players who didnt turn up

Remove this Banner Ad

absolutely no leadership what so ever, i seriously thought we were 'on' up till half time, and then it was the worst of the swans for the second half. mind you the doggies were good.

people should remember this wasnt our year. it is a slow rebuild. i think we should give paul roos time and he will have us contending again in 3-4 years time, when geelong, hawthorn and some others run into trouble.

we cannot afford to tank and we need to stay in touch with finals footy to build some experience with our young brigade.

we have done better than expected this season so no need to worry long-term.

Kirk (very disappointing)
Bolton J
Goodes
Bevan
Malceski
Okeefe

being a bit harsh on kirkie i would have thought, he has been sensational for u blokes this year, and single handedly changed the game last week.. i know its disappointing when u lose, but u guys have got the absolute best out of yourselves this year... bulldogs will only get smashed next week anyway..

Kirky is awesome, but it was his worst game all year tonite. I guess he's not super human. and agreed, we did as best we could, still had a presence in the finals. 3rd quarter was just so disappointing.

I thought we'd go out better at least. Put up no fight at all.. no leadership, nothing.

Back to wondering where we'll be next year in the off season now, I guess.

people should remember this wasnt our year. it is a slow rebuild. i think we should give paul roos time and he will have us contending again in 3-4 years time, when geelong, hawthorn and some others run into trouble.

we cannot afford to tank and we need to stay in touch with finals footy to build some experience with our young brigade.

we have done better than expected this season so no need to worry long-term.

Not trolling here mate...this is a serious question....interested in the statement in bold - what current young Sydney players do you expect to play a major role in that rise back up the ladder? Looking at the 08 side, Kirk, J Bolton, Barry, Hall, Everitt, O'Loughlin, Kennelly (back to Ireland), Crouch, Ablett?, Jolly? may all be out of the picture by then. Does sydney have good youth on its list already to cover these blokes, or are you talking about draft picks over the next 3 years?

Bad luck on the loss. Another solid year under Roos.

Add Veszpremi to that list. I barely saw him all night.

Vez is still a kid, he'll be a great asset in the next few years.
it was our leadership group who failed to lead big time.

Bevan was hammered.

Moore tried hard.

Hall played half a game.

Missed Micky O.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

too slow tonight and despite a first quarter that had some highlights for the swans the game was being played on the dogs terms and then in the 3rd quarter you could see hands on hips due to the dogs great running.

09 should be interesting. Most of the list are getting too slow for the quality teams....tonight it showed.

its pompous comments like that, which cause other people to not bother returning.

i thought this was a forum where you could have an opinion, and not be crapped on because of it. obviously not.

Never said you couldn't have an opinion. It's just that your opinions always seem to be so negative. It gets rather timesome.

Yeah, you're basically a NM supporter in Swans colours. Harsh call I know... no one's THAT stupid, but it feels that way sometimes when people sink the boot in unnecessarily after a harsh loss.

Yeah, you're basically a NM supporter in Swans colours. Harsh call I know... no one's THAT stupid, but it feels that way sometimes when people sink the boot in unnecessarily after a harsh loss.

I agree. It was a harsh loss but needs to be put in some perspective. If we had kicked straight in the second quarter and gone into half-time with a lead (no matter how narrow)...I think psychologically, for the Dogs to be in front at half-time seemed to fill them with the confidence they needed to unleash their hard running game which was always going to be too much for us. Interestingly once again we stayed with them for 3 out of the 4 quarters. Except this time it was their 3rd quarter that blew the game open. :(

OK everyone let's take a deep breath. Yes, tonight was disappointing but to be fair in recent times we have been unbelievably spoilt by the swans. I don't think, realistically, anyone can question the committment of the players, we were just out played by a better team. This is when true supporters earn their stripes. Having supported them since I was 3 (27 years of support) I think we need to place it all in perspective.

Regardless of what happens in the future I will support them just as strongly because they are MY team. Your value as a supporter is not determined by the great wins you witness, it is the losses that you sit through until the bitter end, that truly determine your value.

1980- 2002, watched every televised game of the swans (grew up interstate) always thinking 'they were in with a chance'
2003- Attended my first Swans match Vs Haw, lost by 40 odd and said to my wife like a little kid 'How good was that!'
2004- SF Vs St Kilda sat in the pooring rain til the very end, so wet the inside of my wallet was soaked!
2008- Vs Coll Telstra Dome stayed to end despite one of the biggest whippings of all time

Why do I do this? Because they are MY team, and they are the BLOODS! They always have been and they always will be!

Can you say the same about yourself?

look, i wont be returning to this forum after tonite anyhow. apologies to all if i have created a negative vibe. swans rock, i just hate losing like that. enjoy yourselves. au revoir.

Fair cop, if I had the chance I would generally stay to the end. My Dad just likes to leave early because of parking so if we're no hope I usually agree to go. When on my own however I always stay to the end.

That said, I haven't been to many losses live. Worst I've seen was Pies last year which I did stay until the end for.

players who did turn up
hall
mcveigh
amen for bucho
and kirky tried hard, i thought we didnt capitalize in the first quarter also the suppoters were quiet as a church mouse, i was at the game and the ratio was very even but the bullies got behind there boys unlike our supporters

Remove this Banner Ad

players who didnt turn up

Remove this Banner Ad

Back