Prediction Players likely to retire at/by years end

Remove this Banner Ad

Starting to approach the end of year where some retirements start filtering through for farewell games etc.

Who is likely to retire from your club?

Waite I'd say at 35 is a certainty to retire.

Depending on how he finishes the year Scott Thompson could be forced into it also to allow one of our young KPD regular games next year.

other the notables that I could see retiring from other teams are Goddard, McVeigh, Vince, Picken?

Last edited by a moderator:
Only blokes retiring from our list will be those who are made redundant via de listing.

Tom Bell, Rohan Bewick, Liam Dawson, Marco Paparone.

Harry Taylor might call it a day....other than that I think we don't have any notables.

Taylor is contracted for next year and I doubt we want to pay it out (in theory he could walk away and agree to forgo most of he money but i doubt that's likely).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jordan Lewis a smoky to be nudged into retirement?

Vince will be nudged first which might save lewis 1 more year
Lewis still has a year on his contract so i doubt he gets nudged.

Vince and Pedersen from Melbourne

Picken wants to play next year despite his concussion issues all year. I'd rather he didn't, he has nothing left to prove to us (plus got a flag) and health could be a concern long term.

Morris will likely go another year.

Clay Smith has retired however.

If Waite and Thompson retire from North AFL team hopefully they both find a home at the North VFL team to help with the delvelopment of the kids we have got there.

Vince will retire I’d say. Pedersen may retire but if not likely delisted.

Collingwood will tap Wells on the shoulder. With Dunn and Scharenberg already likely to miss a fair chunk next year doubt they can carry him. But he’s contracted so may want to try play out the year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Players likely to retire at/by years end

Remove this Banner Ad

Back