Political Discussion part #2 - Let’s go out for 10 Big Macs at the Engadine Maccas!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

If I was on the coin he was with the perks he has, no I wouldn’t.

Yes you would because why not set up your new born even more.

Hows your bus stop going?

Pretty, Pretty, Pretty good. Stevie Mullighan sent a letter specifically thanking me

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Barnaby Joyce you are a ******* disgrace, a $150k tell all about your sex life.

Just leave you selfish w***er.

I reckon we could crowdfund $150K to not hear about his sex life.

I actually agree with this. A Royal Commission will get the truth out once and for all.
It would be interesting.

My scope would include looking into what the hell happened and also how future infrastructure projects are to managed and decided.

We desperately need a bi-partisan approach to these things.

It would be interesting.

My scope would include looking into what the hell happened and also how future infrastructure projects are to managed and decided.

We desperately need a bi-partisan approach to these things.

As we see the tram extension continue to be bungled (IMO further reason not to proceed with the right hand turn), all the more reason for scope like this.

As for the RAH, I really hope the issues with the hospital can be fixed. We've got a brilliant precinct in that area with SAHMRI and the two university buildings. The RAH should be the centrepiece of the precinct, and at the moment it is not.

Newspoll out tomorrow

Libs down 1%
ALP 52
LNP 48

Better PM
Turnbull up 1% to 47%
Shorten down 2% to 30%

Primary vote
ALP 38
LNP 38

If only Malcolm was leading the Labor party, they'd be unstoppable!

...????

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do we really want either of them as PM?

Not really. Our political system has become "oh well, I guess I wanted Malcolm in because he's not Shorten." Or "Bill would be okay because he's not Turnbull."

Since Rudd we've elected politicians on the basis of who they aren't.

Not really. Our political system has become "oh well, I guess I wanted Malcolm in because he's not Shorten." Or "Bill would be okay because he's not Turnbull."

Since Rudd we've elected politicians on the basis of who they aren't.
Since Rudd?

Howard wasn't Keating. KRudd wasn't Howard. Abbott wasn't KRudd or Gillard.

Shorten though won't be elected because he isn't Turnbull. Turnbull is actually preferred ahead of him. Shorten will be elected because the ALP isn't the Coalition. It really is the Coalition which the voters hate, rather than Turnbull personally. Turnbull is ineffective and impotent, but he's not outright offensive and pissing off the electorate - unlike most of the other idiots in his party.

Since Rudd?

Shorten though won't be elected because he isn't Turnbull. Turnbull is actually preferred ahead of him. Shorten will be elected because the ALP isn't the Coalition. It really is the Coalition which the voters hate, rather than Turnbull personally. Turnbull is ineffective and impotent, but he's not outright offensive and pissing off the electorate - unlike most of the other idiots in his party.

Fair enough. But Rudd was one of the first to hammer home his whole "I'm not John Howard" platform all the while not really making any of his positions clear. At least Gough said "it's time" for change while telling you what that change would be.

What you've described there is what's wrong with our system. Shorten's on the nose with the electorate, but the union movement put him in charge. Not because he's any good, or because he's a gifted leader, or even because he'd manage a national economy well. It's because unions, and now he can stay as long as he likes because KRudd.

Same with Malcolm. Factions put him in place, so he's apparently the best option. But he's not. He's a political appointment to keep groups happy - groups that don't matter one shit in the context of a strong Australian economic and political landscape. And he's not a leader either.

Such a sad position this country finds itself in.

Sadly, you cant see anything ever being done.

Too much fear of words like 'stolen generation' being thrown around. Despite the horrifying numbers those words are being mentioned anyway. Absolutely no solution on the horizon, the entire system is built around blaming everyone but the parents and asking for more money that has no hope of fixing the issue.

It's probably a little similar in sone white parts of the country where you're dealing with 3rd or 4th generation unemployed. Breaking the cycle is impossible if the kids aren't being pushed in the right direction. But it's definitely supercharged up here. So many have no hope at all, it really is incredibly sad.

Since Rudd?

What actually is the government doing wrong?

If you mention debt, I hope you’re going to have a crack at the Senate of which your lefty mates have a big say in.

Elite Crow Wireless is the way of the future....

Rudd’s NBN folly: over budget, over time

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/op...e/news-story/edd703233e41b41999f5011b5dc9bbcb
I said this from the very beginning. We didn’t need the government to get involved, private enterprise would take over.

With my own personal situation, I can’t get NBN until 2020. Wireless Satellite providers are building more and more towers to fill the void. I’m currently getting 25mbs, they’ve just announced this will be increasing to 50mbs.

What a mess Labor created and the Libs trying to save money and get the job done have extended the mess. But without Labor forcing the situation we wouldn’t be in this mess to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back