i think has been reasonable but i would stil put him on the maybe lsit, bradley will stay..
IMO it will look like this

Gone:
Bolton
Ricky Dyson
Richard Cole
Scott Camporeale
James Hird

Maybe:
Courtney Johns
Chris Heffernan

if you put adam mcphee and mark johnson as maybes to go then you need to learn a bit about the bombers club. mcphee is one of our best players.. has had 2 bad games this year out of 7 and your calling for his head. absolutely stupid from you...
i have an idea, seeings where chucking out players why dont we chuck out lucas, lloyd, fletcher, mal and may aswell throw out davey and ryder too..

ridiculous list imo.. JJ is going well, his in good form, i dont see why he is gone, heff i think has been reasonable but i would stil put him on the maybe lsit, bradley will stay..
IMO it will look like this

Gone:
Bolton
Ricky Dyson
Richard Cole
Scott Camporeale
James Hird

Maybe:
Courtney Johns
Chris Heffernan

if you put adam mcphee and mark johnson as maybes to go then you need to learn a bit about the bombers club. mcphee is one of our best players.. has had 2 bad games this year out of 7 and your calling for his head. absolutely stupid from you...
i have an idea, seeings where chucking out players why dont we chuck out lucas, lloyd, fletcher, mal and may aswell throw out davey and ryder too..

Judging by your username, maybe YOU need to learn a bit about the Bombers

what a stupid comeback! judging somebody's football knowledge on a chat forum username.:confused:

It actually wasn't a comeback, as he didn't make those comments about my post.

I'm sorry shall i check with you in the future before i reply to any posts to make sure i meet your approval?

Ever heard of a thing called sarcasm?

It actually wasn't a comeback, as he didn't make those comments about my post.

I'm sorry shall i check with you in the future before i reply to any posts to make sure i meet your approval?

Ever heard of a thing called sarcasm?

Dont worry Merv , being the oricle you only have to run it by me and i can only say, give them some stick :thumbsu: :D

We'll lose at most 7 players.
5 for the National Draft, 1 for the pre-season draft and maybe 1 to a trade.

Definites

Hird
Camporeale
Lee
Michael (only if he volantarily retires)

Probables

Bolton
Heffernen

On The Edge

Neagle
Nash

Tradeable

Laycock
Bradley
Mark Johnson

Definites

Hird
Camporeale
Lee

Probables

Bolton
Heffernen

On The Edge

Neagle
Nash

Tradeable

Laycock
Bradley
Mark Johnson

Laycock should have been traded prior to the best ever 2006 draft, as I promulgated last November. :mad:

Definites

Hird
Camporeale
Lee

Probables

Bolton
Heffernen

On The Edge

Neagle
Nash

Tradeable

Laycock
Bradley
Mark Johnson

Michael or Lee won't go

Why would Neagle or Nash be "on the edge"?

No one would want the "tradeables"

Michael or Lee won't go

Why would Neagle or Nash be "on the edge"?

No one would want the "tradeables"

Lee hasn't done or shown anything. There is a reason why he's only played 5 games.

Ditto Neagle.

I like Nash but to be perfectly honest, he's just a dime a dozen half back flanker who gets injured a lot.

Laycock is a ruckmen. Always easy to trade a ruckman.
I'm sure someone would want to take a punt on Kepler whilst clubs close to premiership success or looking for a hard body would always be interested in a Mark Johnson.

Remove this Banner Ad

Players and where there at

Remove this Banner Ad

Back